Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Sizzling ~ Seiki Smart Speaker $19.99 Reg. $99.99 (YMMV)

[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2005
1431 posts
1003 upvotes
Canada's South Coast

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Sizzling ~ Seiki Smart Speaker $19.99 Reg. $99.99 (YMMV)

SEIKI Tough Smart Speaker Regularly: $99.99 On Clearance: $19.99 (YMMV)

The beauty of these speakers are:
  • sound and build quality is really decent
  • 3.5mm Aux-In input
  • speakers are IPX7 waterproof
  • speakers are portable (3 hour charge time with up to 10 hour playback on a charge)
  • google assistant and chromecast built-in with Bluetooth v 4.2.

I came across this deal in-store thanks to an alert from a friendly associate at a SDM in Chatham ON. They only had 1 left but I ended up finding 1 more at another SDM in our area. I haven't tried the stereo pairing yet but did set one speaker up. I was very impressed with the build quality and I would have to say the sound is comparable to a Google Home. It does have bass/treble controls in the app so sound can be adjusted somewhat. It was super easy to set-up...probably the easiest one yet.

This is the only link I can find to the product information: https://www.seiki.com/googletoughspeaker
along with the PDF product manual: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... 082019.pdf

Seiki Tough Smart Speaker UPC: 855180007819

StockTrack Inventory Checker: https://stocktrack.ca/?s=sdm&upc=855180007819 (as always.....much thanks to the Amazing Seafish!)

EDIT: Most SDM sell the black color unit. Also, this smart speaker appears to have all the google assist features such as calling etc. Also of note, like the JBL Link 10 smart speaker, this Seiki speaker only comes with a micro usb charging cable.

I believe this was posted some time ago on RFD but it was moved to expired deals as no stock was remaining.

However, per Stocktrack, there appear to be many SDM locations across Canada with stock and they should all scan at the clearance price. You may have to ask them to check in the back lock up area if you don't see any out in the store displays. I would recommend having the UPC number handy to make it easier for them to search inventory. Remember, it's best not to talk about either RFD or the Stocktrack tool to the store associates, just politely ask them to check the lock up area in the store if Stocktrack does show the location having inventory.

Of note, Seiki is a brand name that has been around for some time. We purchased 2 - Seiki 24" LED TVs about 10 years ago and at that time they were cutting edge for LED TV's, they were super thin, 1080p resolution and have a solid build including touch sensitive light-up controls on the bottom frame of the TV along with a remote with lots of options. These Seiki TVs have one of the best channel guides I have ever seen. They even have an elegant solid glass bottom stand. For the size, they also have decent stereo sound. We use them regularly and they are still working flawlessly so the Seiki name doesn't concern me. In fact, I'm very impressed by their quality. These Seiki smart speakers appear to be no different. Great quality and sound for the value....especially if you can find one for $19.99

Happy Hunting!! Winking Face
Last edited by montward on Feb 14th, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.
490 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9642 posts
2416 upvotes
Scarberia
nice! tempting to drive out but too damn cold! is it just red color, im not fan of red..want a black one better

even better if u got this offer...20,000 pts
When you spend $60 or more on almost anything in-store
Limit: 1
*SIG: Ryzen??? R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @39.99$
Penalty Box
Aug 25, 2019
252 posts
307 upvotes
Thanks That inventory check program BLOWS MY FRIGGIN MIND!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU YOUNGSTERS JUST DON'T HAVE ANY APPRECIATION OF HOW GOOD YOU HAVE IT THESE DAYS Face Screaming In Fear
These fragile bodies of touch and taste
This vibrant skin, this hair like lace
Spirits open to the thrust of grace
Never a breath you can afford to waste B.C.
Penalty Box
Aug 25, 2019
252 posts
307 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: nice! tempting to drive out but too damn cold! is it just red color, im not fan of red..want a black one better

Mine was 5K points per $20 which is even better for us resellers Smiling Face With Sunglasses Cleaning out the inventory..
These fragile bodies of touch and taste
This vibrant skin, this hair like lace
Spirits open to the thrust of grace
Never a breath you can afford to waste B.C.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2005
1431 posts
1003 upvotes
Canada's South Coast
mikka2017 wrote: nice! tempting to drive out but too damn cold! is it just red color, im not fan of red..want a black one better

Nice points offer indeed.... Smiling Face With Sunglasses The two units I got were black. I think most SDM carried the black color in this speaker
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2492 posts
1714 upvotes
Kitchener
SCOPster wrote: Mine was 5K points per $20 which is even better for us resellers Smiling Face With Sunglasses Cleaning out the inventory..
Wow... thanks...
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 28GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9642 posts
2416 upvotes
Scarberia
god damn, i only got the ugly aqua ones lol..they have 4 colors but i got the last 2 in ugly colors! o well, can't beat 10$ bucks i guess with google voice..hopefully it pairs in stereo for good sound, might even try to use them for computer speakers but BT might lag the voice
delay it

holy cow, now i know why its cheap! thing is fu**ing huge and heavy! its like the size of the rogers white modem lol, defo not good if like to carry it outside alot and move it around, if its stationary in stereo mode i guess its ok

ah this is like a google home + portable BT speaker! not bad dual purpose
20200208_151147.jpg
Images
  • 20200208_144312.jpg
Last edited by mikka2017 on Feb 8th, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*SIG: Ryzen??? R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @39.99$
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1282 posts
1078 upvotes
Sigh

Really don’t need this but it’s in stock locally and bc rfd told me to buy it.

Might be ok for Christmas gofts
Wallet safe :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
4862 posts
1268 upvotes
Vancouver
picked up two and got 20x pts for $40 spent. got about 11k in points back
Mar 17, 2018
737 posts
985 upvotes
There are so many "That's what she said" jokes to be made here but I'll be good today! :-)

Sadly none here in Manitoba. Good find though. Thanks for sharing.
UPDATED: I had it set to Manitoba in general and not to Winnipeg. Found some. But like others here... too cold out and too lazy to go get one. LOL
Last edited by KenAdams on Feb 8th, 2020 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, I'd like to price match RedFlagDeals please - Ken Adams

$45 4GB Unlimited Talk/Text Canada Rogers
$23.99 1GB Unlimited Talk/Text Canada Public Mobile
$0.00 a month (FREE using Google Opinion Rewards) Unlimited Talk/Text Fongo Mobile App
Nov 6, 2013
612 posts
368 upvotes
KenAdams wrote: There are so many "That's what she said" jokes to be made here but I'll be good today! :-)

Sadly none here in Manitoba. Good find though. Thanks for sharing.
You sure? I just clicked the stock tracker link from the OP and I'm seeing 8 stores with 1-6 in stock.
Mar 17, 2018
737 posts
985 upvotes
primetimey wrote: You sure? I just clicked the stock tracker link from the OP and I'm seeing 8 stores with 1-6 in stock.
Wow, you sir are correct. I had it set to Manitoba in general as I was searching for that Keurig that was on sale at Staples a few weeks ago... Thanks for letting me know! Upvote for helping a brother out!!

$0.00 a month (FREE using Google Opinion Rewards) Unlimited Talk/Text Fongo Mobile App
Mar 17, 2018
737 posts
985 upvotes
Can anyone comment on the sound quality? How's the bass mids and highs? Loud enough to use in the shower?

Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9642 posts
2416 upvotes
Scarberia
KenAdams wrote: Can anyone comment on the sound quality? How's the bass mids and highs? Loud enough to use in the shower?
for 20bucks u not gonna get the best BT sound like those 100$ plus ones, its good enough but im no audio phile! u can up the bass and treble using the google home app, but i guess u can also change the settings on ur music app as well YMMV
if u root ur phone best app is viper4android
May 29, 2015
139 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto, ON
There's still 6 in stock at the Toronto eglintom square location as of now... Good luck all and thanks OP.

please don't hoard this for resell..
Images
  • 15811947639178291623910639435317.jpg