• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2015 8:29 am
[OP]
Jul 5, 2015
89 posts
17 upvotes
Coquitlam

Shoppers Drug Mart rejecting smartsource.ca coupon

I was a local Shoppers in Vancouver, BC and I was trying to use a coupon that I printed off smartsource.ca. They rejected my coupon and insisted that there must be a "website" on the coupon. I showed them the mailing address and expiry date on the coupon and they still declined.

A few days later, I went back to the same store with the same coupon and a printed off Coupon Policy from their website. I asked for the store manager and he said that they need the website header on the piece of paper I printed it off from. I told him that their coupon policy does not require a website of any kind and that my coupon meets all requirements. He said the time that I printed off this coupon (which was 30 minutes before going to the store), they probably changed the coupon policies from head office. In the end, they said they will take my coupon this time only.

He said I could have photocopied this coupon a hundred times and this is their way of preventing scams.. by needing the website header on the coupon. But couldn't someone had printed it off from that link/website a hundred times too?

Does anyone else print coupons off smartsource.ca and get their coupons rejected anywhere? I printed off the coupon again that I received from smartsource.ca and even if I didnt cut the coupon, there is no website header to be found..

Here is an example of my coupon.
http://imgur.com/BTCoJV0
8 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
3845 posts
1201 upvotes
Ontario
i use them all the time. seems like the store managment are d*cks. if this is the store you always use, make a complaint to head office, multiple times if needed for them to correct themselves.

i have one store near me that i dont normally go to, and the owner there is always working the cash, he is very similar, giving a hard time for any coupons i have. i haven't complained about him (i just go to a more convenient store)
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
3058 posts
741 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
Yea I had no problems at all. Should file a complaint.
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17857 posts
5818 upvotes
Toronto
These work at Walmart all the time. Stupid Loblaw.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4120 posts
923 upvotes
Sask.
Two of the three Shoppers Drug Marts closest to us won't take any printed coupons any more - because of other people abusing them.
One still does, but it's a little farther away from us.
I just plan my shopping so any printed coupons are used at other stores.
Sep 2, 2012
191 posts
19 upvotes
Like others have said use other stores if Shoppers Drug Marts are not coupon friendly. Only when people go elsewhere Shoppers Drug Marts will clean up their act.

I would definitely recommend London Drugs in place of Shoppers Drug Marts. London Drugs have stores all over Vancouver.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3531 posts
8781 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
My family encountered the same thing with their SDM refusing online printed coupons due to "fraudulent" use by other customers. I have never had an issue at the SDM's I frequent. I believe most SDM's are owner operated and the owner probably makes the decision to refuse online printed coupons for their stores. If it's not up to them, then I say call head office and get them to advise the store to honour the coupons per their coupon policy.

Just a side note: Not sure if many people know this but the smartsource online coupons allow for 2 prints from each computer. If you print the coupon twice, the "Offer ID" number will be the same but the "Pin Number" is different for each print. Therefore, 2 prints of the same product will give you 2 unique Pin Numbers. I have educated a few cashiers that I can tell were debating whether to allow both coupons or not. This way they can feel assured that each coupon is unique. That said, I'm sure there are abusers out there that could photocopy these originals and use them elsewhere or another day.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10453 posts
2027 upvotes
Nowhere
Call 1 800 Shoppers and complain. At the very least, they will give you some Optimum points. I had one store manager refuse Free Product Coupons from the coupon flyers. At first, I was told they were fraudulent. I'm so sophisticated that I printed out my own coupons on flyer paper complete with ads on the back. Then I was told they were stolen when the manager called me to ostensibly apologize to me. I was called a counterfeiter and a thief. I had 3 coupons: two were of the same product but had different ads on the back as they appeared in the flyers twice. Needless to say, I haven't shopped at that location since.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12948 posts
2119 upvotes
City of Vancouver
OP, this is the consequence if fraudsters ruining it for the rest of us.

I thought the tiny writing on the coupon border would be blurry if photocopied.