Expired Offers

Locked: Intel Core i9 9900KF $613.95

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2020 3:29 pm
Jr. Member
May 4, 2014
157 posts
61 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
I love how salty this guy gets over what other ppl want to spend their money on lol.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 16, 2001
15473 posts
2151 upvotes
thatsnasty wrote: 5-15% with a 2080ti, and a "few fps" in every other game at every other resolution, it's ahead across the board.
And so what? The FPS gains are meaningless to every gamer without GSync/Freesync and a 100-144Hz+ monitor with a video card capable of driving it to it's full potential.

You literally downplay the best part of the 9900k, while up-playing the security issue that does almost nothing for a gamer in the home environment ( you buy this chip for gaming remember? ).
Ironically, you're doing the exact opposite. You just happen to be wrong.
Sticking your head in the sand is better than fear mongering something that is simply not as big of a deal as you make it out to be. This isn't true for everyone obviously, but we are speaking in context about a chip bought for gaming.
And do you think you're somehow exempt from security considerations because you bought your chip for gaming? Or do you buy only single-player games on DVD and never connect to the internet?
Once again, we get it, AMD is a better buy this generation, you're justifying your purchase with Jep4444 over here, I've already said that, and most people know it.
I don't even own an AMD product. I have a 7700K and a RTX2070 Super. It sounds like you're trying to justify your purchase by downplaying the security concerns inherent to Intel CPUs.
But spreading misinformation and shitting on the best gaming chip just because it doesn't meet the requirements for YOUR computer does not make any less than the best gaming chip, still, for everyone else who wants that.
Sigh. I'm not saying it's not the fastest chip. I'm saying people are stupid for buying one.
Whenever someone asks a question that starts with "Why do they..." or "Why don't they...", the answer is always a) money, b) stupidity, or c) both.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1395 posts
1105 upvotes
I switched from Intel to AMD for my own reasons and would never bash someone for doing the same or vice versa. I really do not see why we need to attack people because of what they decide to spend their hard earned money on. That said misinformation bothers me so please do not pretend that AMD is immune to all exploits. Now yes these are just some of the what 16 AMD exploits vs over 200 for Intel. So it is not close. Just stating they are not completely immune.

Spectre variants 1, 1.1, 2 and 4
Speculative Store Bypass.
PortSmash
NetSpectre
SplitSpectre
Member
Dec 27, 2008
306 posts
178 upvotes
You can tell someone hasn't done their homework when they bring up "Intel's security concerns" when talking about some John's gaming PC...
JAC wrote: Sigh. I'm not saying it's not the fastest chip. I'm saying people are stupid for buying one.
Might want to take a computer break and go read a bit.
Last edited by djzapz on Jan 23rd, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9534 posts
5269 upvotes
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 20, 2012
1542 posts
776 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I have a 9900KS and I am very happy with it and set for the next 5 plus years. I would also get the KF over the K, because they binned all the good K chips for the KS release
Jr. Member
User avatar
Nov 3, 2010
191 posts
252 upvotes
Niagara Falls
JAC wrote: And so what? The FPS gains are meaningless to every gamer without GSync/Freesync and a 100-144Hz+ monitor with a video card capable of driving it to it's full potential.
Who buys a $600 dollar chip and doesn't have freesync or gsync, or really, a video card at least semi-decent to not bottleneck said chip.
That's seriously your argument now, that FPS gains are useless because not every person has a capable setup, what?
JAC wrote: Ironically, you're doing the exact opposite. You just happen to be wrong.
Got proof that your security feature directly effects FPS and gaming performance of the 9900k on specific games for the average user?
Waiting for a link, otherwise I'd say my statement is more correct than yours.
JAC wrote: And do you think you're somehow exempt from security considerations because you bought your chip for gaming? Or do you buy only single-player games on DVD and never connect to the internet?
Well now you're just being facetious.
Or are you trying to tell me you're going to get hacked, exploited, information stolen, or anything otherwise not good, because of the chip?
Because if you're not running a server or something with critical information, you'd be the only person I know to be this paranoid about it on their gaming PC.
JAC wrote: I don't even own an AMD product. I have a 7700K and a RTX2070 Super. It sounds like you're trying to justify your purchase by downplaying the security concerns inherent to Intel CPUs.
Running an rx580 and a 2500k. My computer is probably worse than most people's here.
So yeah, far from a fanboy, just cheap and needing to upgrade but not wanting current AMD because lack of heavy overclocking. Could very well be different by next gen.
JAC wrote: Sigh. I'm not saying it's not the fastest chip. I'm saying people are stupid for buying one.
So you're saying someone is stupid for buying the best chip for gaming, for gaming? How dare they buy the best tool for the job!
For all you know they already have the board, and build, and they are just upgrading to the chip, Who knows?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 4, 2011
5038 posts
1602 upvotes
RYZEN
Member
Mar 26, 2007
331 posts
18 upvotes
Sarnia
Can we stay on topic about the deal? Has anyone shopped at shopRBC before that can comment on their experience? This is a good deal on this chip and I'm in the market for a variation of the 9900. Just not sure if I want to wait for prices to come down on the 9900k.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
4479 posts
2316 upvotes
Toronto
thatsnasty wrote: Got proof that your security feature directly effects FPS and gaming performance of the 9900k on specific games for the average user?
Waiting for a link, otherwise I'd say my statement is more correct than yours.
Even gamers tend to use their computers for more than just gaming. Ignoring the reality of security concern does not mean they are irrelevant to you.
Also it's very possible than an exploit can be used to backdoor install malware that would hurt system performance and lower your FPS.

Top