Shopping Discussion

Shoppers Drug Marts Math. 18500 points = $25 : isn't it about $23?

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2016 1:50 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 12, 2006
3466 posts
1991 upvotes
Toronto

Shoppers Drug Marts Math. 18500 points = $25 : isn't it about $23?

SDM flyer this week says this. But doesn't it take 20,000 pts = $25.
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
9527 posts
3826 upvotes
beachlover wrote: SDM flyer this week says this. But doesn't it take 20,000 pts = $25.
It depends on what your point balance is...if 18,500 takes you to 95,000, the points are worth $33 at that level.

If you only have 18,500 points in your account, yes they are worth about $23 at that level.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 4, 2008
6680 posts
6578 upvotes
Richmond Hill
lecale wrote: It depends on what your point balance is...if 18,500 takes you to 95,000, the points are worth $33 at that level.

If you only have 18,500 points in your account, yes they are worth about $23 at that level.
And its about $43 on a bonus redemption event :D
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3929 posts
1509 upvotes
Ottawa
aeba7 wrote: And its about $43 on a bonus redemption event :D
which almost never happens now
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 4, 2006
2332 posts
513 upvotes
GVR
18,500 points is roughly $25 at the 22,000 point tier.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3469 posts
678 upvotes
Toronto
john.canad wrote: which almost never happens now
I remember the $200 for 80,000 points days - I think they may be gone forever. We are lucky when we have the $200 for 95,000 points.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 12, 2006
3466 posts
1991 upvotes
Toronto
My point is that SDM shouldn't be advertising that 18,500 points equals $25 if some scenarios exist that it does not. Not based that it MIGHT be worth $25. Might as well then use the $33 or $43 figures mentioned by others

Top