Hot Deals

Shoppers Drug Mart

Royale Facial Tissues 88's-126's Almost FREE (must pay the tax) ONT/QC/East (after coupon, ymmv)

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2021 7:10 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
4116 posts
26104 upvotes
RunOrDie wrote: Is it on sale again for $0.99?
Yes, on sale August 28 to September 2. Basically every 2 weeks.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1739 posts
2109 upvotes
hill15 wrote: Time to fire up the printer so I can get 12 boxes for $1.54 including tax (2 transactions) so I can donate.
Some of the shoppers I go to have random amounts they restrict you too. One was 4 another was 3 lol.
Sr. Member
Jan 30, 2017
618 posts
97 upvotes
hill15 wrote: Time to fire up the printer so I can get 12 boxes for $1.54 including tax (2 transactions) so I can donate.
Did any of you guys print out recently? I can’t find the coupon for $1 off anything.. it’s either $1 off 6 pack of tissue box or $1 off paper pack..
Member
Jan 18, 2018
372 posts
478 upvotes
My hope is to try to get 56 boxes tomorrow Face With Tears Of Joy.
That would bring the total up to $60.44 I think. So should get 20k points back.
Jr. Member
Jun 21, 2021
188 posts
122 upvotes
@a2younis are you allowed that many coupons in 1 transactions. I wish the SDM I shopped at would take 12 in one at least. Great if you can pull this off
Member
Jan 18, 2018
372 posts
478 upvotes
Flemeth wrote: @a2younis are you allowed that many coupons in 1 transactions. I wish the SDM I shopped at would take 12 in one at least. Great if you can pull this off
Most of the Shoppers' around me do not allow it. Last time I called around 3-4 near me to see if I can get 72, and they all told me no for different reasons.
But there is one that allowed me to get 48 boxes 3-4 weeks ago. I'll try to call before I go tomorrow and see if they'll do it.
Sr. Member
Jul 11, 2017
518 posts
456 upvotes
I haven't tried in my area yet, but I am sure the coupon will be met with issues. I know one Shoppers is good for coupons normally (Fellow couponer works there, or at least did before Covid, Shoppers Pen Centre), another is awful for coupon acceptance (Shoppers Hartzel), and the last one can be hit or miss (Shoppers Fourth Ave), all in St.Kitts. Not needing any facial tissue yet, but I managed to get a bunch, so I can stock up as needed.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
7231 posts
12206 upvotes
Montreal
Flemeth wrote: @a2younis fingers crossed it worked out for you
I wish it doesn't work. It's because of abuse like this that we can't have nice things. My local SDM has now limited coupons to 2 per customer.
Sr. Member
Feb 16, 2006
994 posts
168 upvotes
Mississauga
Just tried this at the shoppers at 5 and 10 in mississauga, they gave me a hell of a hard time. I had 2 coupons and 2 boxes of tissue.

First, manager stated that they dont accept printed coupons. I explained its from royale directly, it's a manufacturer coupon - a coupon is a coupon.

Then she stated that the coupon isn't applicable with 'other deals' and since it's on sale, that constitutes a deal. Politely explained she's wrong, sale price isn't a deal.

Then she said that because it's on sale for 99 cents and the coupon is $1, she can't do it because she can't give it away for free. Again, politely explained that she isnt, I'm still paying the tax.

She looked for any excuse. This was at 730am, and there was a line up forming behind me, so she said this time because she didn't want to argue.

Annoying for 2 boxes of tissue. Thanks OP still...but my goodness, gotta explain things to people like it's their first time seeing a coupon.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
7231 posts
12206 upvotes
Montreal
There you have it: on one side you have the ones that try to pass 56 or 72 coupons all at once then on the other side you have the managers who get so fed-up with the abuses that they give others a hard time over two measly $1 coupons.
Member
Jan 18, 2018
372 posts
478 upvotes
Temporel wrote: I wish it doesn't work. It's because of abuse like this that we can't have nice things. My local SDM has now limited coupons to 2 per customer.
The manager was laughing and enjoyed it when I was getting the 48. Even entered an extra coupon just because they wanted to try something out, see if it works. Not sure how this would be abuse, or affect what other stores do or don't allow, but whatever.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
7231 posts
12206 upvotes
Montreal
Yeah, I'm sure managers think it's a lark when a single customer clears the shelf of 56 or 72 boxes of tissues then the other customers complain because it's out of stock. Also, they really enjoy paying employees to manage the refund of those coupons and wait for weeks to get their money back, hoping not too many are fake and get declined.

Indeed no abuse. I'm sure that's what the manufacturer had in mind when they put out those coupons: for you to get 48, 96 or "whatever" like you say for Free.

Clueless. Neutral Face
Member
Mar 5, 2007
326 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
Temporel wrote: Yeah, I'm sure managers think it's a lark when a single customer clears the shelf of 56 or 72 boxes of tissues then the other customers complain because it's out of stock. Also, they really enjoy paying employees to manage the refund of those coupons and wait for weeks to get their money back, hoping not too many are fake and get declined.

Indeed no abuse. I'm sure that's what the manufacturer had in mind when they put out those coupons: for you to get 48, 96 or "whatever" like you say for Free.

Clueless. Neutral Face
It’s crazy how greed/exploitation/whatever you want to call it thrives and is ubiquitous among all cultures. Humans, bruh!

It’s also crazy how we are all derived from millions of years of evolution. Not sure why I’m thinking about all this, but thought it was quite… thought-provoking Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
7231 posts
12206 upvotes
Montreal
r3ddrag0nx wrote: It’s crazy how greed/exploitation/whatever you want to call it thrives and is ubiquitous among all cultures. Humans, bruh!

It’s also crazy how we are all derived from millions of years of evolution. Not sure why I’m thinking about all this, but thought it was quite… thought-provoking Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
Yep, deep thoughts on a Saturday morning: evolution = always wanting more, more, more. It's never enough. But that's blasphemy on a site like RFD.
Member
Jan 18, 2018
372 posts
478 upvotes
Temporel wrote: Yeah, I'm sure managers think it's a lark when a single customer clears the shelf of 56 or 72 boxes of tissues then the other customers complain because it's out of stock. Also, they really enjoy paying employees to manage the refund of those coupons and wait for weeks to get their money back, hoping not too many are fake and get declined.

Indeed no abuse. I'm sure that's what the manufacturer had in mind when they put out those coupons: for you to get 48, 96 or "whatever" like you say for Free.

Clueless. Neutral Face
They said they usually send in ~1000+ coupons a month, all in bulk to a company that sorts and reimburses them. I don't think my 48 broke anyone. Specially not any shoppers employees.
They also had planty of stock remaining after I was gone.

These theoretical problems you are inventing are interesting, but not based in reality in this situation.
If there was a problem with stock, I'm sure they'd tell me when I ask(ed) in advance.
Newbie
Jul 7, 2016
14 posts
6 upvotes
Windsor
Coupons were accepted per policy for me, but store limited to 2 per transaction. Good deal thanks op
Member
Mar 9, 2009
394 posts
217 upvotes
a_souljah wrote: Just tried this at the shoppers at 5 and 10 in mississauga, they gave me a hell of a hard time. I had 2 coupons and 2 boxes of tissue.

First, manager stated that they dont accept printed coupons. I explained its from royale directly, it's a manufacturer coupon - a coupon is a coupon.

Then she stated that the coupon isn't applicable with 'other deals' and since it's on sale, that constitutes a deal. Politely explained she's wrong, sale price isn't a deal.

Then she said that because it's on sale for 99 cents and the coupon is $1, she can't do it because she can't give it away for free. Again, politely explained that she isnt, I'm still paying the tax.

She looked for any excuse. This was at 730am, and there was a line up forming behind me, so she said this time because she didn't want to argue.

Annoying for 2 boxes of tissue. Thanks OP still...but my goodness, gotta explain things to people like it's their first time seeing a coupon.
SDM stores in Sauga always give me hard time as well. There have been posted by other RFD users that they have difficulty dealing with SDM and Walmart in Squareone for other deals as well. It’s better that we go to other locations in other cities.

Edit: which location did you go to? A Google review about that specific location would help other customers as well.
Sr. Member
Feb 16, 2006
994 posts
168 upvotes
Mississauga
milomilemila wrote: Edit: which location did you go to? A Google review about that specific location would help other customers as well.
Dundas and Hurontario SDM - Huron Square location per their website.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)