• Last Updated:
  • May 31st, 2019 3:46 am
[OP]
May 24, 2019
11 posts
1 upvote
Calgary

Should I buy Windows 10 for $35? *Amazon*

Hi, I’m planning a Windows 10 key. However, when shopping I’ve stumbled this key for $35? Of course, I knew this looked fishy but looking the reviews, they were all good; I just wanted to make sure. As a bonus, amazon is pretty trustworthy and I know I will have their support. What do you think? Should I buy from here or should I buy the one from Microsoft? Thanks!

Here is the link: Windows 10 Professional ESD (Electronic Software Download) - License Only https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07HDLDZZ7/ref ... 6CbAH1WMNE
16 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
12330 posts
3571 upvotes
GTA
Way cheaper on ebay. Look for sellers with excellent feedback on same item.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nov 7, 2012
42 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hugh Jass wrote: Way cheaper on ebay. Look for sellers with excellent feedback on same item.
This. I bought my current one for 3GBP or 5ish CAD at the time.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7957 posts
4573 upvotes
Alberta
I wouldn't be so trustworthy about Amazon. Anybody can list anything on their website. There's so much fake stuff on Amazon it's not even funny.
[OP]
May 24, 2019
11 posts
1 upvote
Calgary
How long have you used it for? I heard they only last for a year because Microsoft eventually locks the products key since it’s stolen.
[OP]
May 24, 2019
11 posts
1 upvote
Calgary
Oh, so they are the same? I thought the cheaper one on eBay were worse because of the cheap prices. I guess I’ll look into it. Or should I buy a legit one? Ease the headaches lol.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9810 posts
4744 upvotes
Most likely the same.
If you want legit go to like a bestbuy etc
Telus $45 25GB
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12995 upvotes
If you're paying under $100 for home, it's fake.
Pro is going to be $150.

Either pay full price or KMS it. No point in paying a 3rd party schmuck $5-40 for a illegit key.
Aug 5, 2005
457 posts
242 upvotes
death_hawk wrote:
Either pay full price or KMS it. No point in paying a 3rd party schmuck $5-40 for a illegit key.
This is true and there ain't no way around it. And, everyone knows what the legit price is roughly
If they thumb you down I will up it just because
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2012
1075 posts
472 upvotes
TORONTO
If you're going to pay $5/10 to a rando internet guy... you might as well just pirate it. Either pay full price or nothing at all.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1862 posts
1689 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Tons of awful advice posted here. Like the other poster said. Get a key on ebay for like 1-10$ from a good seller. I got a key from ebay since like 2014 when i built my pc and its still working and valid perfectly today. I even bought 2 more like 2 years ago, one for a laptop and one for my friends pc. Both still valid and working flawless.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12995 upvotes
blackbirdman wrote: Tons of awful advice posted here.
Including this post.
Like the other poster said. Get a key on ebay for like 1-10$ from a good seller. I got a key from ebay since like 2014 when i built my pc and its still working and valid perfectly today. I even bought 2 more like 2 years ago, one for a laptop and one for my friends pc. Both still valid and working flawless.
No one said they wouldn't work.
They only stop working if you try to reactivate at a later date (for example after a format).
Once activated always activated.

But that's not the point. A 3rd party is profiting off your piracy.
You may as well save the $1-10 and KMS it.

I only bought keys because it was convenient. I paid $10 for a MAK that I used on dozens of machines.
Then it got killed. So now I KMS.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
12925 posts
2221 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Better to donate the money to the cracktivation developers than to pay money to pirate. (and by developers, I don't mean the guys who takes someone else's code and repackages it in a GUI with spinning skulls)
A working key is not the same as a legitimate software licence.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7242 posts
2040 upvotes
T dot 6
akswun wrote: you might as well just pirate it.
This is terrible advice. There is enough malware on pirated software but to potentially risk getting malware at an OS level is insane.

Just buy a key on Ebay and download the Windows iso from MS or buy a legit copy from Microsoft.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
12925 posts
2221 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Yeah, man, stay away from those P2P networks ;) .
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12995 upvotes
Jaytee wrote: This is terrible advice. There is enough malware on pirated software but to potentially risk getting malware at an OS level is insane.
Only if you're the worst pirate I've ever heard of.