Shopping at The Source is FUN !

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2020 12:04 pm
[OP]
Feb 22, 2009
260 posts
76 upvotes

Shopping at The Source is FUN !

So I need to buy a Lucky Mobile ZTE and a text & talk plan for $15 monthly. The Source sells Lucky phones. I rang a Source, and yes, they have the phone in stock, but they are closing soon. Can the fellow put it aside and I'll be in late tomorrow? Yes. I got there next day and identified myself and the young fellow headed for the stock room. Hmmm.. He didn't put it under the counter, methinks. OK. It takes a minute. He came out of the stock room and said: "It's not there. Someone sold it." I said "Didn't you put put aside?" "I put it on another shelf."

So some employee rather smarter had an inquiry and was creative enough to look around a bit "on another shelf." It's a good thing that it wasn't important, eh?

My prep and driving time was 1 1/2 hours, it delayed my project by a day (at least, maybe two,) and in a sense I only blame the fellow a little bit because Source probably pay the guy peanuts
and he's young (maybe a factor) so how much competence can once expect? Still, I won't be darkening the door of Source again if I can help it.
I'm glad that I finally found the button.......
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2544 posts
1505 upvotes
Calgary
Cool story, bro. Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Seriously, if a small goof-up makes you not want to visit the Source ever again, In pretty sure your attitude towards them would have made them glad they wouldn’t have to deal with you again too.
[OP]
Feb 22, 2009
260 posts
76 upvotes
Send me some money.
I'm glad that I finally found the button.......
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20968 posts
10484 upvotes
Oakville
I mean, this sucks, but isn't it pretty much a case of "I called dibs, but somebody else got there first and since there's no official reservation policy at the store, they got it instead of me"?

The kid was trying to do you a favour, and it didn't work out. So it goes.
Banned
Aug 11, 2018
996 posts
927 upvotes
the entitlement from people these days, cry me a **** river.

what if you put it aside and then never showed up, and the source missed out on a sale? they're in the business to make, you guessed it, MONEY.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)