• Oct 31st, 2004 3:00 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 11, 2001
696 posts
Vancouver, BC

SHu Sha Ya Richmond (Beware)

Stay away from this piece of crap restaurant. I was there on Saturday night and these are the disturbing things I witnessed since I was sitting close to the kitchen.

1. Stupid waiter drops the order sheet on the floor (you know, that sheet which has a table number written on it and put on top of the food so he knows which table to take it.) He drops it on the oily gruesome floor, picks it up and voila, puts it back onto the food.

2. Stupid waiters there carry 2 or 3 trays of food. The gross thing is one tray partially lays on top of the bottem tray (on one arm), so the bottom of the top tray is touching the dishes of food on the bottom tray. Those trays are disqusting because not only are they used for delivering food, they are also used to take away dirty dishes. :mad:

Needless to say, I got food poisoning that same night and the toilet was my buddy that evening.

I'm never going back and I urge all of you to stay away this from this disqusting restaurant with no ethics and nobody there has "food safe" certificate. Bunch of stupid @ssholes. :mad:
17 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
5583 posts
383 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for the warning. I never like this Japanese restaurant especially the one at metrotown. As for the tray thing, I guess every restaurant does it at least once. It is just that you don't see it. Lazy waiter and waitness..
[OP]
Oct 11, 2001
696 posts
Vancouver, BC
Ironically the tray thing i don't think they are being lazy but trying to be too efficient to impress the irresponsible manager. Disqustingly efficient unfortuately.

There is this one waiter he thinks he is like a speedy gonzales and he makes me so sick he is the most horrifying and disturbing employees. There was one point when he was carrying 3 trays of food so both his hands were tied up. Therefore he had to use his feet to push a dirty dish cart to clean the table next to the table he was delivering to. He is so damn stupid. The awkwardness of pushing the cart with his feet slowed him down so much that it would have made sense to deliver the food, then come back for the dirty dish cart. IDIOT! :mad:
jtcb wrote:Thanks for the warning. I never like this Japanese restaurant especially the one at metrotown. As for the tray thing, I guess every restaurant does it at least once. It is just that you don't see it. Lazy waiter and waitness..
Sep 9, 2003
481 posts
Vancouver
I ate there once.... never looked back...
Bad food, poor service, unsanitary.... iono how they manage to stay open...

ud666, it looks like you hang around Richmond...
If u want a buffet... spend the extra buck and go across the street to Aji Taro... I haven't been there for a while but I've always had a good experience there in the past... There's also another restaurant in the area.. (Matsu something?) DO NOT go there.. food is extremely salty...

And for those that hang around Metrotown... I believe that there's a place called Sushi Garden nearby on Kingsway... People that I know highly recommend it... unfortunately... wait is often 30-60 mins...
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2003
1895 posts
187 upvotes
Vancouver
no more for me
Banned
Feb 15, 2004
10735 posts
4 upvotes
jeez. You call that disgusting. I went to this restaurant called S*****, indian, you might be familiar with it. The chefs were smoking while cooking, there was cauliflower oxidizing out in the open and the chefs were taking multiple taste tests.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
A lot of food establishments are unsanitary get over it. Eat at home is the safest. If you eat out it's eat at your own risk at many many many establishments as I've worked at many.
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Banned
Feb 15, 2004
10735 posts
4 upvotes
Degenerate wrote:A lot of food establishments are unsanitary get over it. Eat at home is the safest. If you eat out it's eat at your own risk at many many many establishments as I've worked at many.
Exactly. You know what you put, what happened and the conditions.
Nov 26, 2002
244 posts
Vancouver, BC
I wonder if there is any coincidence that the Metrotown Shu Shi Ya just opended up again after completing renovations to their kitchen. Hmmmm.... :confused:

They're hiring now too. :D
It's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know.

GO CANUCKS GO ! (In 2009)
Dec 24, 2003
760 posts
5 upvotes
wanted wrote:jeez. You call that disgusting. I went to this restaurant called S*****, indian, you might be familiar with it. The chefs were smoking while cooking, there was cauliflower oxidizing out in the open and the chefs were taking multiple taste tests.
Is it Sangam on Hurontario & Dundas??
Mar 23, 2004
227 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver
ud666 wrote:Stay away from this piece of crap restaurant. I was there on Saturday night and these are the disturbing things I witnessed since I was sitting close to the kitchen.

1. Stupid waiter drops the order sheet on the floor (you know, that sheet which has a table number written on it and put on top of the food so he knows which table to take it.) He drops it on the oily gruesome floor, picks it up and voila, puts it back onto the food.

2. Stupid waiters there carry 2 or 3 trays of food. The gross thing is one tray partially lays on top of the bottem tray (on one arm), so the bottom of the top tray is touching the dishes of food on the bottom tray. Those trays are disqusting because not only are they used for delivering food, they are also used to take away dirty dishes. :mad:

Needless to say, I got food poisoning that same night and the toilet was my buddy that evening.

I'm never going back and I urge all of you to stay away this from this disqusting restaurant with no ethics and nobody there has "food safe" certificate. Bunch of stupid @ssholes. :mad:

You could always call the health inspector and make a complaint.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2941 posts
yes, the city of Richmond and Vancouver have a good record of following up complaints. My friend works as one.
the man who trades freedom for security does not deserve
nor will receive either - benjamin franklin
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2001
1020 posts
58 upvotes
Vancouver 1.7EL wrote:I wonder if there is any coincidence that the Metrotown Shu Shi Ya just opended up again after completing renovations to their kitchen. Hmmmm.... :confused:

They're hiring now too. :D
They were closed again a few days ago and used the same excuse of 'kitchen renovations' again. It sucks there anyways.