[ecofitt.ca] Showerhead Kits low flow from Hydro Quebec CHEAP

Deal Link:
Price:
$18+
Retailer:
Hydro Quebec
More offers from ecofitt.ca
Just received this offer by e-mail.

You obviously need to be a Hydro Quebec client to be eligible to this offer.

They offer different types of low flow models ranging from a handheld to a rainfall showerhead.

Prices are really cheap and free shipping to boot.

You can also add individual parts at checkout.
| Intel I7 9700K | Asus Z390-E Gaming | Kingston HX426C13PB3k2/32 @ 2666mhz | Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super | 970 Evo Plus 500gb NVMe | Seasonic 750PX | Define R6 USB-C | H115I Pro | Klipsch R-41PM | Dell U3818DW | Logitech Craft | Logitech MX Master 3S |
27 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
2373 posts
791 upvotes
Whitehorse
Beware! Those things might be The HORROR!

I don't know about the specific brand they have there, but I have very bad experience with similar water saving devices. They create a horrible horrible noise that makes some people literally lose orientation, to the point they hurt themselves buy bumping into walls or furniture.

The noise is not only present when new. Even after several days of constant waterflow, the noise stays.

The noise is so loud that it passes through walls, transversing several apartments. If you've ever experienced an apartment building outfitted with those, you can hear everytime a neighbour uses water. Don't worry, it subsides after a few days to weeks. People will quickly replace these torture devices with humane installations.

If they do not, the main water drain will clog up within a year or two, leading to costly repairs for the municipality. The reduced water volumes enables fatty substances and other things going down the drain to cling to the pipes. And then it gets nasty.

Some water conservation is good. But don't overdo it.
Jun 5, 2016
593 posts
786 upvotes
You can usually remove the flow limiter
Sep 17, 2007
749 posts
501 upvotes
Toronto
sokolov wrote: Beware! Those things might be The HORROR!

I don't know about the specific brand they have there, but I have very bad experience with similar water saving devices. They create a horrible horrible noise that makes some people literally lose orientation, to the point they hurt themselves buy bumping into walls or furniture.

The noise is not only present when new. Even after several days of constant waterflow, the noise stays.

The noise is so loud that it passes through walls, transversing several apartments. If you've ever experienced an apartment building outfitted with those, you can hear everytime a neighbour uses water. Don't worry, it subsides after a few days to weeks. People will quickly replace these torture devices with humane installations.

If they do not, the main water drain will clog up within a year or two, leading to costly repairs for the municipality. The reduced water volumes enables fatty substances and other things going down the drain to cling to the pipes. And then it gets nasty.

Some water conservation is good. But don't overdo it.
Damn, that's the most negative comment I've ever seen. Lol this review has a potential to shut down a company!
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1404 posts
849 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote: Damn, that's the most negative comment I've ever seen. Lol this review has a potential to shut down a company!
I feel scared after reading this review. I think im hearing it, this noiiiiise...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
2855 posts
856 upvotes
Montreal
His post is about his own experience and doesnt mention the brand or anything.

Chances are that it's not the same brand.
| Intel I7 9700K | Asus Z390-E Gaming | Kingston HX426C13PB3k2/32 @ 2666mhz | Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super | 970 Evo Plus 500gb NVMe | Seasonic 750PX | Define R6 USB-C | H115I Pro | Klipsch R-41PM | Dell U3818DW | Logitech Craft | Logitech MX Master 3S |
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
2855 posts
856 upvotes
Montreal
This is one of the models that are available. Doesnt seem noisy at all!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmDTAr3sYVo
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3853 posts
2619 upvotes
Ontario
Hell no. Our water here in gatineau feels like a water jet. I rather keep it that way ;)
---
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1754 posts
1171 upvotes
Calgary
All I can think of is a Seinfeld episode.
Dec 5, 2008
87 posts
26 upvotes
Montreal
"The City of Brossard is offering its residents a 15,00$ rebate on the purchase of kits to save water and energy" and I 'll give it a try.
Jun 14, 2011
545 posts
167 upvotes
Montreal
As a FYI, they claim a reduced water use of 40 %. I was looking for that information, so I thought would want to know.

I am curious at how it's possible to reduce water consumption by 40 % yet not feel the difference or stay comfortable.

Any real user here can give their opinion?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13015 upvotes
There's a reason why they're cheap: Low flow sucks.
LH2712 wrote: As a FYI, they claim a reduced water use of 40 %. I was looking for that information, so I thought would want to know.

I am curious at how it's possible to reduce water consumption by 40 % yet not feel the difference or stay comfortable.

While I haven't tested out OP's exact shower head, I've been through enough showers between hotels, apartments, houses, etc to know that high flow is where it's at.
In Alberta it's not so bad with a low flow because soap actually gets rinsed off of you.
But in BC, I can stand under a shower for an hour and still have soap residue on me.

To counter that, I have a Giessdorf: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006WPZ4JE/
The thing just DUMPS water on me.

I went from a low flow fixture where I'd spend 30 minutes in the shower to one of those where I can be in and out in 5 minutes and feel cleaner than I did with my original shower head.

So I personally don't buy the water savings. Sure you save 40% if you take the same length shower, but considering my shower is at least 3x longer I'm actually using 50% MORE water.
Nov 26, 2003
569 posts
436 upvotes
GTA
LH2712 wrote: As a FYI, they claim a reduced water use of 40 %. I was looking for that information, so I thought would want to know.

I’ve used a couple different showerheads from this company-- Niagara Conservation.
There were no issues with noise. I think sokolov is talking about some water conserving types that mix air to increase pressure (I think Delta makes a model like this).
The models shown appear to be rated for 1.5 gallons per minute which will be a difficult switch for some. Their previous 2.0 GPM models would probably be an easier switch.

p.s.I now use a Speakman Anystream Icon 8-Jet showerhead (max 2.5 GPM) and control the flow myself.

fremmy wrote: You can usually remove the flow limiter
There is no flow limiter to remove--it's part of the unit.
Aug 16, 2014
278 posts
251 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
$24 shipped... why are people even thinking about this
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10162 posts
2788 upvotes
Montreal, QC

40% saving is based on a 2.5 GPM shower head, I got the Sava one and no complains here, these are pressure compensated so even if it's low flow, it still feels good, I do have some 1 GPM aerator from Danco and those are noisy indeed and I suspect they are simply flow restricted as opposed to pressure compensated, I suppose the higher the pressure, the noisier they potentially get, in that case you may want to install a pressure reducing valve which also has other benefits.
Keep in mind that your faucet aerator may already be a water saving one, 1.5 GPM are pretty common place, kitchen faucet can be 1.8 to 2.2 GPM, rare will you find 2.5 GPM faucet aerator nowadays

I wish they sold non aerating/multiple laminar pressure compensated 1 GPM spray kind you'll find in commercial buildings, I've had a hard time locating those online, maybe I should drop by a plumbing store, none of the big box store carry them

Neoperl https://www.amazon.com/Neoperl-Faucet-A ... B002B8RP52, equivalent Niagara conservation model # N3210N, retail N3601N, etc
Alt1ma wrote: The Sava Spa Showerhead seems to have good reviews:

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/sava-spa-sh ... hrelevance
Yep that's the one I got, plus an extender arm, also $14 on Amazon
stang wrote: I’ve used a couple different showerheads from this company-- Niagara Conservation.
There were no issues with noise. I think sokolov is talking about some water conserving types that mix air to increase pressure (I think Delta makes a model like this).
The models shown appear to be rated for 1.5 gallons per minute which will be a difficult switch for some. Their previous 2.0 GPM models would probably be an easier switch.
There's an intermediate Sava at 1.75 GPM too, $13 at Walmart

The N2150 is also quite nice, made out of brass as opposed to plastic, available in a custom kit

I don't get why someone on RFD would want a high flow shower head or remove the flow limiter, it's all about savings here, not only you save water but you save on hot water heating bill as well (electricity/gas)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9598 posts
1853 upvotes
Toronto
In Ontario if you save Electricity you get charged more therefore if you save too much water ....
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13015 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote: I don't get why someone on RFD would want a high flow shower head or remove the flow limiter, it's all about savings here, not only you save water but you save on hot water heating bill as well (electricity/gas)
I save more water with a high flow than I do with a low flow.
My showers were at minimum 20 minutes with a low flow just to get all the soap off of me.
Now mine are 10 minutes.

40% water savings vs 50% shorter showers so I am saving money.
Net gain. Plus I get an extra 10 minutes to screw around.

Now... if you're the type to just sit under the shower for an hour then sure, you'll save money with a low flow.
But if you're like me where you [expletive deleted] or get off the pot[s/] shower then you're better off with a high flow.

It's the same idea with a kitchen faucet.
I'm not rinsing the dishes by hand. I'm filling large things like stock pots or my sous vide container.
If it's too slow (and it is) I end up walking away while it fills. I get distracted and waste a bunch of water.
When I get one that's 17GPM instead of 2.5GPM I'm going to stick around for the 30 seconds it'll take to fill the pot instead of 3 minutes.