Shopping Discussion

Shopper's Drug Mart Senior's Day PC Mastercard Question

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2019 10:08 am
[OP]
Jun 3, 2019
3 posts

Shopper's Drug Mart Senior's Day PC Mastercard Question

Hi, I was looking through my PC app and was super excited to see a 20% off deal this Thursday at my local SDM. I was hoping to get a Switch with a game or two as well with this deal. I originally planned to ask my dad to pick this one up to take advantage of the deal, the only problem is is that I noticed that it's only applicable to PC Mastercards and he doesn't own one. And while I don't either, my mom does, but she won't be able to come with us, and also that she's not a senior. So, I'm quite confused on how to handle this; do they check who's card belongs to whom when purchasing, or am I able to use my mom's card? I was also hoping to give her the points as well since she does shop there from time to time, so I originally thought this'd be a win-win situation, but now I'm not too sure. Any insight would be much appreciated!
6 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15431 posts
12633 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Not to say it is ... or isn’t possible
But IT IS fraudulent use of a CC (card holders agreement)
For it to be used by someone else

So... if a cashier / merchant was to notice
They are within their rights to confiscate said Credit Card

PS ... as per RFD Rules posts about illegal activities are not allowed
So don’t be surprised if this thread disappears
[OP]
Jun 3, 2019
3 posts
Thanks, really appreciate the response. That's embarrassing, didn't think of the legality in that hahah; and also appreciate the heads up on the rules as well. I admittedly created an account asap to ask this question without paying enough attention for the rules. I did some reading about this to see if there was any way to circumvent this possible problem regarding its legality; so, it seems that if my dad were to be an authorized user under my mom's PC Mastercard, there would be no problem right?
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15431 posts
12633 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Aenhth wrote: Thanks, really appreciate the response. That's embarrassing, didn't think of the legality in that hahah; and also appreciate the heads up on the rules as well. I admittedly created an account asap to ask this question without paying enough attention for the rules. I did some reading about this to see if there was any way to circumvent this possible problem regarding its legality; so, it seems that if my dad were to be an authorized user under my mom's PC Mastercard, there would be no problem right?
Ya, but that usually means the CC issues a card for the secondary card holder ... in their own name
Deal Addict
May 26, 2006
1232 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
There's 20% off today at SDM (including Nintendo Switch), and no need to be a Senior or have any specific credit card. There are also bonus points offers out there netting you up to 20% back in points (almost $60 on a Switch) when combined with the 20% off. Check out the other thread here: SDM Thread
[OP]
Jun 3, 2019
3 posts
@PointsHubby That's a bummer, I was under the impression that it could just be something as simple as adding to a list without a physical card, but thanks for the notice.
Gmas wrote: There's 20% off today at SDM (including Nintendo Switch), and no need to be a Senior or have any specific credit card. There are also bonus points offers out there netting you up to 20% back in points (almost $60 on a Switch) when combined with the 20% off. Check out the other thread here: SDM Thread
You're a lifesaver! It doesn't matter so long as I show them that picture right?
Deal Addict
May 26, 2006
1232 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
Aenhth wrote: @PointsHubby That's a bummer, I was under the impression that it could just be something as simple as adding to a list without a physical card, but thanks for the notice.

You're a lifesaver! It doesn't matter so long as I show them that picture right?
Sorry, just seeing this now - hope you had good luck. Yes, all you need to do is show them the generic 20% off coupon, and then swipe your Optimum card or app to trigger the points deal. Yesterday there was one for 10K points for every $50 spent, so a Switch should have been $379.99 - 20% ($75.99) = $303.99 + tax, plus an extra 60K ($60) back in points.