Super Sale (August 28-29)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2021 8:11 pm
117 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1891 posts
3539 upvotes
Man, I wish Shoppers or PC carried the Apple Watches. I've got so many points I could use to cash in. LOL
$52 25GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Telus EPP Plan - Includes Apple Watch LTE @ NO CHARGE!
BYE BYE ROGERS!
$21.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
Fongo. Free CAD Calling.
Mar 10, 2010
283 posts
791 upvotes
Calgary
KenAdams wrote: Man, I wish Shoppers or PC carried the Apple Watches. I've got so many points I could use to cash in. LOL
This! Or iPads.
Jan 9, 2013
141 posts
351 upvotes
White City
Hoping they have a 20x points or point redemption offers in the app next weekend.

I just purchased the Fire 7 for $40 but would upgrade at the Fire 8 HD for $74.99 combined with those offers.
Jul 4, 2020
148 posts
127 upvotes
Is that 40" TV with the $50 gift card an OK deal? Especially if we can redeem extra points or gain extra points that weekend? Just going to be a secondary TV I put in my bedroom.
Dec 17, 2018
422 posts
1314 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Since when they started to sell pressure washers, I’ve never seen them in store.
May 31, 2005
977 posts
595 upvotes
KenAdams wrote: Man, I wish Shoppers or PC carried the Apple Watches. I've got so many points I could use to cash in. LOL
My conspiracy theory is that they only sell high margin stuff at inflated prices so that people
with lots of points blow it at SDM rather than
Superstore where pretty much everything is
low margin (ie food).

Ie. the laptops at SDM are usually overpriced AF
And a generation old. But it’s “free”. Also, they only offer Apple audio stuff and cables, which I assume is high margin (or usually is in the non apple world).

I’m also on my second red bull so this could be all nonsense.

Edit. Don’t drink red bull

Edit edit : in other words, unless it’s a screaming
deal at SDM, buy your groceries with points
And use the money you saved to buy your tech
Last edited by setTopbox on Aug 21st, 2021 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mar 9, 2009
587 posts
453 upvotes
Thanks OP.

It would be a great deal for the Switch games with 20x or bonus redemption event.
Dec 20, 2010
61 posts
58 upvotes
toronto
Has anyone seen the Cubii elliptical in stores in the GTA?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1826 posts
6150 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Air Pods Pro would be a great deal if you have a 20x offer.
Jun 6, 2013
806 posts
1130 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kyoxxx wrote: Since when they started to sell pressure washers, I’ve never seen them in store.
It’s so weird they advertise things in the flyers that I’ve never seen at any Shoppers. Like last week there was a Sonos One but I have never actually seen one in a store before.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
2797 posts
2931 upvotes
Surrey
brung wrote: This! Or iPads.
Or M1 MacBooks. Even at full price those are well worth redeeming for.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
2797 posts
2931 upvotes
Surrey
GimmeDatDeal wrote: Is that 40" TV with the $50 gift card an OK deal? Especially if we can redeem extra points or gain extra points that weekend? Just going to be a secondary TV I put in my bedroom.
Here’s my motto for electronics:
If it’s an RCA, stay away.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2140 posts
600 upvotes
Scarborough
JuniorMint wrote: It’s so weird they advertise things in the flyers that I’ve never seen at any Shoppers. Like last week there was a Sonos One but I have never actually seen one in a store before.
I saw one at shops at don mills location. A Sonos one that is.
Jan 25, 2013
160 posts
223 upvotes
JuniorMint wrote: It’s so weird they advertise things in the flyers that I’ve never seen at any Shoppers. Like last week there was a Sonos One but I have never actually seen one in a store before.
I asked an employee about this once. They told me that they often have the electronics in the back room and don’t pull them out until the flyer shows that item. I was looking for a laptop and they came back out with four different models that weren’t even on the floor of the store.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1511 posts
960 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
For the past 2 years, i only bought a switch and ps5 with points. They need a new inventory. Ipads pro would be great!
Dec 10, 2020
27 posts
17 upvotes
Small question: How many points do you get per dollar spent? Online, it says that it is roughly 15 points per dollar spent, is that accurate?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
2143 posts
2062 upvotes
Toto1399 wrote: Small question: How many points do you get per dollar spent? Online, it says that it is roughly 15 points per dollar spent, is that accurate?
Yes, it is 15 pco points per $1.00
If you made a transaction of $1.99, you only gets 15 points in total.
There are bonuses events like 20x on purchases over $50, $75 or a given bonus points for a given amount eg 6000 point for $60 or over on one transaction.
These bonuses help you to earn more PCO points faster by stacking with extra points that PCO app gives out weekly.
Note that if you returns an item eg $1.99, you will find a surprise that your points deducted will be greater than 15 pts.
Life is full of twists.
Stay flexible.
May 16, 2015
243 posts
195 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Too bad Firetv Stick 4k is not on sale.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)