• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2018 10:51 am
[OP]
Jan 18, 2007
673 posts
306 upvotes
Edmonton

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Wi-Fi HD Camera, Tend Insight Minion Flexi-Cam

For $49 Shopper's Drug Mart has a Wi-Fi HD Camera, the Tend Insight Despicable Me Minion Flexi-Cam for sale. It is currently $65 at Amazon. It functions similar to the Ring Wi-Fi door bell, in that you use an app to to access the video. It comes with free 24 hour downloadable cloud storage, and can be set to record on a range of motion levels. You can set the app to notify you if it detects motion, though you obviously want to shut that off when people are at home, as your phone would go nuts. It allows two way communication in a similar manner to the Ring, so you can communicate with a family member at home, or scare the feces out of a thief or a baby sitter :) It comes with a USB power adapter, but its only 0.3 amp, so you could likely run this off of a USB battery pack for a while if you didn't have a plugin in a particular spot. The video is 720p, seems good quality, and even has a night mode, though its a smidge more obvious when its on, as you can see four LEDs glowing dull red for the night mode. Nice, innocuous looking camera for basic security at a good price.

Ustauk,
Edmonton, Alberta
2 replies
Mar 5, 2005
519 posts
313 upvotes
can you use blue iris or contacam for local recording or does it have to be through the cloud?
[OP]
Jan 18, 2007
673 posts
306 upvotes
Edmonton
fortunat wrote: can you use blue iris or contacam for local recording or does it have to be through the cloud?
I'm not sure. I don't see the camera as a device on the network, but you set it up using Bluetooth, so you may be able to use that to get access.
Ustauk,
Edmonton, Alberta