• Oct 30th, 2018 8:40 am
[OP]
Banned
Oct 23, 2018
4 posts
2 upvotes
usa

shopping in Toronto

Toronto has emerged as a major style destination. Stores abound with luxury designer items, unique vintage finds and top home décor, and high fashion can be found around every corner.
Please give some excellent tips about shopping in Toronto.
I am always serious about my readers from infinite hours of researching and informing to help you get the perfect support that you need to live a better life.
11 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
20856 posts
19112 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
This is the 2nd topic of yours I’ve read recently
(The other on the Helicopter Tour of Monaco)

Both read more Review like than actually asking a question
(Although this time you did ask one at the end)

I was confused by the whole premise of your posts
Wondering if you were someone doing research for an article etc

But now I notice your RFD Profile says your location is USA
So now i have just put it down as ... not being from here
Added on top of being a RFD Newbie

No harm... just a different perspective I suppose you bring to the table than the average RFDer, who is living in Canada

I preface my Reply with this info
As it might prove useful to other RFDers who read and reply
Maybe will take the edge off a bit
Cause your post in the TRAVEL FORUM did not begin well
And I felt you got a chilly reception

Toronto... is a great city

It’s Canada’s largest.
And definitely the centre for mainstream ventures into Media, the Arts & Fashion

Both Canada creatives, and a central showcase for others from around the world

So if you are looking for all that... particularly high end
Look to Toronto’s Yorkville neighbourhood
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yorkville,_Toronto

Or the Yorkdale Shopping Centre (in the Yorkdale neighbourhood, off the 401)
www.yorkdale.com

Also... Toronto’s “Fashion District” no doubt has a wealth of Cdn Designers ... especially up & comers
But, I know nothing about Cdn Fashion
(I assume there are Designers of Men’s wear as well as Women’s ... but just not my scene ... I just shop at the likes of Marks & LL Bean... My dressing up extends to a “Cdn Tuxedo”)
Canadian Tuxedo
A "Canadian tuxedo" is a colloquial term for wearing a jean jacket with jeans.[16] The term reportedly originated in 1951 after Bing Crosby was refused entry to a hotel in Canada due to wearing a denim top and denim bottoms.[16][17] After learning of the incident, Levi Strauss & Co. designed a tuxedo made entirely of denim as a publicity stunt.[16] Though long considered a fashion faux pas outside of work apparel, the Canadian tuxedo achieved a "pop cultural peak" in 2001 when Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake wore the combination to that year's American Music Awards.[16][18][17] In 2016 Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau wore a "Canadian tuxedo" to a concert by The Tragically Hip.[19] Lady Gaga has also worn a Canadian tuxedo in public.[20]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2015
1190 posts
554 upvotes
Vancouver
naima01 wrote: Toronto has emerged as a major style destination. Stores abound with luxury designer items, unique vintage finds and top home décor, and high fashion can be found around every corner.
Please give some excellent tips about shopping in Toronto.
If you have a chance to visit Asia...You should go Tokyo/Osaka and Hong Kong for shopping.
Aug 20, 2018
6 posts
8 upvotes
Depending on where you live in the States, most people from Toronto think there are much better deals to be had in USA. Toronto is in my opinion more expensive but if you come up here for a trip I can recommend you to indeed, visit Yorkdale, Eaton Centre, and or Yorkville.

But don't just stop at shopping, go downtown and try out all the different kinds of food we have in the city.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5956 posts
1289 upvotes
Toronto
naima01 wrote: Toronto has emerged as a major style destination. Stores abound with luxury designer items, unique vintage finds and top home décor, and high fashion can be found around every corner.
Source?
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 15, 2007
5275 posts
2714 upvotes
Tips? Lol
Have money. Lots of it
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2015
3260 posts
2911 upvotes
Toronto
The legalization of cannabis might have something to do with this op...
To the moon
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8906 posts
2840 upvotes
Mississauga
BOT
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7206 posts
7005 upvotes
Toronto
Redsanta wrote: The legalization of cannabis might have something to do with this op...
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)