Sale price $5.99 PC meat lasagna 1.12kg ymmv

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2022 10:48 pm
[OP]
Nov 1, 2021
98 posts
818 upvotes

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Sale price $5.99 PC meat lasagna 1.12kg ymmv

Brother said he bought last two but he's seen this deal before at other locations. Maybe yours?
Regular price 10.99. Cheap price sale ends tonight.
Images
  • IMG_20220120_193321031.jpg
I eat Timtums!
15 replies
Mar 5, 2013
404 posts
485 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks OP, I see it in the flyer for my local store. Now debating if I'm going to leave the house and get some...I do love lasagna!
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1781 posts
2192 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Nice. I got similar deal this summer at Loblaws when it was $4 I believe.
Jun 5, 2007
529 posts
243 upvotes
North York
Anyone know if this meat is all beef or everything else as well?
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2004
1378 posts
2257 upvotes
Toronto, ON
FYI, that's the sale price about every three weeks at SDM. Also the Mac & Cheese. If not more frequent than that.

It's in the flyer like clockwork.

Was $5.88 at RCSS and No Frills just this past week, too.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
1909 posts
1966 upvotes
leovee1 wrote: FYI, that's the sale price about every three weeks at SDM. Also the Mac & Cheese. If not more frequent than that.

It's in the flyer like clockwork.

Was $5.88 at RCSS and No Frills just this past week, too.
Yup I got one from no frills this past Friday. Still prefer the Kirkland one. 2x3Lb for $16. It doesn’t get watery like most other store brands. But unfortunately 3LB is too large typically.
Mar 5, 2013
404 posts
485 upvotes
Kitchener
eelw11 wrote: Yup I got one from no frills this past Friday. Still prefer the Kirkland one. 2x3Lb for $16. It doesn’t get watery like most other store brands. But unfortunately 3LB is too large typically.
I find it only gets watery if I follow the instructions to bake. I usually put it to convect at 425C (Drops to 400C) (Edit* I meant F not C haha) for 1hr35min instead of bake, then 10min or so without the aluminium tent, and I haven't had that happen since. PC has more cheese than the store brand. I always have to shred some if I buy store brand ones. I surprisingly haven't tried the Kirkland ones yet, I might
Last edited by RainDown on Jan 21st, 2022 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2004
1378 posts
2257 upvotes
Toronto, ON
eelw11 wrote: Yup I got one from no frills this past Friday. Still prefer the Kirkland one. 2x3Lb for $16. It doesn’t get watery like most other store brands. But unfortunately 3LB is too large typically.
If it's watery, maybe you need to let it stand/rest longer? Or cook a tad longer at a lower temp? Low and slow see, that's the way to do it. Low and slow Winking Face

If you've ever made your own Lasagna, you'll know that leftovers are DA BOMB! It freezes so well, too.

The pasta soaks up all that sauce and liquid and when you reheat it, the flavours are more intense. I've never tried this with one of these factory made pans of lasagna but wonder if the watery issue would go away after a night in the fridge.

I make my own once or twice a year just to freeze into individual portions. A bit of work but better than factory made salt tsunami lasagnas.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
13849 posts
3015 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
RainDown wrote: I find it only gets watery if I follow the instructions to bake. I usually put it to convect at 425C (Drops to 400C) for 1hr35min instead of bake, then 10min or so without the aluminium tent, and I haven't had that happen since. PC has more cheese than the store brand. I always have to shred some if I buy store brand ones. I surprisingly haven't tried the Kirkland ones yet, I might
Thanks, I'll try that next time. I don't really mind it being watery, since we generally buy the 2kg ones, so the leftovers dry up.

I prefer Blue Menu, low sodium. Kirkland is alright, but it has cottage cheese.

Superstore/Loblaws sells the ~2kg one at $12, last time I checked. Don't know if it is exactly double the amount of this one, though.
Sep 8, 2016
203 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
rabbit wrote: Thanks, I'll try that next time. I don't really mind it being watery, since we generally buy the 2kg ones, so the leftovers dry up.

I prefer Blue Menu, low sodium. Kirkland is alright, but it has cottage cheese.

Superstore/Loblaws sells the ~2kg one at $12, last time I checked. Don't know if it is exactly double the amount of this one, though. lol
Have you tried the Longos one? I prefer it over the PC brand. It is less watery and the tomato sauce taste better, it is less sour.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
3015 posts
2883 upvotes
Prince George
RainDown wrote: I find it only gets watery if I follow the instructions to bake. I usually put it to convect at 425C (Drops to 400C) for 1hr35min instead of bake, then 10min or so without the aluminium tent, and I haven't had that happen since. PC has more cheese than the store brand. I always have to shred some if I buy store brand ones. I surprisingly haven't tried the Kirkland ones yet, I might
I hope noone takes you literally and sets their oven to 425 C Face With Tears Of Joy Fire
Mar 5, 2013
404 posts
485 upvotes
Kitchener
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: I hope noone takes you literally and sets their oven to 425 C Face With Tears Of Joy Fire
Good catch....425 Fahrenheit lol! Obviously too many late-night beers
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2004
1378 posts
2257 upvotes
Toronto, ON
DaVibe wrote: ALSO, this sale price would be over - even according to the photo - why is this posted now?
OP posted it on LAST day of the sale. You're just late to the party Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
22732 posts
10553 upvotes
Toronto
leovee1 wrote: OP posted it on LAST day of the sale. You're just late to the party Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Right. OP needs to try posting on the first day of the sale.

I'm late to the party? My freezer says otherwise.
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares