• Last Updated:
  • Apr 22nd, 2020 12:04 am
Tags:
[OP]
Member
Feb 13, 2018
482 posts
501 upvotes

Show me a deal

For those that claims the market is going to crash, please post good deals here? (this site is for deals, right?

Criteria: At least down 10-15%+ from recent comparable?

I don't see much deal out there yet? except assignment deals.

Deals only. Please no childish bears (sky is falling) vs. bulls (sky is the limit) posts.
65 replies
Sr. Member
Oct 13, 2011
759 posts
486 upvotes
I think the problem is list price doesn't mean anything. Buyers only find out they got a deal when their lowball offer is accepted in the resale market.
Sr. Member
Jan 5, 2020
540 posts
603 upvotes
rfdchan wrote: For those that claims the market is going to crash, please post good deals here? (this site is for deals, right?

Criteria: At least down 10-15%+ from recent comparable?

I don't see much deal out there yet? except assignment deals.

Deals only. Please no childish bears (sky is falling) vs. bulls (sky is the limit) posts.
There were some recent sales that were definitely deals. Look at the price difference between unit #1508 vs. #1509. The 1509 even has parking...Seems like a huge price decrease unless I'm missing something?
Images
  • Screenshot_20200407-130315_Samsung Internet.jpg
Sr. Member
Apr 18, 2017
571 posts
431 upvotes
Wouldn’t be much of a deal if it becomes public/media knowledge
Jr. Member
Sep 23, 2011
152 posts
92 upvotes
Vaughan
hockeyfan1990 wrote: Wouldn’t be much of a deal if it becomes public/media knowledge
He probably defines deal compared to last year or a month ago...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 30, 2010
2814 posts
577 upvotes
Kagaaruk, NU
lmao this bear vs bull thing is approaching Tiger King level insanity
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
4620 posts
2266 upvotes
Toronto
there are no deals yet because people are not selling. and you still have a lot of buyers on the sideline. buyers are expecting prices to fall. sellers are not willing unless desperate. so far I have not seen any desperate selling .
Full-time Realtor
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
12569 posts
7798 upvotes
Newuserid wrote: There were some recent sales that were definitely deals. Look at the price difference between unit #1508 vs. #1509. The 1509 even has parking...Seems like a huge price decrease unless I'm missing something?
I wonder if the square footage is the same. It’s not that 09 got a deal. More like 08 seriously overpaid or there was a mistake on the listing. If you look at previous sales...the 09 price is more in line than the 08 one. 08 makes no sense. Need more info. I’m curious if thry are the exact same layouts.
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
12569 posts
7798 upvotes
oasis100 wrote: there are no deals yet because people are not selling. and you still have a lot of buyers on the sideline. buyers are expecting prices to fall. sellers are not willing unless desperate. so far I have not seen any desperate selling .
There will be deals now, just not a lot of them. I think the deals could come later. Need more layoffs, more news stories about it being a buyers market.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2010
2878 posts
795 upvotes
there will be deals when investors are selling not those owner occupied ones. For that to happen, there has to be serious destruction in rental market. I have yet to see that happen.
Sr. Member
Jan 5, 2020
540 posts
603 upvotes
JayLove06 wrote: I wonder if the square footage is the same. It’s not that 09 got a deal. More like 08 seriously overpaid or there was a mistake on the listing. If you look at previous sales...the 09 price is more in line than the 08 one. 08 makes no sense. Need more info. I’m curious if thry are the exact same layouts.
Not only is it the exact same layout and square footage, it faces the same direction with the same view. It goes to show that prices went up significantly in 2020.

You could argue that 08 overpaid but I think 09 would have sold easily for $50k more if it wasn't for covid.
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
12569 posts
7798 upvotes
Newuserid wrote: Not only is it the exact same layout and square footage, it faces the same direction with the same view. It goes to show that prices went up significantly in 2020.

You could argue that 08 overpaid but I think 09 would have sold easily for $50k more if it wasn't for covid.
But 08 sold AFTER 09 for more money and no parking. That's why I'm confused.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2014
1056 posts
396 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
The deals are coming.

If possible, try to not sell in the next 2-3 years.

Cash is king.

Not relevant to this topic but thank goodness oil tanked (it's going lower btw).
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
5768 posts
2931 upvotes
Thornhill
There are deals

many deals

hire a Realtor to find them for you

rather than look to people to find them for you.

A couple weeks ago I mentioned a liting in the east end that would be a steal

It was a steal.
Sr. Member
Oct 21, 2016
792 posts
526 upvotes
JayLove06 wrote: There will be deals now, just not a lot of them. I think the deals could come later. Need more layoffs, more news stories about it being a buyers market.
People will be living off cerb and EI for a while 2k for their teenage kids and 2k for each parent . Lots of free money to go around .

Top