[Shoppers Drug Mart] Today only - SDM 20,000 points when spending $60

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2019 3:04 am
Dec 16, 2017
21 posts
5 upvotes
naticom wrote:
May 21st, 2019 12:00 pm
can you collect points if paying with points at Shoppers?
No. You actually have to spend money to get points for this promotion. There are usually spend your points events where you can get some points back for using your points.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
1175 posts
678 upvotes
minttea wrote:
May 21st, 2019 11:38 am
Yup you should. Basically you can have ONE "spend $X total get +bonus/20x" and as many "buy product or spend X on product, get Y points"

But if you're spending $100 on Lancome, you should wait for a 20x spend..... ie 20x would get you 100*15*20=30k points
Tried it in store, did not stack, only got the 20K pts for the offer in the thread. No other extra pts whatsover, ending up returning items.
Oct 18, 2015
97 posts
36 upvotes
Calgary
I have a "10k PC Optimum points when you spend $40 or more" paper coupon valid anytime this week (they were handing them out last week).

I also have a "10k PC Optimum points when you spend $50 or more" digital coupon in the app (valid today only).

I also have a "20k PC Optimum points when you spend $60 or more" coupon received by text (valid today only).

I also have a "20x the points when you spend $50 or more" digital coupon (valid tomorrow only).

-- Then there's the Bonus Redemption event next weekend. --

How much do they think any sane person can buy at SDM in a single week? Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Dec 8, 2011
876 posts
784 upvotes
Toronto
King31 wrote:
May 21st, 2019 11:47 am
I have a BOGO offer for sunscreen in the app, it says limit one but then has a circle that says multi inside it on the offer. Does this mean I can only use the offer once but if I buy 10 sun screens all in the same transaction 5 of them will be free?
Limit 1 - so you can only buy 2

It also says regular price but it works on sale stuff

It does not exclude Prestige but it does not work on prestige
Sep 30, 2015
438 posts
451 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Catalina26 wrote:
May 21st, 2019 1:09 pm
Limit 1 - so you can only buy 2

It also says regular price but it works on sale stuff

It does not exclude Prestige but it does not work on prestige
What's the multi logo on it then? Not saying you're wrong I was just confused by it.
Dec 8, 2011
876 posts
784 upvotes
Toronto
King31 wrote:
May 21st, 2019 1:12 pm
What's the multi logo on it then? Not saying you're wrong I was just confused by it.
I noticed that too on other offers as well. I tried it with the Aveeno / Neutrogena deal a couple of Tuesdays ago and it did not work on multiples.
Jun 19, 2016
49 posts
32 upvotes
Leask
I have 20X today hopefully it will stack Person With Folded Hands
Dec 8, 2011
876 posts
784 upvotes
Toronto
patsy27 wrote:
May 21st, 2019 1:35 pm
I have 20X today hopefully it will stack Person With Folded Hands
It won't stack, but it does not hurt to dream.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6728 posts
2500 upvotes
Calgary
SamuelK wrote:
May 21st, 2019 12:53 pm
I have a "10k PC Optimum points when you spend $40 or more" paper coupon valid anytime this week (they were handing them out last week).

I also have a "10k PC Optimum points when you spend $50 or more" digital coupon in the app (valid today only).

I also have a "20k PC Optimum points when you spend $60 or more" coupon received by text (valid today only).

I also have a "20x the points when you spend $50 or more" digital coupon (valid tomorrow only).

-- Then there's the Bonus Redemption event next weekend. --

How much do they think any sane person can buy at SDM in a single week? Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Yea, I spent $50 to get the 20x the pts over the weekend. Then I have 10,000 pts for every $30 spent (tomorrow) and this 20,000 for $60 text offer for today. They obviously want me to shop there every day.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
2217 posts
580 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Thanks OP, my natural order came to $57.20 so I grabbed some mouth wash that was on sale in the nearest aisle. Great deal!

As a side note, it seems when companies give this many deals and bonus redemption weekends that something is wrong behind closed doors but doesn't Loblaws post massive profits each year? Like almost billion dollars per year net? They've definitely got my loyalty... I love PC products and their bonuses are amazing. The Metro down the street has less choice at higher prices and usually lesser quality for produce/meats/etc. My friend used to go there just because it was closer but then I brought him with me to Loblaws and he said never again and made the switch immediately. It's only like 5 mins more walking so it's well worth the time. God, I'm sounding like such a PC fan boy /rant
Dec 8, 2011
876 posts
784 upvotes
Toronto
smackioio wrote:
May 21st, 2019 12:36 pm
Tried it in store, did not stack, only got the 20K pts for the offer in the thread. No other extra pts whatsover, ending up returning items.
I used the text offer and a store offer, “buy 2 biotherm products, receive 20,000 points” . I think it’s all in the wording. But then again I know 20x wus x and 20,000 wus x on products do stack.

With SDM you never know until you try and then again it might work today and tomorrow might not.
Feb 27, 2011
218 posts
344 upvotes
djdestroyer wrote:
May 21st, 2019 2:37 pm
Thanks OP, my natural order came to $57.20 so I grabbed some mouth wash that was on sale in the nearest aisle. Great deal!

As a side note, it seems when companies give this many deals and bonus redemption weekends that something is wrong behind closed doors but doesn't Loblaws post massive profits each year? Like almost billion dollars per year net? They've definitely got my loyalty... I love PC products and their bonuses are amazing. The Metro down the street has less choice at higher prices and usually lesser quality for produce/meats/etc. My friend used to go there just because it was closer but then I brought him with me to Loblaws and he said never again and made the switch immediately. It's only like 5 mins more walking so it's well worth the time. God, I'm sounding like such a PC fan boy /rant
There's a reason a lot of corporations have their own loyalty systems nowadays. With a points system, not only are your future purchases locked in with Shoppers, but they also gather a tonne of data about your purchasing behaviour and buying habits.