• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2020 9:43 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
2004 posts
187 upvotes

Short code sms on voip.ms #?

I currently have my home phone # with voip.ms. I don't actually have a physical home phone anymore and just use it for ring groups/answering machine/certain LD calls.

I'm trying to find a way to receive short code sms for various Auth /#verification (Amazon etc) at my voip.ms #.. Is there anyway to do this (as low cost as possible) with a variety of apps without porting out the #?
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
3608 posts
3699 upvotes
Vancouver
I've used the voip.ms free sms service, and it has worked fine for me in Canada. No good for receiving international messages, but those are problematic with all the cellular services.
Jul 16, 2008
294 posts
87 upvotes
ON
Check voip.ms FAQ, they don't support short code SMS except short code from Google.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
2004 posts
187 upvotes
j3390659 wrote: Check voip.ms FAQ, they don't support short code SMS except short code from Google.
Yes, saw that in their faq.. Was just hoping there might be some way around it using 3rd party apps/services
Jun 10, 2020
1 posts
It will not be possible to use third-party apps or services to add short code support to a VoIP.ms number. VoIP.ms is the company that controls the texting part of the number, so only they can add/remove texting features.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12973 upvotes
ElvaSoShexai wrote: I'm trying to find a way to receive short code sms for various Auth /#verification (Amazon etc) at my voip.ms #.. Is there anyway to do this (as low cost as possible) with a variety of apps without porting out the #?
Unless you want to get another phone number with a cell provider, this isn't possible for those numbers/companies that don't support voip.ms.
A good number of places do work fine but there are a few that don't.
Dec 26, 2010
455 posts
107 upvotes
SW Ontario
I am considering moving from Fongo to VoIP.ms (Canadian number)
Is voip.ms better than fongo from a short code support perspective?
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
228 posts
235 upvotes
Montreal
garce wrote: I am considering moving from Fongo to VoIP.ms (Canadian number)
Is voip.ms better than fongo from a short code support perspective?
UberEats and Google, Microsoft worked for me on VoIP.ms
I'm a customer at Public Mobile and VoIP.ms!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12973 upvotes
danmartin471 wrote: UberEats
I wonder if UberEats uses a different backend or something because Uber 100% didn't work for me on voip.ms
Sep 17, 2009
181 posts
25 upvotes
RBC Visa 2FA texts do not work with VOIP.MS
Mastercard 2FA texts seem to work
I was chatting w/ their live support and they said that not all short code / intl texts will come through, only some