Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shoppers Drug Mart

[YMMV] [PC Optimum App] Spend upto $400 by Oct 31, get back 100,000 PC Optimum points *Targeted*

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2019 8:58 pm
Nov 20, 2017
290 posts
394 upvotes
MikoWilson wrote: Take the PC optimum program, and events like this with a MASSIVE grain of salt. I've been burned by events like this to the tune of 150-200 bucks, and customer service couldn't care less.
You will need to HOUND these people to get these points, and there is a big chance you will never get them. I've been trying to game this point system for over a year now, and I'm calling it quits. Events like this I imagine are rarely payed out unless the customer service agents are hounded.
LOL it was actually instantaneous for me... I bought a canon sl2 on the 40% points back day: camera costed $699 plus tax, I redeemed 320K pts, had 20x offer and spend $400 offer so I ended up getting 340K+ points back and only spending $471 including tax out of pocket.

Never had to hound anyone for anything except the odd time they'll miss a grocery offer on granola bars or something, sounds like you just don't quite understand the mechanics behind which offers stack and how to trigger them.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
3161 posts
3308 upvotes
MikoWilson wrote: Take the PC optimum program, and events like this with a MASSIVE grain of salt. I've been burned by events like this to the tune of 150-200 bucks, and customer service couldn't care less.
You will need to HOUND these people to get these points, and there is a big chance you will never get them. I've been trying to game this point system for over a year now, and I'm calling it quits. Events like this I imagine are rarely payed out unless the customer service agents are hounded.
Not sure why you've been having trouble since it's pretty smooth sailing for anyone I know. Submitting a points inquiry is done through the app and their response time is usually within 48 hours.

It makes it a lot easier for them if you screenshot your app/offer, the first line of support just needs to prove to the backend team that your request (which they normally are very helpful with).
Jun 20, 2019
50 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mikka2017 wrote: damn never got this offer...i hardly shop at sdm anymore
Same here. PC insider, didn't get this in my app. But haven't been to Shoppers in a while...
Feb 2, 2015
675 posts
1217 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I'm just out here with nearly 500,000 points from the amazing Brookfield, Avene, Toblerone and PC Sliders deals (that RCSS/SDM seem to have learned from) .. and working the points off buying groceries that are on a good sale price. No way I could spend $400 in Shoppers as I don't need any new electronics
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2812 posts
3878 upvotes
Just wondering, how is this any special than the over "points" sales they have by text message which are usually 25-30% back in points? I guess its worth it if you're buying TV or Switch which is "normal" price compared to other retailers, but I don't see how it's any different than other Shoppers deals....... ?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
3279 posts
1272 upvotes
Montreal
simplypop wrote: Just wondering, how is this any special than the over "points" sales they have by text message which are usually 25-30% back in points? I guess its worth it if you're buying TV or Switch which is "normal" price compared to other retailers, but I don't see how it's any different than other Shoppers deals....... ?
Cause this will add up to the 20x points you get on the app or week-end offers!!
I have around 1 mil points spread around 4 accounts and never got this offer...
| Intel I7 9700K | Asus Z390-E Gaming | Kingston HX426C13PB3k2/32 @ 2666mhz | Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super | 970 Evo Plus 500gb NVMe | Seasonic 750PX | Define R6 USB-C | H115I Pro | Klipsch R-41PM | Dell U3818DW | Logitech Craft | Logitech MX Master 3S |
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1521 posts
3573 upvotes
Asho94 wrote: LOL it was actually instantaneous for me... I bought a canon sl2 on the 40% points back day: camera costed $699 plus tax, I redeemed 320K pts, had 20x offer and spend $400 offer so I ended up getting 340K+ points back and only spending $471 including tax out of pocket.

Never had to hound anyone for anything except the odd time they'll miss a grocery offer on granola bars or something, sounds like you just don't quite understand the mechanics behind which offers stack and how to trigger them.
I'm a video game designer who manages some pretty intense economy systems. My issues have never been with stacking components, but with the deals simply going through. The deals that some seem to be the most trouble are the "Spend 100k points, recieve 30% of those points back 2 weeks later" deals. Those wait periods are chucked in to allow for error, and hope that you do not rememeber those deals.
It's happened to me twice, and both deals were not honored even with reciepts and documentation of the deal. It's pretty shocking how many points this system has scammed out of me.
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3504 upvotes
Vancouver
MikoWilson wrote: I'm a video game designer who manages some pretty intense economy systems. My issues have never been with stacking components, but with the deals simply going through. The deals that some seem to be the most trouble are the "Spend 100k points, recieve 30% of those points back 2 weeks later" deals. Those wait periods are chucked in to allow for error, and hope that you do not rememeber those deals.
It's happened to me twice, and both deals were not honored even with reciepts and documentation of the deal. It's pretty shocking how many points this system has scammed out of me.
Sounds like the mail in rebate of the modern age.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2812 posts
3878 upvotes
Mcklain wrote: Cause this will add up to the 20x points you get on the app or week-end offers!!
I have around 1 mil points spread around 4 accounts and never got this offer...
Is this confirmed though?
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1928 posts
2774 upvotes
Halifax
simplypop wrote: Is this confirmed though?
yes. numerous times. in this thread. like six posts or so above yours, for example.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
I never had issues getting points back. Customer service is much better than I could have imagined. Pretty fast replies with points added.
Sep 11, 2019
24 posts
10 upvotes
I got this offer, but I have nothing to buy from sdm. SO hard to spend 400 bucks there, I think I will skip it. I am not an insider subscriber BTW.
Oct 16, 2010
432 posts
1054 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: I'm not even able to buy enough for a $25 SDM offer for 8000 points in bonus, without buying anything that is grossly overpriced.

Stop thinking that these offers make you save money, they absolutely do not.
Ever heard of 20x pts with 1-day or 2-day sale on a Saturday?

Clearly you're not doing it right. Sale prices makes it regular price in the market , 30% back in pts, occasionally personalized offer to get additional 20% back in pts.

Then you can even use those pts to redeem for another 25%, 30%, 33%, or 40% back in pts.

Save 30%-60% off items vs. market price at other stores. Learn the RFD way.
Jul 29, 2019
47 posts
108 upvotes
Proxism wrote: Ever heard of 20x pts with 1-day or 2-day sale on a Saturday?

Clearly you're not doing it right. Sale prices makes it regular price in the market , 30% back in pts, occasionally personalized offer to get additional 20% back in pts.

Then you can even use those pts to redeem for another 25%, 30%, 33%, or 40% back in pts.

Save 30%-60% off items vs. market price at other stores. Learn the RFD way.
By using the PC mastercard, you also get PC points!! Also use it at participating PC stores will help you earn points faster.
I always purchase at shoppers when it's 20x the points and redeem when there is a redemption program!

You just need to maximize all PC optimum products!!
Nov 10, 2017
6 posts
I had offer for 8000 points for every $25 spent valid today only and ended up getting Nintendo Switch for $450 after tax, earning 132000 points. Points for using PC master card will be added later.
Sep 29, 2019
5 posts
2 upvotes
Anyone know if purchase on their website count towards this offer?
Plan to buy a Dyson dryer, would be great to combine this offer.
Nov 13, 2016
323 posts
393 upvotes
Any one know what happens with this offer if i return a few items? Does it deduct from the total spend amount?
Apr 6, 2007
481 posts
127 upvotes
Kelowna
slampii wrote: Any one know what happens with this offer if i return a few items? Does it deduct from the total spend amount?
I am on the same boat. Let me know if you find out something
Sep 17, 2008
829 posts
320 upvotes
BC
cecil89 wrote: Anyone know if purchase on their website count towards this offer?
Plan to buy a Dyson dryer, would be great to combine this offer.
check the T&C, I got the offer for spend $500 in beauty and it clearly states in-store only.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)