Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Technicolor TC5580-UHD 55" 4K Television, $350

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2018 5:16 am
Apr 8, 2015
992 posts
983 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
I went there, found one then asked myself why do i have more TVs then people in my house and retreated back :(
Dec 27, 2007
20647 posts
11894 upvotes
Kitchener
Quentin5 wrote: When i googled this panel the only result was this thread
http://www.panelook.com/HV550QUB-H11_BO ... 33359.html
Dec 27, 2007
20647 posts
11894 upvotes
Kitchener
tikka300 wrote: Can't seem to find the service menu. Pressing the menu button gives me setup. lock. channel, picture, sound and time options. Not relating to the 1,4,4,7.
Thanks for the reply.
v v v
aasoror wrote: How to access service menu (MENU->1147)
With the TV on, press "menu" (then release), that should bring up the menu screen.
press "1" (then release) nothing happens
press "1" (then release) nothing happens
press "4" (then release) nothing happens
press "7" (then release) Service menu gets overlaid on top of whatever running on your TV.
** other variations reported to work: MENU->8893, MENU->0000 and SOURCE->2580
Dec 17, 2007
80 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Why is it only 85$?

surrealillusion wrote: Bit the bullet, picked one up this morning at a local SDM (Kanata on Hazeldean Rd). Two on display and more in the back. Service menu shows this model as using a BOE H550QUB-H11 panel. 4K YouTube looks decent, albeit I’m testing this on my old gtx970 which only goes 30fps.

If anyone has other tests they’d like me to perform I’ll have some free time this weekend to do so. At $85 in taxes and fees a “free” TV for the office/bedroom ain’t bad at all.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7641 posts
1710 upvotes
Mont-Royal
jjWhitby wrote: Picked this up at midnight. Out of the box, pic mode set to "power saving". Maybe that's why some reporting yellow tint? Anyhow, I set to dynamic, hooked up my Nvidia Shield and rogers 4k tv box. Looks great! Can't wait to see how the leafs game looks tonight. Also, this replaced a LG tv I had, and the LG remote worked with it. Maybe manufactured by LG?
So I live in Montreal, and I heard it was a special game. I am not a habs fan, but I don't know if you prefer how the leafs play, or the TV.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3565 posts
2154 upvotes
Vancouver
aasoror wrote: Then I would stay away, there is a fairly good chance an exchange will be needed (sometimes more than once) to get a good set.
Good luck

BTW, unless you are stacking a 20x offer on top of the $350 you might want to consider the Haier for $450 at Costco, the $100 extra gives you 90 days refund/exchange, cheap warranty ($30 for 5 years) and Chromecast receiver.
I actually recommend hisense one (roku) that has been 499.99 a few times. I have the 65” model and it have been pretty good for 3 months (almost). Reviews by those who posted in the various hisense thread seems to be satisfied with it and of course its only $50 more (when on sale, which has been often) with all the perks you mentioned.

Only two reasons to consider this...

1) Stack a 15x, 20x, etc coupon on top of price
2) Redeem points tho due to the fact you can now redeem at RCSS/Loblaws/city market (west), it shouldnt be too hard to find other/better deals to redeem on

Unless you are buying a gaming console or headphones, you really should avoid electronics at sdm. Returns and exchanges are highly YMMV and generally just a pain. With headphones, they arent likely to be DoA and since quite a few places stop accepting returns on them, sdm is fine. With gaming consoles, all 3 companies are great with warranty that its generally a non issue (and DoA rates are small).
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
1748 posts
1857 upvotes
Don’t need this but I do have a 20x coupon in my app that will expire..
Sigh
My local store has stock too
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
16879 posts
6083 upvotes
gamer602 wrote: Don’t need this but I do have a 20x coupon in my app that will expire..
Sigh
My local store has stock too
You can buy and gift it to an RFDer, i'm happy to volunteer as a recipient Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6698 posts
2099 upvotes
Mississauga
superxxxstud wrote: I went there, found one then asked myself why do i have more TVs then people in my house and retreated back :(
I'm willing to move in your house to help your balance out the ratio if that helps.
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Mar 26, 2007
17 posts
8 upvotes
I have the RCA version that was on sale at black Friday at RCSS. For the price is pretty good. Most things looks great but beware yellows look strange on the tv. Movies like Minions or Simpsons look a bit off. My kids don't mind so not that big of a deal.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
1426 posts
292 upvotes
Ottawa
Here's the info on the TV I picked up so we can track this to see if there are specific batches that don't appear to have the olive green tinting

Build date: 2017-11-18 10:49:32
Board: BD_CVT_PC757
Panel: HV550QUB-H11
SN: A171222964xxxxxxx
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
1426 posts
292 upvotes
Ottawa
mr jbb wrote: Why is it only 85$?
When they scanned my PC Optimum card it registered a max redemption of $340 for some reason.
Dec 27, 2007
20647 posts
11894 upvotes
Kitchener
surrealillusion wrote: Here's the info on the TV I picked up so we can track this to see if there are specific batches that don't appear to have the olive green tinting

Build date: 2017-11-18 10:49:32
Board: BD_CVT_PC757
Panel: HV550QUB-H11
SN: A171222964xxxxxxx
Dec 17, as you confirmed your set is affected people should stay away from that batch.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
1426 posts
292 upvotes
Ottawa
aasoror wrote: Dec 17, as you confirmed your set is affected people should stay away from that batch.
Here is a sample image taken with my phone. Comparison of yellows between an uncalibrated 2012 MBP and a tweaked TC5580-UHD for comparison.
A81A02CF-A56A-4C60-B27F-F182AAB531AC.jpeg
Dec 27, 2007
20647 posts
11894 upvotes
Kitchener
inquiztr wrote: I have the RCA version that was on sale at black Friday at RCSS. For the price is pretty good. Most things looks great but beware yellows look strange on the tv. Movies like Minions or Simpsons look a bit off. My kids don't mind so not that big of a deal.
Yellows shouldn't look strange on the TV, sets with the tint issue are defective. It very well documented and has been going on for couple of years (specifically with the BOE IPS sets), apparently most think its not that big of a deal that Curtis/Haier never bothered to reach back to their supplier for a fix.