Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shoppers Drug Mart

SDM Spend Your Points Event, 95K pts = $210

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2018 10:44 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3663 posts
1174 upvotes
Mars

[Shoppers Drug Mart] SDM Spend Your Points Event, 95K pts = $210

this Sat & Sun. last chance to spend your points before Feb 1.

have not seen 95K points for $210 for years, last time was 3 years ago?

is that Beats Solo Wireless for $249 a deal, warmish? how is the headphone, quality and comfort wise?
7 replies
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
4080 posts
7024 upvotes
GTA North
I think I have like 80,000 points. Is there a way to pay the different in cash for the 95,000points if Im looking to get something? Was thinking of getting a laptop.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1562 posts
1010 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
thedealhunter2000 wrote: I think I have like 80,000 points. Is there a way to pay the different in cash for the 95,000points if Im looking to get something? Was thinking of getting a laptop.
They are many rfd who are willing to sold their optimum points. And dont buy a laptop a SDM, its probably too old and underpowered.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1062 posts
857 upvotes
GTA
thedealhunter2000 wrote: I think I have like 80,000 points. Is there a way to pay the different in cash for the 95,000points if Im looking to get something? Was thinking of getting a laptop.
YMMV but when I've needed points quickly, I've always gotten them from a family member or a close friend. I've simply returned them a little later, which won't be as easy after the end of the month. But I'm confident they would sell me points for cash if I were to offer the same $1.79 per thousand they'll get by converting; afaik, all the people I've borrowed points from in the past have well over 95k atm, so I'd expect NP buying a small amount like 15k from any of them.

As for getting a laptop at SDM, it's very much caveat emptor, meaning it's up to you to find out what model(s) they're selling and to determine whether they meet your particular needs. And as another person has noted, the units they sell are typically pretty low-end. If you want better than that, you're very likely to be SOL.
Jan 8, 2006
834 posts
171 upvotes
Jonric wrote: YMMV but when I've needed points quickly, I've always gotten them from a family member or a close friend. I've simply returned them a little later, which won't be as easy after the end of the month. But I'm confident they would sell me points for cash if I were to offer the same $1.79 per thousand they'll get by converting; afaik, all the people I've borrowed points from in the past have well over 95k atm, so I'd expect NP buying a small amount like 15k from any of them.

As for getting a laptop at SDM, it's very much caveat emptor, meaning it's up to you to find out what model(s) they're selling and to determine whether they meet your particular needs. And as another person has noted, the units they sell are typically pretty low-end. If you want better than that, you're very likely to be SOL.
how do you exchange points back and forth? i've never heard of being able to transfer optimum points. do you need that persons card and then you can use 2 cards to pay with points? I thought they'd make you use a total redemption amount from any single card, rather than splitting it up.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
jamex wrote: how do you exchange points back and forth? i've never heard of being able to transfer optimum points. do you need that persons card and then you can use 2 cards to pay with points? I thought they'd make you use a total redemption amount from any single card, rather than splitting it up.
https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/opt ... e-transfer
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2950 posts
1611 upvotes
jamex wrote: how do you exchange points back and forth? i've never heard of being able to transfer optimum points. do you need that persons card and then you can use 2 cards to pay with points? I thought they'd make you use a total redemption amount from any single card, rather than splitting it up.
You cannot use 2 different cards on the same transaction. The benefit comes from transferring enough points so that you get maximum benefit for redemption (or conversion to the new card on Feb 1). Also, the loaded offers at SDM are limited to 1 unit per offer. By having 2 (or more) cards, you have the chance for more offers or more units of the same offer.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)