Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Shopper's Redemption Event 40%/30%/25% Back in Points, March 20 [YMMV]

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2019 8:49 am
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12089 posts
3254 upvotes
Scarberia
The best ever offer for switch was few months ago. Sone people had 40% off pts redemption minus 20% off regular price item coupon and 20x offer
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 21, 2015
9054 posts
53870 upvotes
Ontario
mikka2017 wrote: The best ever offer for switch was few months ago. Sone people had 40% off pts redemption minus 20% off regular price item coupon and 20x offer

the cheapest was the one that i posted earlier.

20x pts does not stack with redemption.
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 21, 2015
9054 posts
53870 upvotes
Ontario
Pfff 800k pts only ?

I have 2 millions 🤣 and still did not receive that offer.
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
2102 posts
1204 upvotes
Etobicoke
tdracer wrote: It kind of does. really.
We all are here for good deals. But in this scenario, OP already added YMMV,

And OP is giving heads up about this deal and did hard work to create an excel file to make it easier for so many people to figure out what's best time to buy Nintendo Switch.

So, for that reason OP deserves Thmups up and overall this is not a bad deal either.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1759 posts
2303 upvotes
Halifax
specialoffers wrote: We all are here for good deals. But in this scenario, OP already added YMMV,

And OP is giving heads up about this deal and did hard work to create an excel file to make it easier for so many people to figure out what's best time to buy Nintendo Switch.

So, for that reason OP deserves Thmups up and overall this is not a bad deal either.
I am just saying that it's red flag deals, not red flag tries hard ,or red flag spreadsheet. To say you should upvote because of hard work and not downvote if it's a bad deal is really counter to the whole system anyways. Rather than take a downvote as a personal insult or an upvote as a koodos maybe just look at it for what it is..... a gauge of how good a deal is to the majority of users on RFD. It has right in the downvote reasons "unable to get the deal".

FYI I didn't downvote and rarely do, but really it just runs counter to my thoughts on the system that It doesn't matter how good or bad this deal is, when clearly it does so I made a comment.

These shopper deals happen literally multiple times per week with their various bonuses rotating on a regular basis. This is a pretty good promo IF you get it, but it appears most didn't get it ( I got a measly 7.5k for 40 spend ).

edit: and just like people have upvoted for the spreadsheet, any user can downvote as they see fit. I think as long as its not malicious go for it. One argument that downvoting discourages people to post, I can see and partially agree, but I can also look a the other side that if people continually post mediocre, or hard to get deals that don't apply it clutters up the site and people miss out on other deals. So I think there are arguments for and against. In the end, personally I put an upvote based primarily on the value of the deal to myself and only downvote where I believe it's a self promotion or scam or just not a deal at all. But I apologize for the comment. Like I said ,I was just pointing out I thought it being a deal or not was the primary reason a person should upvote or not.
Last edited by tdracer on Mar 18th, 2019 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 21, 2015
9054 posts
53870 upvotes
Ontario
tdracer wrote: I am just saying that it's red flag deals, not red flag tries hard ,or red flag spreadsheet. To say you should upvote because of hard work and not downvote if it's a bad deal is really counter to the whole system anyways. Rather than take a downvote as a personal insult or an upvote as a koodos maybe just look at it for what it is..... a gauge of how good a deal is to the majority of users on RFD. It has right in the downvote reasons "unable to get the deal".

FYI I didn't downvote and rarely do, but really it just runs counter to my thoughts on the system that It doesn't matter how good or bad this deal is, when clearly it does so I made a comment.

These shopper deals happen literally multiple times per week with their various bonuses rotating on a regular basis. This is a pretty good promo IF you get it, but it appears most didn't get it ( I got a measly 7.5k for 40 spend ).
Yes, you are right too. I usually look at the upvote to see if it is a good deal or not.
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Administrator
User avatar
Jun 17, 2013
14154 posts
26578 upvotes
Scarborough
Nothing for me this time around. The last % back offer I had was about 3 weeks ago (which I took advantage of).

Only have a 12k back on $40+ spend offer right now.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Jr. Member
Feb 23, 2019
120 posts
The spreadsheet is just wonderful.
True RDFer.

Thanks Man
Member
Dec 15, 2009
299 posts
264 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: the cheapest was the one that i posted earlier.

20x pts does not stack with redemption.
No he's right - the 20% off stacked with the 40% redemption - I'd know because I did it.

379.99 * 0.8 * 1.13 = 343.51 - 300k points = 43.51 out of pocket + 120k points back

Net cost = 43.51 + 180k points = 223.51 (assuming 1k points = $1 like you did)
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1759 posts
2303 upvotes
Halifax
dawes wrote: No he's right - the 20% off stacked with the 40% redemption - I'd know because I did it.

379.99 * 0.8 * 1.13 = 343.51 - 300k points = 43.51 out of pocket + 120k points back

Net cost = 43.51 + 180k points = 223.51 (assuming 1k points = $1 like you did)
the poster said 40% back and 20% off AND 20x points. That has never happened and never will. What you say happened did happen once, and I doubt will happen again. I am kicking myself for not taking advantage of it. Congrats on getting that deal as it was literally available to virtually everyone (can't remember if there was a minimum points spend but probably was) but personally I wouldn't expect that to happen again, or if it does, not for a long time.
Newbie
Aug 26, 2014
78 posts
44 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
Ive been waiting for this, had 600k+ last time and didnt get the offer, so i redeemed a little hoping that it would trigger it next time, got the 40% :)
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 21, 2015
9054 posts
53870 upvotes
Ontario
dawes wrote: No he's right - the 20% off stacked with the 40% redemption - I'd know because I did it.

379.99 * 0.8 * 1.13 = 343.51 - 300k points = 43.51 out of pocket + 120k points back

Net cost = 43.51 + 180k points = 223.51 (assuming 1k points = $1 like you did)
He's saying 3 promotions together.
20x pts
40% redemption
20% off

You can't use all 3 promos together since redemption does not stack with 20x pts.
he can only use 2 out of the 3 promos.
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
18433 posts
5296 upvotes
Only got a 12,000 points for $50 spent offer. Not getting as many points from SDM as I don't pick up much stuff from there anymore. RCSS is far out of my way to shop.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)