Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Surface Go 4GB/64GB bundle with type cover - $650.89 + 20x Optimum Points ($194 value) (QC, YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2019 1:57 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1393 posts
842 upvotes
Lac St-Jean

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Surface Go 4GB/64GB bundle with type cover - $650.89 + 20x Optimum Points ($194 value) (QC, YMMV)

This saturday, you can get a Surface Go with 4gb of ram and 64gb of disk space for 564$ after taxes if you valued optimum points as a cash equivalent. You will pay 650 + taxes and receive 195000 optimum points so 195$. Keyboard is included. Costco sale the same model with a better 128gb SSD for 670+ taxes. As usual, good luck finding a Surface Go in your local SDM.
Last edited by RougeJeff on May 9th, 2019 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
48 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2009
1210 posts
294 upvotes
The Costco one has been on clearance for $498 but not sure how many are left. It’s a good tablet if you don’t expect too much of it. I use for work travel and meetings.
Dec 16, 2012
377 posts
381 upvotes
Calgary
64 gb is very small if you are planning on installing more than a couple of softwares. Combined with 4gb of ram in an age where your smartphone has 6 if not more, you will feel the drag. Better buying an used surface pro 4 with more ram and storage.
😁
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1393 posts
842 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
globalize9 wrote: 64 gb is very small if you are planning on installing more than a couple of softwares. Combined with 4gb of ram in an age where your smartphone has 6 if not more, you will feel the drag. Better buying an used surface pro 4 with more ram and storage.
For sure, 4gb of ram is not for power users but for general public, it should be okay. Its far for unbearable, its just slower.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2011
1062 posts
1286 upvotes
4G RAM is not the problem. 64GB eMMC is.
Go get Costco one if you want a useable device.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1393 posts
842 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
BlackXstar wrote: 4G RAM is not the problem. 64GB eMMC is.
Go get Costco one if you want a useable device.
By saying that the surface go with a emmc drive is not a usable device, you are clearly exagerating. Its 3 times faster that the Surface 3, a computer that many people still use. Costco sell a better device (with a ssd) for 759$ with taxes. This one is 200$ less. I think that somebody with normal needs, lets say a chrome running with 15 tabs and a netflix app in the background wont notice any improvement. But anyone who need either a lot of memory for multitasking or a fast drive for encoding or files transfert or coding should look elsewhere.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
4837 posts
164 upvotes
GTA
JFRACINE wrote: By saying that the surface go with a emmc drive is not a usable device, you are clearly exagerating. Its 3 times faster that the Surface 3, a computer that many people still use. Costco sell a better device (with a ssd) for 759$ with taxes. This one is 200$ less. I think that somebody with normal needs, lets say a chrome running with 15 tabs and a netflix app in the background wont notice any improvement. But anyone who need either a lot of memory for multitasking or a fast drive for encoding or files transfert or coding should look elsewhere.
Agreed!

I'm still using a Dell Venue 8 Pro. That thing has 32GB of eMMC and 2GB of RAM. I'm obviously not running Crysis or doing 4K video processing, but I still use it almost daily. Runs Windows 10 like a champ. For a basic machine, it's still more than usable!
Rock it.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2009
1210 posts
294 upvotes
JFRACINE wrote: By saying that the surface go with a emmc drive is not a usable device, you are clearly exagerating. Its 3 times faster that the Surface 3, a computer that many people still use. Costco sell a better device (with a ssd) for 759$ with taxes. This one is 200$ less. I think that somebody with normal needs, lets say a chrome running with 15 tabs and a netflix app in the background wont notice any improvement. But anyone who need either a lot of memory for multitasking or a fast drive for encoding or files transfert or coding should look elsewhere.
I have the Surface 3, and recently bought the Costco Go. In comparison, I was almost ready to return the Go. It is not significantly faster, and I like the larger screen and keyboard of the 3. However, the 3 could barely run Office 365, which I mainly use it for, and its wifi could be spotty. But for surfing and watching movies, I love the 3. I also don't have any usb-c devices, so it's a drag using the adapter to for my mouse and file transfers. By the time usb-c is common, the Go will be obsolete.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2011
1062 posts
1286 upvotes
Costco one is $499 with 4G+128G.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5040 posts
2137 upvotes
Ancaster
globalize9 wrote: 64 gb is very small if you are planning on installing more than a couple of softwares. Combined with 4gb of ram in an age where your smartphone has 6 if not more, you will feel the drag. Better buying an used surface pro 4 with more ram and storage.
I was going to say. Not a bad price, but why spend $600+ on this when you can buy a gently used Surface Pro 3 for $300?
Jul 27, 2017
170 posts
193 upvotes
BlackXstar wrote: Costco one is $499 with 4G+128G.
unshavenyak wrote: I was going to say. Not a bad price, but why spend $600+ on this when you can buy a gently used Surface Pro 3 for $300?
The Go is way more portable, better pen support than the 3, USB C can be used for charging and peripherals...

Basically if you are into mini-laptops / netbook-ish form factor the Go is great. It's a computer first, tablet second (distant second).

The Costco deal is better bang for the buck, the 128gb is a SSD and actually makes a huge difference speed-wise. 4gb RAM is OK if you don't expect the machine to do any heavy lifting, obviously the more RAM the better.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
This would probably be a good little linux machine, windows 10 with these specs just seems silly.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
chdude3 wrote: Agreed!

I'm still using a Dell Venue 8 Pro. That thing has 32GB of eMMC and 2GB of RAM. I'm obviously not running Crysis or doing 4K video processing, but I still use it almost daily. Runs Windows 10 like a champ. For a basic machine, it's still more than usable!
Im not sure what you use it for, but I have used that device and couldnt stand even browsing simple websites. But if you are happy with it, good for you! Personally for me, windows 10 on this sort of hardware is a joke since its more suited to the no longer supported windows xp (spec wise) or even a light linux distro.
Last edited by KevinC268 on May 9th, 2019 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1561 posts
272 upvotes
BlackXstar wrote: Costco one is $499 with 4G+128G.
Haven't seen any stock in a number of Costco's I've been to around the GTA
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
bobor wrote: Haven't seen any stock in a number of Costco's I've been to around the GTA
I fully expect even better prices for this device, unless they never made that many.
May 23, 2008
680 posts
220 upvotes
Toronto
I bought the Costco 4/128 version. I also have a Surface Pro 5. I love the portability of the Go- enough in fact that I returned it to Costco and decided to spring for the 8/128 with LTE. ( with a bonus Alcantara keyboard included at MS Store). It does everything more than adequately. Biggest drawback is battery life - real world I get maybe 4 - 5 hours running Win 10 home.
May 23, 2008
680 posts
220 upvotes
Toronto
KevinC268 wrote: I fully expect even better prices for this device, unless they never made that many.
Actually it's one of the best selling Surface devices ever.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
Avignon wrote: Actually it's one of the best selling Surface devices ever.
What does that mean exactly? It sounds like pr spin when a company doesnt want to give the sales numbers.
Oct 16, 2007
25 posts
28 upvotes
London
I have yet to see a Surface Go in Costco; let alone on sale. Where are you folks finding these?