• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2021 9:25 pm
17 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9110 posts
2725 upvotes
London
I guess the next time I can't find the shit on sale from the flyer I'll take off my mask and 5 staff will run over to help me.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
2696 posts
2299 upvotes
K-W/Guelph
Not sure what he expected further instigating a fight with security.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
1710 posts
2512 upvotes
St Clements, MB
The big question is how the unmasked man was allowed to enter the store. One would have at thought that the store security would be stationed at the entrance enforcing the mask rule and to regulate the number of people allowed to enter.
Feb 3, 2021
59 posts
10 upvotes
Truly Tragic...
cslusarc wrote: The big question is how the unmasked man was allowed to enter the store. One would have at thought that the store security would be stationed at the entrance enforcing the mask rule and to regulate the number of people allowed to enter.
For all we know they may have have been. The report clearly allows for the possibility he was asked to leave upon entering and refused forging forward... However it also refers to staff involved as LP, who don't necessary function as greeter security generally. When it's just mandated masks are worn in a jurisdiction without strict significant restrictions/reductions on occupancy many shops just trust the consumers will comply[iunno what restrictions are in place there]. Even if not it's often a greeter/standard staff that watch the door...
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12253 posts
1991 upvotes
GTA
waiting for full story and resolution
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2155 posts
845 upvotes
Toronto
FFS, wear a god damn mask!

What is it like 5 minutes of inconvenience?
Instead of screaming about your freedoms and rights, how about think of someone other than yourself.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2626 posts
1364 upvotes
London
cslusarc wrote: The big question is how the unmasked man was allowed to enter the store. One would have at thought that the store security would be stationed at the entrance enforcing the mask rule and to regulate the number of people allowed to enter.
ya its funny if u have a back pack on and walk in crappy tire there right up ur butt to go put it behind the c/s.
Feb 3, 2021
59 posts
10 upvotes
aaron158 wrote: ya its funny if u have a back pack on and walk in crappy tire there right up ur butt to go put it behind the c/s.
Again, there's nothing in this clip to indicate they didn't try to stop him upon entry. I get that it's not ideal to have to leave your backpack with CS, especially if the request comes off as hostile, however what's the alternative? Just completely enable shop lifting? It's much more efficient and less of an invasion of privacy to request ppl leave their bags with CS than to attempt to search ppl upon exit or whatever...
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2626 posts
1364 upvotes
London
GloryFades wrote: Again, there's nothing in this clip to indicate they didn't try to stop him upon entry. I get that it's not ideal to have to leave your backpack with CS, especially if the request comes off as hostile, however what's the alternative? Just completely enable shop lifting? It's much more efficient and less of an invasion of privacy to request ppl leave their bags with CS than to attempt to search ppl upon exit or whatever...
they are like the only store that seems to care.
Feb 3, 2021
59 posts
10 upvotes
aaron158 wrote: they are like the only store that seems to care.
Fair Enough... Sometimes in the past I've seen Walmart[especially the ones that remained in Malls] put seal stickers they could check for tampering on ppl's bags entering the shop from outside. The reality is Canadian Tire sells a lot of expensive goods and apparently hardware shops like that are frequently targeted by thieves. The alternative is to either attempt to selectively violate ppl's privacy as they exit by attempting to search them, which I've seen grocery shops do to ppl at times, and I think is much worse, not to mention it poses a much greater risk of conflict and the possibility they'll refuse search and make a break for it; or to make most items require staff to release them for the consumer which some smaller CT competitors apparently do, much to their consumers' general annoyance. Both would be much less efficient. If you're concerned about shop lifting requiring bags be left with CS seems like the most efficient and ethical option...