Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shoppers Drug Mart

Sennheiser CX 1.00 $20.00!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2016 11:15 pm
Penalty Box
Jul 2, 2016
356 posts
143 upvotes

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Sennheiser CX 1.00 $20.00!

Hey, just picked up a pair of these buds. Seem to be $50 everywhere else or $39.99 sale at BB currently. Sound wise they are pretty good, warm sound with a nice bass. So far I'm happy with the sound/comfort, especially given that price. They actually sound better to me than my Bayerdynamic DX120 (regularly cost over $100), which I replaced due to a faulty wire after 6 months of use. Here's the receipt:
Images
  • 20161126_205057.jpg
18 replies
Penalty Box
Jul 2, 2016
356 posts
143 upvotes
The more I listen to these the more I like them. I did a side-to-side comparison with my Bayerdynamic DX120 and I think these are warmer, more bassy and even a bit clearer. SH for 20 bucks? Yes please!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
nice. i wonder if these are national or ymmv.
Penalty Box
Jul 2, 2016
356 posts
143 upvotes
Studystand wrote: Grabbed a pair, thanks OP
Same location or different? Just curious if this is SDM wide. At my shoppers the price tag was still $49.99, so at first I thought it was a pricing error.
Jan 26, 2010
496 posts
180 upvotes
LukieC wrote: Same location or different? Just curious if this is SDM wide. At my shoppers the price tag was still $49.99, so at first I thought it was a pricing error.
Same store!
May 22, 2011
21 posts
2 upvotes
Brampton
Were you able to see if they had the cx 2.00 or another pair of headphones with a mic?
Nov 8, 2012
790 posts
275 upvotes
CX 1.0 are excellent at this price. Sennheiser's 2 year warranty is excellent! If you're a dirt bag, you can buy these once, have a working pair for years to come, and get a free upgrade to the new version. (I will not comment how).
Dec 6, 2013
371 posts
331 upvotes
Montreal
Anyone see these at Pharmaprix in Montreal? Is calling the store and asking them with the sku or something an option?
this site makes me save and spend most of my $$$
Penalty Box
Jul 2, 2016
356 posts
143 upvotes
Desiloader123 wrote: Were you able to see if they had the cx 2.00 or another pair of headphones with a mic?
I don't see CX 2.0 at that location.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6913 posts
5816 upvotes
Burlington
OttRFD wrote: CX 1.0 are excellent at this price. Sennheiser's 2 year warranty is excellent! If you're a dirt bag, you can buy these once, have a working pair for years to come, and get a free upgrade to the new version. (I will not comment how).
you dirt bag
Jul 27, 2013
72 posts
60 upvotes
Studystand wrote: Same store!
Hmm.. how many did you see left? I called the store and told me they were sold out. Asked for a UPC and called other stores and it seems like no one else in the area stocks them.
Jan 25, 2011
20 posts
19 upvotes
My shoppers still tried to chrage the full price , I had to back out. I will keep watching maybe they are behind on the reduced pricing.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
1325 posts
429 upvotes
Didn't see this product on the shelves, unfortunately
+93___FalconR___________________________🫨
Penalty Box
Jul 2, 2016
356 posts
143 upvotes
FalconR wrote: Didn't see this product on the shelves, unfortunately
Yeah, when I was there, there were maybe 3 or so left. SDM stock is always so low and it sucks you can't check store stock.
Nov 8, 2016
317 posts
439 upvotes
I have the CX-II and they're great. Audio quality is very nice and there's good noise cancellation without completing muting out the outside world. I suspect the CX would be a fantastic buy at $20.
Penalty Box
Jul 2, 2016
356 posts
143 upvotes
foflowerful wrote: My shoppers still tried to chrage the full price , I had to back out. I will keep watching maybe they are behind on the reduced pricing.
Or maybe the price expired. I did buy them on Saturday so you'd think they could have kept the price on till Cyber Monday.
Penalty Box
Jul 2, 2016
356 posts
143 upvotes
barriecuda wrote: I have the CX-II and they're great. Audio quality is very nice and there's good noise cancellation without completing muting out the outside world. I suspect the CX would be a fantastic buy at $20.
Yeah, I am very happy with the CX 1. Although on a more detailed comparison they do not quite have the base and the umph/juice or whatever you want to call it of a way more pricey Beyerdynamic dx 120, they are still very good on sound accuracy/precision and the warmth of the sound. I am curious how the CX2 compare to the beyerdynamics on that front. I will also say that they fit more naturally in my ear than the beyerdynamics did, which I had to fiddle with the different ear pieces just to get the right fit and even then it wasn't quite as good as these. The fit on these is so good on me, as such they naturally block out most of the outside noise. Another thing they do better is there is much less cable noise when walking with them. And like I said, my beyerdynamic cable started to crap out after 6 months of careful use, so that when you're moving you'd get lots of static cable noise. yuck, who wants that. So my $150 beyerdynamic earbuds (bought on sale at $55) is now only good when sitting and not moving. Let's see if these last longer.