Hot Deals

[The shopping channel] HOT!! Solar disk lights!! 10 pack under $40!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2019 11:23 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1745 posts
437 upvotes
Toronto

HOT!! Solar disk lights!! 10 pack under $40!!!

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
50% off
Expiry:
September 30, 2019
Retailer:
The shopping channel
I thought this amazing deal for these solar lights was worth sharing, a quick google search and you will see how expensive these are at other retailers and you don’t get as many in a box. This one is 10 lights in a box, I bought 4 boxes they are amazing!! They are super bright and come working right out of the box. They can be staked in the ground, hung, any flat surface really, I love these lights! Shopping channel has a pick up option for those of you that don’t want to pay shipping, or you can be like me and buy 4 boxes and enter ship150 for free shipping.

https://www.tsc.ca/Bell-and-Howell-Disk ... v=R:554905
38 replies
Dec 15, 2011
155 posts
150 upvotes
Calgary

Here’s a video review of these things. Pretty sure I’ve seen them at Bed Bath as well.

Looks like higher build quality than most China brand Amazon solar lights.

That said, it seems like they’d really only be useful as pathway markers and don’t put out a ton of lumens.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1745 posts
437 upvotes
Toronto
fearlessfx wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 1:01 am

Here’s a video review of these things. Pretty sure I’ve seen them at Bed Bath as well.

Looks like higher build quality than most China brand Amazon solar lights.

That said, it seems like they’d really only be useful as pathway markers and don’t put out a ton of lumens.
They are very very bright lights up my whole walkway and the quality is also excellent they feel really solid. Definitely impressed with these about to build a deck and put a bunch out there
Feb 17, 2009
251 posts
198 upvotes
FYI - that youtube review is not really relevant as he is reviewing the old version of these disk lights, which had only 4 LED bulbs in each light. The 2019 version (which is the version being discounted) of these disk lights have 8 LED bulbs, and customers seem to like the updated version much more.

Amazon Reviews

OP thanked!
Aug 25, 2012
101 posts
168 upvotes
VANCOUVER
YouTube video was underwhelming. Sticking more LEDs on the same product and expecting better results is a fools game.
If you like them, please be sure to up vote my posts! When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Apr 13, 2010
50 posts
58 upvotes
In general, warmer colour temperatures work better for relatively dim lighting, and unfortunately, these have what looks like a cool temperature, along with no mention of CRI or other light quality measures. It's quite possible that buying these will lead to some remorse later.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
1361 posts
649 upvotes
Vancouver
Bought one install on my head
Deal Addict
May 19, 2004
1690 posts
200 upvotes
Edmonton
didnt see option for ship to store on this one
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1745 posts
437 upvotes
Toronto
S1 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 3:50 pm
In general, warmer colour temperatures work better for relatively dim lighting, and unfortunately, these have what looks like a cool temperature, along with no mention of CRI or other light quality measures. It's quite possible that buying these will lead to some remorse later.
Doubtful based on the reviews they are very bright , not sure how much remorse one can have over 40 bucks but whatever
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1745 posts
437 upvotes
Toronto
5abi wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 5:15 pm
didnt see option for ship to store on this one
It’s the shopping channel what store would they ship to? What???
Aug 8, 2018
17 posts
10 upvotes
Heavenleigh85 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 10:46 pm
It’s the shopping channel what store would they ship to? What???
They have store at Mississauga. It can be shipped for free
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1745 posts
437 upvotes
Toronto
qwertyuio wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 10:49 pm
They have store at Mississauga. It can be shipped for free
Ohh ok well if u can pick up from store just pick up from the warehouse