Travel

Short trip in Los Angeles

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2017 12:20 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 9, 2015
46 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Short trip in Los Angeles

I might stay in Los Angeles for 2 to 3 days more after a business trip, please recommend some must-eat restaurants and must-visit spots. I may spare one day for Disneyland and another day for the Universal Studio, kindly recommend a hotel nearby.. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
20 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 25, 2009
4309 posts
1330 upvotes
Moncton
I really enjoyed my bike trip from Santa Monica to Redondo Beach. Rented the bike in Santa Monica.

Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16579 posts
2296 upvotes
Itsasony wrote: I might stay in Los Angeles for 2 to 3 days more after a business trip, please recommend some must-eat restaurants and must-visit spots. I may spare one day for Disneyland and another day for the Universal Studio, kindly recommend a hotel nearby.. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

I would rent a car and drive the Pacific Highway to Santa Monic - it's very nice drive. Preferably a convertible with the top down :D
Member
User avatar
Jul 12, 2015
328 posts
110 upvotes
You definitely need to rent a car when in LA if you want to visit a lot of places.

I 2nd the suggestion to drive the PCH to Santa Monica, and then continue on to Malibu. Stop at the Malibu Country Mart and see if you can bump into any TV/movie stars. The drive is beautiful.

Go check out one or both of the Getty museums.

The Griffiths Observatory is nice at night.

Try out Umami Burgers for a different take on the burger. Joan's on Third is a great deli in West Hollywood.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 10, 2015
2243 posts
853 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
A few days ago I would have recommended the Anaheim White House Restaurant. But it burned down two days ago. Loudly Crying Face
No political content in signatures (Who did I offend?)
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 9, 2015
46 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
MonctonMan wrote: I really enjoyed my bike trip from Santa Monica to Redondo Beach. Rented the bike in Santa Monica.


Thank you, will definitely go there! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 9, 2015
46 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
coolspot wrote: I would rent a car and drive the Pacific Highway to Santa Monic - it's very nice drive. Preferably a convertible with the top down :D
Sounds fun, will definitely look for a convertible! Thank you!Smiling Face With Open Mouth
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 9, 2015
46 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
AlexiRos wrote: You definitely need to rent a car when in LA if you want to visit a lot of places.

I 2nd the suggestion to drive the PCH to Santa Monica, and then continue on to Malibu. Stop at the Malibu Country Mart and see if you can bump into any TV/movie stars. The drive is beautiful.

Go check out one or both of the Getty museums.

The Griffiths Observatory is nice at night.

Try out Umami Burgers for a different take on the burger. Joan's on Third is a great deli in West Hollywood.
Thank you, will add all of them to my itinerary. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 9, 2015
46 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
poleman wrote: A few days ago I would have recommended the Anaheim White House Restaurant. But it burned down two days ago. Loudly Crying Face
OMG, so sad! Crying Face
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
3123 posts
763 upvotes
Vaughan
I really enjoyed this place called the yardstick, I think that's what it was called. It was located outside the staples center. I not sure what type of food you typically eating, but its more like a moxie's/earl's/milestone's restaurant type. Also over 100 beers on tap, if you're in to that.

If you have time, drive to San Diego. Much nicer than LA imo. its 2 hours away. I really liked the SD zoo. Much much better than the Toronto zoo. I think you could also do whale watching down there.
For Sale

Nothing at the moment
Banned
Feb 8, 2017
54 posts
31 upvotes
I recommend Hearst Castle as well, as well as 6 flags or knotts berry farm. I've been there personally and it's great.
Def try the mex food there. Can't get it legit up here.
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 9, 2015
46 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
phuviano wrote: I really enjoyed this place called the yardstick, I think that's what it was called. It was located outside the staples center. I not sure what type of food you typically eating, but its more like a moxie's/earl's/milestone's restaurant type. Also over 100 beers on tap, if you're in to that.

If you have time, drive to San Diego. Much nicer than LA imo. its 2 hours away. I really liked the SD zoo. Much much better than the Toronto zoo. I think you could also do whale watching down there.

Googled, could not find Yardstick though.... Disappointed Face
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 9, 2015
46 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
NCT127 wrote: I recommend Hearst Castle as well, as well as 6 flags or knotts berry farm. I've been there personally and it's great.
Def try the mex food there. Can't get it legit up here.
Thank you! NCT127 Smiling Face With Open Mouth
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 9, 2015
46 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Finally, business trip set for April. Unfortunately, not enough time to drive around. Not even visiting the Mickey Mouse! :rolleyes: Any more recommendation for dinner?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16622 posts
6883 upvotes
Itsasony wrote: Finally, business trip set for April. Unfortunately, not enough time to drive around. Not even visiting the Mickey Mouse! :rolleyes: Any more recommendation for dinner?
You might want to post where you are staying - traffic in LA is horrible around dinner time and it might be unrealistic to suggest a destination in Santa Monica if you are staying in Glendale.
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 9, 2015
46 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TrevorK wrote: You might want to post where you are staying - traffic in LA is horrible around dinner time and it might be unrealistic to suggest a destination in Santa Monica if you are staying in Glendale.

Thank you for your suggestion, I will be staying in the industrial area (people from LA told me) at Buena Park. Any suggestion?

Top