62 posts
58 upvotes
Mississauga

[Showcase.ca] $20 of PPE for free in Ontario

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Showcase.ca
More offers from Showcase.ca
Hey everyone! Long time lurker, long time RFDer. Got this email from Showcase and wanted to share.

If you're looking for some extra personal protective equipment, use coupon code PPE20FAMILY to get 20 dollars worth of PPE for free from Showcase. If you're running a business, use coupon code PPE40BUSINESS for 40 dollars worth of free PPE. Hope some of you take advantage of this freebie and get you and your families safe :)
Images
  • showcase.PNG
Thread Summary
PPE Giveaway & Regulations

Click HERE to download a printable PDF.

Free Shipping Options

We offer free Canada-wide shipping on all orders over or equal to $50 before taxes. Most orders placed with our free shipping option ship via FedEx using our standard shipping service.

A $9.99 Shipping Fee applies to any order under $50 before taxes. All orders ship via FedEx using our standard shipping service.
51 replies
May 3, 2007
486 posts
618 upvotes
Toronto
Good find , I’ll pass for people who actually needs it.
“If you buy things you do not need, soon you will have to sell things you need.”
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
5682 posts
5903 upvotes
Toronto
Frankie1984 wrote: Hey everyone! Long time lurker, long time RFDer. Got this email from Showcase and wanted to share.

If you're looking for some extra personal protective equipment, use coupon code PPE20FAMILY to get 20 dollars worth of PPE for free from Showcase. If you're running a business, use coupon code PPE40BUSINESS for 40 dollars worth of free PPE. Hope some of you take advantage of this freebie and get you and your families safe :)
This is on their website

PPE Giveaway & Regulations

Click HERE to download a printable PDF.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2011
1104 posts
1354 upvotes
$9.99 shipping PLUS $9.99 handle fee if total below $9.99
So you need pay at least $19.98 to get $20 free items
Jul 18, 2018
68 posts
50 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: Read the thread summary under post #1.

$50+ gets you free shipping
Yup i already saw that but i was wondering maybe there could be any other way via which somehow get free shipping without spending 50 dollars on top
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
6304 posts
343 upvotes
Scarborough
Thank you, put an order through
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1856 posts
11008 upvotes
Honestly this is pretty smart on their part. Most will spend the $50+ to get free shipping, and their items have such high margins (including the $20 worth of PPE) they’re still coming out ahead on profit AND looking like a charity/good news story.

Win win. Well played, Showcase.
Jul 25, 2017
741 posts
230 upvotes
Leverage wrote: Honestly this is pretty smart on their part. Most will spend the $50+ to get free shipping, and their items have such high margins (including the $20 worth of PPE) they’re still coming out ahead on profit AND looking like a charity/good news story.

You are correct. Actually very smart of them.... even if you get the the mimum you still have to pay $10+ to get the items shipped out.
Thinking of canceling now
Apr 16, 2019
503 posts
522 upvotes
Leverage wrote: Honestly this is pretty smart on their part. Most will spend the $50+ to get free shipping, and their items have such high margins (including the $20 worth of PPE) they’re still coming out ahead on profit AND looking like a charity/good news story.

Agreed. Good strategy.
Hopefully people and businesses will compare prices with other suppliers like Costco Slightly Smiling Face
Screenshot_20210612_033317_com.instacart.client.jpg
Images
  • Screenshot_20210612_033604_com.costco.app.android.jpg
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
20384 posts
7816 upvotes
Toronto
Just here to remind people, not all PPE is the same.

I'm not saying this is crap, I haven't touched it but you can certainly "cheap out" when it comes to this stuff - I know because I've used cheap stuff first hand
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9657 posts
6384 upvotes
Toronto
I’m fine with shipping, but a $10 handling fee seems excessive.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1531 posts
5463 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Wow. The same company that held everyone over the barrel during the first few months of the pandemic with their astronomically inflated prices for sanitizer and other PPE? No thanks. Pass. Wallet is safe.
What's in your wallet?
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
2630 posts
1458 upvotes
BlackXstar wrote: $9.99 shipping PLUS $9.99 handle fee if total below $9.99
I just checked out with $20 worth of free ppe and only paid $11 shipping. No handling fee.
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
15470 posts
3766 upvotes
Toronto
BlackXstar wrote: $9.99 shipping PLUS $9.99 handle fee if total below $9.99
These stores have in-store pickup so you can just get a few items for 20 and just pay the taxes on it. Not sure if there is any other fees
Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Oct 14, 2004
292 posts
171 upvotes
$20.96 before tax, paid $12.38 all included. Thanks OP.
Jul 18, 2019
520 posts
1154 upvotes
North York ON
Spawk1028 wrote: Wow. The same company that held everyone over the barrel during the first few months of the pandemic with their astronomically inflated prices for sanitizer and other PPE? No thanks. Pass. Wallet is safe.
Yeah this is them clearing out space because nobody will buy from them when everyone is selling PPE.

Is the $20 in PPE even worth the $10 shipping? It sure isn't for them. And they have commercial accounts so they never pay that much for shipping.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2011
1231 posts
417 upvotes
MARKHAM
I've got enough masks to last me till next year.
I'm going to grab that UV-C pouch though, neat.
Oct 16, 2019
17 posts
37 upvotes
Showcase deserves a million boos for the way they gouged people during the pandemic. I was in one of their stores back in March 2020 when things were starting to get dark and they were selling 200ml bottles of hand sanitizer for $30. I hope they get stuck with every piece of excess inventory they tried to screw the public with. Otherwise, let's see if they consciousness to donate it, rather than dump it, which is what most of their merchandise deserves.