Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shoppers Drug Mart

TODAY ONLY 50,000 PC Optimum points with $150 online purchase (excl. electronics)

[OP]
Jun 25, 2021
34 posts
18 upvotes

[Shoppers Drug Mart] TODAY ONLY 50,000 PC Optimum points with $150 online purchase (excl. electronics)

Full deal details from the site:

Earn 50,000 points on $150 now. Only when you shop online. Get your $50 value PC Optimum™ bonus points at checkout. Offer excludes electronics.*

Offer expires on January 25 2023 at 11:59pm ET. Certain restrictions apply. This offer cannot be combined with department or total store offers. Customers will automatically receive the best of the available offers should they qualify. Offer can only be redeemed at shop.shoppersdrugmart.ca (Limit 1) Online only. Qualifier valid after all coupons and discounts are deducted and before taxes in a single transaction (excludes purchase of delivery charges, all non-participating 3rd party operations and any other products which are provincially regulated (including pharmacy-related transactions) or as we determine from time to time) to earn the points indicated. Product availability may vary. We are not obligated to award points based on errors or misprints. No cash value. Minimum redemption 10,000 points. See terms & conditions for redemption restrictions.
25 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
3393 posts
5566 upvotes
Calgary
Cucumference wrote: > (excl. electronics)

Are they wising up?
If SDM starts excluding electronics and video games from bonus offers and redemption, I imagine there will be a lot of people that won't shop there anymore. The only reason why I buy at SDM is for Nintendo products that rarely ever go on sale, if ever. If I'm going to pay full price, might as well get some PCO points out of it.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1962 posts
2505 upvotes
ZipSpeed wrote: If SDM starts excluding electronics and video games from bonus offers and redemption, I imagine there will be a lot of people that won't shop there anymore. The only reason why I buy at SDM is for Nintendo products that rarely ever go on sale, if ever. If I'm going to pay full price, might as well get some PCO points out of it.
I see them doing this from now on. Cause we all know their electronic margins are not really enough to cover sales like this. Surprised it took them this long, even.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
6899 posts
1139 upvotes
Ottawa
They kind of killed the deal that we used to get online for Nintendo Switch and some other Apple, Dyson stuff with this promotion with “excluding electronics”
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
7529 posts
8284 upvotes
Vancouver
rivet wrote: They kind of killed the deal that we used to get online for Nintendo Switch and some other Apple, Dyson stuff with this promotion with “excluding electronics”
50k bonus points on a Switch, etc. is not a great deal anyways. Last week there was a 20x offer which did work online and you could use for electronics. That would give you over 100k bonus points on a Switch.. much better.

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1529 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
50K for $150 is similar to 20X event.
Simple is the best.
Dec 8, 2016
115 posts
146 upvotes
I've got a code for $40 off $150. valid today only, cannot stack with PCO offer. PM if interested
Nov 22, 2017
246 posts
270 upvotes
Victoria, BC
I wonder what I can buy there at reasonable prices that isn't electronics? When dropping of mail at their built-in post office at my local SDM, I take a peek at their grocery stuff and even on sale it is 30-40% more at times than a normal grab&go price at the Walmart just around the corner.
Mobile: $18.13/month BYOD - 12GB Data, 1000 LD Min. (Koodo)
$50 plan + $23 phone - $4.16 trade-in credit - $33.33 phone resell - $5.51 plan credit - $11.87 VISA GCs = $18.13/month!
Internet: $82.90 - 750/100 Mbps (Lightspeed)
Spotify: $20 USD/year
Nov 26, 2020
3 posts
I've been eyeing a rather pricey cologne that I couldn't stomach paying for earlier, but now with just over $50 in points, I finally picked it up.
Sep 15, 2019
549 posts
1408 upvotes
orleans
ZipSpeed wrote: If SDM starts excluding electronics and video games from bonus offers and redemption, I imagine there will be a lot of people that won't shop there anymore. The only reason why I buy at SDM is for Nintendo products that rarely ever go on sale, if ever. If I'm going to pay full price, might as well get some PCO points out of it.
The program has been wayyyyyyy too good of a deal for many years. If they have changed it, I am amazed it took them this long to do it.

It's pretty absurd that something like the Switch OLED comes out. It sells for $450 and never goes on sale. Through buying it at Shoppers on the right day of the week, you get back 135k in points, which is essentially a $135-$202.50 rebate. ($202.50 is used as part of a 200k for $300 redemption).
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
6899 posts
1139 upvotes
Ottawa
newfbc wrote: 50k bonus points on a Switch, etc. is not a great deal anyways. Last week there was a 20x offer which did work online and you could use for electronics. That would give you over 100k bonus points on a Switch.. much better.

Ron.
No, I mean usually this offer can be combined with bonus redemption day for maximum discount before they put excluding electronics
Dec 5, 2021
31 posts
35 upvotes
Trying to checkout with a $150 order (just perfume and beauty items). The checkout page doesn't show the 50,000 bonus points (just the points for the purchase). Is that normal?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
7576 posts
3839 upvotes
SDM reg prices are so expensive, that even when I see stuff on sale, sometimes their sale price is still more expensive than other stores reg price. Aside from a few staples like milk, electronics is the only thing worth buying once you factor in the absurd promos like 20x the point, bonus redemption, etc. I actually do not even value their points as more than $10 for 10,000 pts, unlike other people on here. I understand we get bonus redemption but unless you're using the bonus redemption on high end electronics, their reg stuff is so insanely overpriced, & I'm usually someone who shops at Loblaws (already expensive). I actually have a very difficult time using the points during bonus redemption, because I find most of their stuff so overpriced