Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] YMMV 20 X the points (30%) in app offer WUS > $75 from Friday, December 6th to Sunday, December 8th

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2019 8:19 am

Poll: In the end, are President's Choice Optimum (PCO) points money in your pocket?

  • Total votes: 140. You have voted on this poll.
Yes
 
109
78%
No
 
31
22%
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
5671 posts
9204 upvotes
Montreal

[Shoppers Drug Mart] YMMV 20 X the points (30%) in app offer WUS > $75 from Friday, December 6th to Sunday, December 8th

This offer is single use.

On almost anything in-store. Certain restrictions apply.

Screenshot (424).png
Last edited by Temporel on Dec 8th, 2019 11:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
64 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1036 posts
1126 upvotes
Toronto
Blah mine is $100 or more.. I miss the old $50 minimum (still comes back occasionally).. There isn't that much groceries to spend $100 on at SDM..
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 21, 2011
2695 posts
1879 upvotes
Parksville, BC
Usually on these events a lot of the "sale" items disappear or become regular price. Great if you want to buy an expensive item that never goes on sale though. Its effectively 30% off.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 21, 2010
4967 posts
4085 upvotes
Edmonton
I think we should just have a continuing shoppers thread, because these offers come multiple times a week as targeted and/or general offer.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2014
1249 posts
952 upvotes
Toronto, ON
flopticalcube wrote: Usually on these events a lot of the "sale" items disappear or become regular price. Great if you want to buy an expensive item that never goes on sale though. Its effectively 30% off.
It's effectively 30% back not 30% off, you still have to spend the full amount.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 21, 2011
2695 posts
1879 upvotes
Parksville, BC
alkaint wrote: It's effectively 30% back not 30% off, you still have to spend the full amount.
Yeah but you can spend it in a proper grocery store like RCSS.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2014
1249 posts
952 upvotes
Toronto, ON
flopticalcube wrote: Yeah but you can spend it in a proper grocery store like RCSS.
Doesn't make it cash in your pocket so its not 30% off. The money coming out of your pocket remains the same, you just get money to spend elsewhere. 30% off would make the price of the product 30% less, most people don't understand this.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
5671 posts
9204 upvotes
Montreal
alkaint wrote: Doesn't make it cash in your pocket so its not 30% off. The money coming out of your pocket remains the same, you just get money to spend elsewhere. 30% off would make the price of the product 30% less, most people don't understand this.

Yeah, but what about the redemption events like the one that just ended last Sunday, where your 30% is multiplied by a 1.4 to 1.6 factor?

Granted, it's not 30% less out of your pocket but it's a 30% X 1.4 = 40% minimum rebate (even on specials) for something you would buy anyway like groceries for example (bread, milk, butter, etc.) at Shoppers or Loblaws.

Where else can you get an extra 40% rebate on items already marked down?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2014
1249 posts
952 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Temporel wrote: Yeah, but what about the redemption events like the one that just ended last Sunday, where your 30% is multiplied by a 1.4 to 1.6 factor?

Granted, it's not 30% less out of your pocket but it's a 30% X 1.4 = 40% minimum rebate (even on specials) for something you would buy anyway like groceries for example (bread, milk, butter, etc.) at Shoppers or Loblaws.

Where else can you get an extra 40% rebate on specials?
Are you arguing for the sake of arguing? You literally proved my point right here, doesn't matter what you get on a bonus day or not, that is great and all. What I was trying to say for the less informed was that you still have to spend that full amount to get 30% back. In a world where cash is king that amount you spend is what you are effectively paying not getting "off". On top of that points could be stolen out of your account, your cash in your bank account is federally insured whereas your points are not. I'm not against the PC Optimum program at Shoppers, I just want people to make educated purchases about how much they are spending not how much they'll get back.

Edit:

Also let's not talk about how we can sell what we buy with our points for cash, that is an extra step which doesn't equate to having to do nothing to get a certain dollar amount off.
Member
Mar 14, 2018
423 posts
298 upvotes
alkaint wrote: Are you arguing for the sake of arguing? You literally proved my point right here, doesn't matter what you get on a bonus day or not, that is great and all. What I was trying to say for the less informed was that you still have to spend that full amount to get 30% back. In a world where cash is king that amount you spend is what you are effectively paying not getting "off". On top of that points could be stolen out of your account, your cash in your bank account is federally insured whereas your points are not. I'm not against the PC Optimum program at Shoppers, I just want people to make educated purchases about how much they are spending not how much they'll get back.

Edit:

Also let's not talk about how we can sell what we buy with our points for cash, that is an extra step which doesn't equate to having to do nothing to get a certain dollar amount off.
What if you're not spending that full amount? I would like to think that most people like me, shop at shoppers for things that they need and when it's on sale. For me the points translates to free money, also my free money made more free money, and then that free money made more money. (that's whole another topic)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
5671 posts
9204 upvotes
Montreal
Let me put it this way then.
Would you rather spend the full amount with NO 40 % rebate?
Or WITH a 40% rebate?
You WILL spend the full amount anyway (unless you stop eating).
No need to reply, it's more of a rhetorical question.
I think we are on the same side.
Risk of theft? Really?
You can lock your account to earn only you know. :)
What about the risk of being hit by a car on your way to Shopper's to redeem your points?
Of course, if a nuclear war breaks out, YMMV.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 13, 2003
5072 posts
5865 upvotes
20x happens at least every other week. What's special about this?
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2014
1249 posts
952 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Boondoggler wrote: What if you're not spending that full amount? I would like to think that most people like me, shop at shoppers for things that they need and when it's on sale. For me the points translates to free money, also my free money made more free money, and then that free money made more money. (that's whole another topic)
Exactly. whole other topic. I didn't say anything about getting points back, I just said you're effectively spending that money not getting it "off". I don't know why you guys aren't understanding that.
Temporel wrote: Let me put it this way then.
Would you rather spend the full amount with NO 40 % rebate?
Or WITH a 40% rebate?
You WILL spend the full amount anyway (unless you stop eating).
No need to reply, it's more of a rhetorical question.
I think we are on the same side.
Risk of theft? Really?
You can lock your account to earn only you know. :)
What about the risk of being hit by a car on your way to Shopper's to redeem your points?
Of course, if a nuclear war breaks out, YMMV.
I never said anything about getting money back, the post I replied to implied you're getting 30% off by getting 30% in points, which I proved to be untrue. Anything else is not a concern to me, I wanted to let people know that thinking that way was incorrect.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2321 posts
1864 upvotes
Ottawa
Got one of the few remaining Switch Maro Kart bundles left in the city with 20x points. Yea I know it's the older version of the switch, but no big deal.
Member
Mar 14, 2018
423 posts
298 upvotes
alkaint wrote: Exactly. whole other topic. I didn't say anything about getting points back, I just said you're effectively spending that money not getting it "off". I don't know why you guys aren't understanding that.



I never said anything about getting money back, the post I replied to implied you're getting 30% off by getting 30% in points, which I proved to be untrue. Anything else is not a concern to me, I wanted to let people know that thinking that way was incorrect.
Let's say once a month I spend $500 cash on groceries at Superstore. This time I used PC points to buy my groceries, so wouldn't that translates to $500 cash in my pocket which I received by saving 30% at shoppers for buying things that I need.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2011
1209 posts
1715 upvotes
Toronto
Temporel wrote: This offer is single use.

On almost anything in-store. Certain restrictions apply.

Today, Friday December 6th, there's no flyer active.

The next flyer will start tomorrow, December 7th.


Screenshot (424).png
This week’s flyer still active, ends today.
Newbie
Jan 23, 2011
46 posts
10 upvotes
Calgary
Anybody know how much the PS4 Pro bundles are going for? I assume they are no longer $369.99?

Top