Hot Deals

Shoppers Drug Mart

Royale Facial Tissues 88's-126's Almost FREE (must pay the tax) ONT/QC/East (after coupon, ymmv) Nov. 6-12

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2021 9:34 am
Jun 21, 2021
238 posts
166 upvotes
cream4389 wrote: why does it matter that it generates different PIN and barcode each time? I don't think SDM scans it at point of sale so it's not like they'll know the coupons have the same barcodes?
@cream4389 All the stores that takes printable that I shopped at including SDM knows to look for the different Pins . SDM will not get reimbursed from the company if the accept 2 or more coupons with the same pin that’s why every time you print you get a different PIN it has nothing to do with the bar code. That being said if we all do the right thing stores will continue to take printable coupons. Just my input
Jun 21, 2021
238 posts
166 upvotes
milomilemila wrote: Thank you OP. Picked up 4 boxes from a nearby SDM today for $0.48 after the coupons, 2 coupons each transaction (1 box of 2 ply and 1 box of 3 ply).

I am able to print 26 coupons and save another 10 coupons in pdf. I can print more but don’t think I would use that much. All I did is print 2 coupons in private tab in Safari in my phone, then close Safari completely, reopen the private tab and print, I just keep doing this to print as much coupons as I want to.

You are very Lucky. I only got to print from the PDF got 6 the first time and another 6 the second time . I did this on my PC with chrome. Firefox did not work for me to do this. Any tips to share how you get to print it directly without saving the PDF . TIA
Jun 21, 2021
238 posts
166 upvotes
Temporel wrote: Have you seen the size of the PIN and its length on the coupon? Do you think cashiers have the time or inclination to check those? They barely check the expiration date and the product description. Will they remember the PIN the next time you shop there? Because they make it more complicated to print, the utilization rate will go down. Too many hoops to jump through. My local SDM has already cut back on coupons and it's now 2 per transaction MAX.
Yes I have seen the size of the PIN . And I am sure that if Companies are going to be loosing money on these coupons the will stop accepting them like Metro for example..

Sorry only my opinion
Jul 14, 2018
367 posts
411 upvotes
Huge YMMV - SDM I went to did not want to process the coupons - coupon value has to be less than product cost.
Mar 9, 2009
419 posts
232 upvotes
Flemeth wrote: You are very Lucky. I only got to print from the PDF got 6 the first time and another 6 the second time . I did this on my PC with chrome. Firefox did not work for me to do this. Any tips to share how you get to print it directly without saving the PDF . TIA
I printed directly 10 copies due to the fact that my printer plan only print 15 pages per month, then the rest I save them to pdf to ask my uncle print them for me at his work. I did the same steps for both printing directly and pdf. I used private tab in Safari browser in iPhone. Hope this helps.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
7652 posts
12875 upvotes
Montreal
divx wrote: I can confirm print to pdf works just fine.
Flemeth wrote: @Temporel I was also able to print from the PDF from my PC you have to save the coupon first and then print it. Every time I print it I will close off the browser and go back to the site so I can have different PIN I used the tips that @TrueToy mentioned and it let me print6
You were right; I edited my post. :)
Both work for me now: Print to pdf and Save to pdf.
Flemeth wrote: Yes I have seen the size of the PIN . And I am sure that if Companies are going to be loosing money on these coupons the will stop accepting them like Metro for example... Sorry only my opinion
You are right. If you can. Since it's relatively easy. Try to print coupons with different PINs in order for Shoppers (or any other merchant) to get reimbursed.
Jul 1, 2012
329 posts
242 upvotes
Toronto
Temporel wrote: Have you seen the size of the PIN and its length on the coupon? Do you think cashiers have the time or inclination to check those? They barely check the expiration date and the product description. Will they remember the PIN the next time you shop there? Because they make it more complicated to print, the utilization rate will go down. Too many hoops to jump through. My local SDM has already cut back on coupons and it's now 2 per transaction MAX.
Sure you can print the coupons with the same pin 100 times, you'd just be screwing over SDM because they won't get reimbursed. In the long run, they'd probably just not accept these coupons so I personally would rather go through extra steps to print a coupon with new pin for every one I use. To each their own I suppose.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
7652 posts
12875 upvotes
Montreal
101lol wrote: Sure you can print the coupons with the same pin 100 times, you'd just be screwing over SDM because they won't get reimbursed. In the long run, they'd probably just not accept these coupons so I personally would rather go through extra steps to print a coupon with new pin for every one I use. To each their own I suppose.
We agree and I have posted the following at 9:43 pm just before you posted:
Temporel wrote: (...) You are right. If you can. Since it's relatively easy. Try to print coupons with different PINs in order for Shoppers (or any other merchant) to get reimbursed.
And I have deleted the post you quoted. I thought it would be useless since someone had already quoted me.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
1266 posts
1794 upvotes
ratatapa wrote: got 20 coupons for my MAC

Closing incognito and reopening let me reprint 2 more

Will be fun since its 1 coupon per transaction lol
Doing it this way will get you unlimited prints.

The coupon says "Limit 1 per purchase" meaning you use one coupon for each item purchased.

Since the flyer says "Limit of 6", you can buy 6 and use 6 coupons.

If SDM/Pharmaprix refuses the coupon because the coupon exceeds the price, you can always price match at RCSS or Maxi.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
7652 posts
12875 upvotes
Montreal
couponmummy1 wrote: Doing it this way will get you unlimited prints. The coupon says "Limit 1 per purchase" meaning you use one coupon for each item purchased. Since the flyer says "Limit of 6", you can buy 6 and use 6 coupons. If SDM/Pharmaprix refuses the coupon because the coupon exceeds the price, you can always price match at RCSS or Maxi.
Some Shoppers have implemented a 2-coupon limit per transaction/customer.

Carry a copy of Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix Coupon Acceptance Guidelines with you. It clearly says:

"If the value of the coupon exceeds the value of the product, the coupon is to be processed as equal to the scanned retail of the product. The difference will not be issued as change."

[credit to "101lol"]
Oct 18, 2004
405 posts
41 upvotes
Went to the Garden City Centre SDM in BC and they only let me use one coupon per transaction. After tax, worked out to 22 cents per box. I only brought two coupons with me, so just two boxes.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
7652 posts
12875 upvotes
Montreal
If you miss this week's special on Royale tissues at Shoppers, know that it comes back at $0.99 ($1.09 in the West) every two weeks so you might want to save a few coupons. The coupon expires December 31, 2021.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2007
1306 posts
542 upvotes
couponmummy1 wrote: Doing it this way will get you unlimited prints.

The coupon says "Limit 1 per purchase" meaning you use one coupon for each item purchased.

Since the flyer says "Limit of 6", you can buy 6 and use 6 coupons.

If SDM/Pharmaprix refuses the coupon because the coupon exceeds the price, you can always price match at RCSS or Maxi.
I didn't think Maxi would price match Pharmaprix? I find the two that I go to are pretty selective on which stores they'll price match. They won't price match Mourelatos or Tiger, since I've tried that in the past.
Aug 24, 2018
480 posts
229 upvotes
Langley BC
Be aware, there are more than one type coupons.
The 3ply says 6 pack or more, then there is the 2 ply and then the "any royal" at least this many.
Someone says can't print it.
It says you HAVE TO print it.
face3.png
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
4208 posts
27642 upvotes
NinjaSaves wrote: Huge YMMV - SDM I went to did not want to process the coupons - coupon value has to be less than product cost.
Sounds like SDM employees making up their own coupon policy again.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
1266 posts
1794 upvotes
RCML27 wrote: I didn't think Maxi would price match Pharmaprix? I find the two that I go to are pretty selective on which stores they'll price match. They won't price match Mourelatos or Tiger, since I've tried that in the past.
If you go to customer service, there is usually a sign with all the stores that this particular Maxi price matches.

If no sign exists, just ask.
Jun 21, 2021
238 posts
166 upvotes
NinjaSaves wrote: Huge YMMV - SDM I went to did not want to process the coupons - coupon value has to be less than product cost.

@NinjaSaves my coupons was also refused at 2 SDM stores in my are. I only went with 2 boxes of the tissue. . For the same reason as yours. Mentioned there coupon policy and Head cashier will looking into it at 1 store. The other just said no the have there own policy to follow. It was too early this morning for me to argue about this . I just walk away
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
7652 posts
12875 upvotes
Montreal
What8ever8left wrote: Be aware, there are more than one type coupons.
The 3ply says 6 pack or more, then there is the 2 ply and then the "any royal" at least this many. (...)
What do you mean? I don't understand your post. :)
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2701 posts
1145 upvotes
Quebec
In fighting here because the tissue are in a deal and the coupon says cannot be used with any other promotion

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)