Investing

The Short-Term Trading Thread

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2020 10:33 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2015
2969 posts
2114 upvotes
Calgary
Good morning!
Filled on some ES shorts overnight at 3029 and 3033 as planned (small position, had orders up to 3050 which didn't fill)
Stop at 3025 for now
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2015
2969 posts
2114 upvotes
Calgary
cuecuecue wrote: What are ES shorts?

Is there a sticky i can read?
https://www.thebalance.com/profile-of-t ... et-1031271

Covered ES shorts 2975 (+65)
Will re-short a bounce to the 3005 area
Might get long for a bounce if we hit 2960s directly

Watching KC for a long entry closer to 100-98

Edit: Bidding 2964
Last edited by margincall on May 27th, 2020 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2003
1044 posts
265 upvotes
YVR
any ops on tech supports here? ES now 2968
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2015
2969 posts
2114 upvotes
Calgary
Charles wrote: any ops on tech supports here? ES now 2968
I see the blue box as first support, backtest of the breakout + previous highs
Bid missed by a point so far...come back and fill me please

Capture.PNG
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2003
1044 posts
265 upvotes
YVR
margincall wrote: I see the blue box as first support, backtest of the breakout + previous highs
Bid missed by a point so far...come back and fill me please


Capture.PNG
thanks. You may get your chance if the real rocketfuel we've had the last several days have been based on burning shorts. Not many of them left imo
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2015
2969 posts
2114 upvotes
Calgary
Charles wrote: thanks. You may get your chance if the real rocketfuel we've had the last several days have been based on burning shorts. Not many of them left imo
If 2960-50 holds, I can see us running to 3100 into EOM

Edit: Hmm...might have missed the entry...do i chase? might regret it, but I'm going to wait
Edit2: LE is trying to move through 100 yet again...just needs a push and we should be off to 105. Stop moved up to 99
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2003
1044 posts
265 upvotes
YVR
margincall wrote: If 2960-50 holds, I can see us running to 3100 into EOM

Edit: Hmm...might have missed the entry...do i chase? might regret it, but I'm going to wait
Edit2: LE is trying to move through 100 yet again...just needs a push and we should be off to 105. Stop moved up to 99
20-20 hindsight argh.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2015
2969 posts
2114 upvotes
Calgary
Charles wrote: 20-20 hindsight argh.
Lol happens more often than I'd like...missing by a couple of points sucksDisappointed But Relieved Face

Approaching 3005 resistance...if bears are going to show up this is the place
Sold half LE 100.85 (+6)
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2003
1044 posts
265 upvotes
YVR
in STNE 34.35
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2003
1044 posts
265 upvotes
YVR
rapashoo wrote: Looks like another down day for Gold. It is critical to hold that trend line support otherwise we could see 1684.
relevant gold t/a


To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2010
2879 posts
796 upvotes
What a battle around 3000

Woot. Bulls just won.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6111 posts
2575 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Sold DIS 150 Jan 2021 calls for 2 bagger

Looking to buy back in later in summer/fall

SPCE and JPM calls still in loss
.......
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.

Top