Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shoppers Drug Mart

YMMV - 40% back in points if you spend more than 50K

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2020 11:15 am
Oct 5, 2008
755 posts
814 upvotes
GTA

[Shoppers Drug Mart] YMMV - 40% back in points if you spend more than 50K

YMMV - I got an in-app offer today. If you spend more than 50,000 points, get 40% back.

Timing was good too, as a bunch of my usual go-tos were on sale, and they had a bunch of electronics on clearout.

Amazon Echo - $49.99 (down from $129.99 - extra hot after another $20 off)
Acer iconia One 7 tablet - $89.99 (not much of a discount, not exactly a powerhouse tablet, but again, after an additional $36 off, not bad for the kids).
iHome (crappy little) Bluetooth rechargeable speaker - $9.99

There were other electronics on sale, but these were the only ones I grabbed.

Other stuff:
PC Coffee - 6.99 (though they were out of stock)
PC Peanut Butter - 2.99
Lindt Chocolate bars - 2 for $6
20 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2001
5231 posts
4105 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Good offer, I don't see it on either of my accounts.
😱
Dec 28, 2016
252 posts
149 upvotes
I’m planning to redeem some points. This would have been great to get today. Unfortunately, it’s not in my offers.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I never get these but I've also never redeemed points yet so I wonder if that's related.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2006
1982 posts
298 upvotes
Markham
I've only ever gotten an offer like this once...like a year and a half ago. Every time I see a thread like this, I check and then get disappointed.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
1102 posts
282 upvotes
Vancouver
Nada~

Checked. Thanks for getting my hopes up lol
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3504 upvotes
Vancouver
Got it thanks. Now to find something to redeem for.
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5863 posts
2611 upvotes
Three separate 20x offers, but not this 40% offer, which is arguably the best offer you can get at SDM.

Guess I'll try playing with households tomorrow and see...
Mar 11, 2013
811 posts
812 upvotes
Brampton
Thanks OP. I wouldn't have noticed if it weren't for your post. Went to shoppers to see what can I redeem for and noticed Braun Thermoscan 7 was back in stock. Grabbed one Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
4713 posts
6304 upvotes
Prince George
ryansluman wrote: Time to switch household a dozen times me thinks
ryansluman wrote: If I can snag this, il grab another 2 switch lite and sell on Kijiji. Excellent way to cash out . Any other ways to convert to cash feel free to mention it and tag me.
This is why we can’t have nice things
Oct 19, 2013
74 posts
84 upvotes
Nepean, ON
ryansluman wrote: If I can snag this, il grab another 2 switch lite and sell on Kijiji. Excellent way to cash out . Any other ways to convert to cash feel free to mention it and tag me.
Why not just buy them, then return them? They refund point purchases with cash.
May 8, 2013
684 posts
626 upvotes
London
DRockDR wrote: Why not just buy them, then return them? They refund point purchases with cash.
I should try that . Can't seem to get this offer tho
Apr 2, 2008
703 posts
364 upvotes
DRockDR wrote: Why not just buy them, then return them? They refund point purchases with cash.
Should be refunded on gift card, so YMMV
Save a lot but end up spending more :confused:
May 8, 2013
684 posts
626 upvotes
London
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: This is why we can’t have nice things
Too bad eh. I'm sure you learned from the deep web right? U must really hate ppl posting price errors
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
bluewish wrote: Should be refunded on gift card, so YMMV
Yeah if the cashier is refunding points purchases to cash they are clearly not following their SOP, what a terrible piece of "advice".
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
ryansluman wrote: Too bad eh. I'm sure you learned from the deep web right? U must really hate ppl posting price errors
It's actually written in the Optimum policy you can't flip ... So, tread carefully or you will be victim to the Optimum police. I'm making fun of this situation but I'm not kidding. Keep these conversations to yourself IMO, don't post about it on public forums.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
DaVibe wrote: It's actually written in the Optimum policy you can't flip ... So, tread carefully or you will be victim to the Optimum police. I'm making fun of this situation but I'm not kidding. Keep these conversations to yourself IMO, don't post about it on public forums.
Yep, there was a guy that posted on here (forget the username), and straight up admitted all he did was use the Optimum program while shopping at RCSS or Loblaw's (can't remember which, maybe both) to build up enough points to redeem for Switchs to flip. Openly admitted he would endlessly household cycle until he got the "Get 10k points for every $50 spent" offer in the app. 20% ROI every time he shopped. Derailed the thread he posted in.

Guess what offer disappeared about a month after?