Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Silent Sports

New 2017 Kiteboarding Kites ~ 70% off

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2019 11:37 am
Feb 4, 2017
75 posts
75 upvotes

New 2017 Kiteboarding Kites ~ 70% off

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
70% off
Retailer:
Silent Sports
Silent Sports is currently liquidating 2017 Slingshot Kites at a fraction of their normal price.

Here is the 2017 9m Slingshot Turbine for $499.99:

https://www.silentsports.com/kiteboardi ... /ks17tu09/

Also, 5m is $379.99, 7m is $399.99 & 11m is $699.99.

Here is the 2017 Slingshot Wave SST 9m for $449.99:

https://www.silentsports.com/kiteboardi ... /ks17wa09/

Here is a link to all of their clearance kites:

https://www.silentsports.com/kiteboardi ... =Clearouts

I am not affiliated with these guys, but I have been a long time customer.

Shipping is extra via Purolator, or free pickup in Thornhill.

These kites will not last long!
Images
  • 17slingshotturbine.jpg
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7949 posts
2868 upvotes
Washington, DC
Deals4me2eh wrote: These kites will not last long!
Hi OP, I have a 2009 Slingshot Fuel. How do the newer kites compare to the older ones?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Feb 4, 2017
75 posts
75 upvotes
I have not used any of the Slingshot kites myself, but I certainly see lots of them in use when I'm out kiteboarding. I have several Ocean Rodeo, Cabrinha & Liquid Force kites. From what I've read, if you've been able to ride the Fuel, you should be good to ride any of the newer Slingshot kites, as the Fuel is generally considered for use by experienced riders. I've read that the Turbine rides as if it was 1m higher (ie 7m rides like a typical 8m, etc), and that they do have a somewhat smaller wind window than some other kites, but they are known for providing huge boost and hang time. The SST seems to be a good all purpose kite (which I ordered yesterday and received today), so I'll be anxious to get out on the water and give it a try. Hope this helps!
Dec 1, 2018
514 posts
567 upvotes
Sorry noobie here, kiteboarding is when the giant kite is in the air and pulls us off?

I won’t go airborne would I..

Either way I’ll be a kite on the 20th
Feb 8, 2017
539 posts
416 upvotes
I've been looking for a 7m kite for windy/gusty days. I'm still a beginner though. Anyone know if the turbine would be a good choice? Says it's good for jumping and for intermediate/advanced riders. I just want to cruise upwind.

Really tempting at this price, even if it's not perfect. My other choices are all around 1000$.
Sep 9, 2004
180 posts
163 upvotes
Vancouver
Where would a beginner find a training kite deal?
Feb 4, 2017
75 posts
75 upvotes
sierravista wrote: I've been looking for a 7m kite for windy/gusty days. I'm still a beginner though. Anyone know if the turbine would be a good choice? Says it's good for jumping and for intermediate/advanced riders. I just want to cruise upwind.

Really tempting at this price, even if it's not perfect. My other choices are all around 1000$.
IMO, The 2018 - 8m Ocean Rodeo Flite at $729.99 would be a great option. I have the 17m & 14.5m Flites, and absolutely love them. They are super light, and will have you rocking upwind in no time.

https://www.silentsports.com/kiteboardi ... /ko18fl5l/
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11213 posts
10058 upvotes
Kootenays
Great to see that Silent Sports is still around! Used to buy windsurfing gear from them in the 80's.
Feb 8, 2017
539 posts
416 upvotes
Deals4me2eh wrote: IMO, The 2018 - 8m Ocean Rodeo Flite at $729.99 would be a great option. I have the 17m & 14.5m Flites, and absolutely love them. They are super light, and will have you rocking upwind in no time.

https://www.silentsports.com/kiteboardi ... /ko18fl5l/
Thanks, I was looking at that one and the Ocean Rodeo Prodigy. The Turbine is almost half the price though! Tempted to just buy it and find out.
Feb 4, 2017
75 posts
75 upvotes
sierravista wrote: Thanks, I was looking at that one and the Ocean Rodeo Prodigy. The Turbine is almost half the price though! Tempted to just buy it and find out.
I am of the same mind, which is why I ordered the lower priced 9m Wave SST & the 7m Turbine to add to my quiver. It's pretty hard to go wrong with a (new) $400 kite! I ordered them on Thursday afternoon, and had them on Friday morning.
Mar 31, 2018
323 posts
422 upvotes
I see the 5m Wave SST is no longer listed. That was about $280 USD which makes it a very hot deal.
The Wave SST in the smaller sizes have been popular kites for foiling ( at least in LaVentana ).
Oct 31, 2014
506 posts
467 upvotes
Victoria, BC
sierravista wrote: I've been looking for a 7m kite for windy/gusty days. I'm still a beginner though. Anyone know if the turbine would be a good choice? Says it's good for jumping and for intermediate/advanced riders. I just want to cruise upwind.

Personally I'd go prodigy for that, especially on gusty days. Flite is great for lightweight riders and/or light winds, but I'd want something a little heavier duty and more stable for gusty conditions, such the prodigy excels at (I have been riding ocean rodeo for about 8 years and have a mix of prodigys and flites, along with razors and rises)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)