Expired Hot Deals

Shoppers Drug Mart

Seagate 6TB Expansion Desktop Drive External HDD - $80 (YMMV)

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2021 7:42 am
[OP]
Member
Dec 7, 2020
267 posts
137 upvotes

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Seagate 6TB Expansion Desktop Drive External HDD - $80 (YMMV)

In store 9980 Dufferin St, Vaughan, ON L6A 4K5 and 8865 Yonge St Unit 1, Richmond Hill, ON L4C 6Z1

they are all behind the cashier area as most are with a huge basket of PS and Xbox games

i have got 1 at the Dufferin location and 1 left on the shelf and just saw it at 8865 Yonge this morning but i have already got mine.
Images
  • FB_IMG_1629858292698.jpg
Last edited by aadanixga on Aug 25th, 2021 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
The Bestbuy link is to show the product details. The deal is at Shoppers


If you're shopping around, check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best external hard drives!
69 replies
Member
Aug 27, 2015
249 posts
256 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
great find with enough details. Thanks OP
Member
Feb 29, 2016
205 posts
110 upvotes
If you don't mind Shingled Magnetic Recording, only good if you plan on using that drive to archive or as a internal backup.
Newbie
Mar 9, 2009
65 posts
79 upvotes
Ottawa
I am in a market for external UDB drive that I use for media purposes only (Plex Server) to attach to my shield TV.

Are these adequate for that purpose?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1793 posts
1698 upvotes
Anyone find these at other locations at this price ?
Member
May 19, 2015
386 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone see any in East Toronto/Scarborough?
Member
Nov 3, 2009
439 posts
231 upvotes
Winnipeg
Afro Thunder wrote: I am in a market for external UDB drive that I use for media purposes only (Plex Server) to attach to my shield TV.

Are these adequate for that purpose?
i have over a dozen shucked SMR drives in my plex server. they work great for 'read' applications such as media streaming
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 20, 2004
2653 posts
1926 upvotes
Vancouveresque
These drives have been laying around at SDM stores for quite a while at this price. There probably isn't much stock left.
Nobody cares which exploitative corporations you give your money to every month. Get that crap out of your signature.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8276 posts
8473 upvotes
paleodragon wrote: Anyone shuck them?
Yup, work great, using them as offline backup drives in a safety deposit box
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8276 posts
8473 upvotes
lykwd888 wrote: If you don't mind Shingled Magnetic Recording, only good if you plan on using that drive to archive or as a internal backup.
Nonsense.

While obviously not a good idea for high bandwidth activities like RAID arrays, these are perfectly fine for uses well beyond archiving and backup.

I use for a plex server, works perfectly fine.

Basically if your usage scenario isn't write heavy, the fact it's SMR won't matter much.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8276 posts
8473 upvotes
Afro Thunder wrote: I am in a market for external UDB drive that I use for media purposes only (Plex Server) to attach to my shield TV.

Are these adequate for that purpose?
Yup, perfect use for these
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8276 posts
8473 upvotes
grither wrote: i have over a dozen shucked SMR drives in my plex server. they work great for 'read' applications such as media streaming
Holy crap, how much media do you have stored?
Newbie
Nov 29, 2012
62 posts
23 upvotes
Mississauga
repatch wrote: Yup, work great, using them as offline backup drives in a safety deposit box
Would be great if can remote into a safety deposit box. Then just run rsync.
Sr. Member
Oct 9, 2019
733 posts
1269 upvotes
Victoria, BC
I am confused. Shoppers Drug Mart sells Best Buy's stuff?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8276 posts
8473 upvotes
zarcate wrote: Would be great if can remote into a safety deposit box. Then just run rsync.
That would negate the 'offline' status.

I prefer having one backup that is completely offline and offsite.

Obviously I have the other levels of backup (on site running, and offsite running).
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4822 posts
4836 upvotes
Richmond Hill
aadanixga wrote: In store 9980 Dufferin St, Vaughan, ON L6A 4K5 and 8865 Yonge St Unit 1, Richmond Hill, ON L4C 6Z1

they are all behind the cashier area as most are with a huge basket of PS and Xbox games

i have got 1 at the Dufferin location and 1 left on the shelf and just saw it at 8865 Yonge this morning but i have already got mine.
so 1 left at both location?
******************************************************
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
******************************************************
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 2, 2008
2602 posts
2028 upvotes
GTA
alireja wrote: I am confused. Shoppers Drug Mart sells Best Buy's stuff?
Wake up and have a cup of coffee or tea ( no volka just yet ). OP is showing what it is using the Bestbuy link as it is hard to get SDM's if it is clearance, etc.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2018
1315 posts
2010 upvotes
Centre of the Univer…
Check your optimum offer YMMV though

I will check my local SDM
Images
  • 88D87BA4-ECCA-4AF4-BE81-683BCBA2463C.jpeg
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 30, 2006
1685 posts
805 upvotes
Halton
Tcalp wrote: Anyone find these at other locations at this price ?
I've been looking in north Halton and no luck so far... definitely YMMV but I appreciate the post

Top