Hot Deals

[Silverdale Gun Club] Shoot real guns for 48% off! $59 Ontario. No license needed

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2019 5:45 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
3732 posts
573 upvotes
Cheap introduction to the sport of shooting .
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
9680 posts
9790 upvotes
pfbmgd wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 7:08 am
Cheap introduction to the sport of shooting .
Put simply.

Good wholesome fun.
Oct 9, 2011
805 posts
325 upvotes
GTA
tfong010 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 9:17 pm
Are there any good places on the US side?
Mike2258 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 9:25 pm
Unfortunately no matter where you go this is one of the cheaper deals. I debated doing one of these things when I went to Vegas too, but by the time you add it all together you might as well buy your own ammo and have your own fun. 30 rounds of 223 on a full auto is about $80 and 3secs. My cheap ass can’t afford that.
Did this in Phoenix a couple of years ago with some buddies. We rented 2 lanes and took turns shooting a 1911, Glock, AK47, some kind of AR15 and an M4 - total cost was around $180USD Total time spent was around 2 hours, but most of it was waiting for my turn, loading bullets into the magazine and clearing the jams as the guns weren't cleaned often. One magazine for the M4 lasted all of 30 seconds max and I was shooting 3 round bursts as opposed to full auto, but it was a heck of a lot of fun.

Probably won't do it again though.
1 x Zoomer Wireless $40.50 loyalty plan - 5 GB of data!
5 x Freedom Mobile plans
Ecobee 3 Lite courtesy of Green On (ie tax payers)
Feb 4, 2017
87 posts
132 upvotes
Mike2258 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 9:25 pm
Unfortunately no matter where you go this is one of the cheaper deals. I debated doing one of these things when I went to Vegas too, but by the time you add it all together you might as well buy your own ammo and have your own fun. 30 rounds of 223 on a full auto is about $80 and 3secs. My cheap ass can’t afford that.
There's no full auto in Canada
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
9680 posts
9790 upvotes
dpw198 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 8:13 am
Did this in Phoenix a couple of years ago with some buddies. We rented 2 lanes and took turns shooting a 1911, Glock, AK47, some kind of AR15 and an M4 - total cost was around $180USD Total time spent was around 2 hours, but most of it was waiting for my turn, loading bullets into the magazine and clearing the jams as the guns weren't cleaned often. One magazine for the M4 lasted all of 30 seconds max and I was shooting 3 round bursts as opposed to full auto, but it was a heck of a lot of fun.

Probably won't do it again though.
This level of freedom and enjoyment is rare nowadays.

Sports hunting is still a thing, thankfully.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
1378 posts
469 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 8:22 am
This level of freedom and enjoyment is rare nowadays.

Sports hunting is still a thing, thankfully.
Yeah...I am not sure shooting guns is a freedom, similarly sport killing. I have shot lots of full auto and different hand guns and I would compare it to going axe throwing....fun the first time.

I don't think most people will find this as money well spent, such a short run for 60$, paintballing is much better thrill - getting shot at should get anyone going.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
9680 posts
9790 upvotes
QTheNukes wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 8:35 am
Yeah...I am not sure shooting guns is a freedom, similarly sport killing. I have shot lots of full auto and different hand guns and I would compare it to going axe throwing....fun the first time.

I don't think most people will find this as money well spent, such a short run for 60$, paintballing is much better thrill - getting shot at should get anyone going.
This provides a taste to those uninitiated, it may be tame for the seasoned, but don't underestimate impact.

Getting young boys inoculated on the serious reality of firearms helps raise a generation of stalwarts and businessmen. Paintballing is a low-risk frivolity, good fun, but it lacks the consequential impact.

Social commentary aside, it's a healthy start.
Sep 23, 2010
231 posts
238 upvotes
T Dot
sparkaction wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 2:47 am
Rapid fire is not allowed at most gun ranges.
I'm curious as to why this would not be allowed?

I did this for my bachelor party a few years back and it was a blast! I highly recommend it.
Nov 19, 2005
270 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
This deal is regularly on Groupon in the summer. I've went there once a couple of years ago, I would highly recommend paying extra for one shot of .50 caliber sniper rifle. It's like $15 a pop, but it's soooo cool and so worth it.
Mar 7, 2017
656 posts
282 upvotes
Ham, ON
DON'T DO IT!!!
This is a gateway experience that will prove to be your most expensive RFD rabbit hole hobby by a long shot! (no pun intended).
Stay away and pretend this hobby does not exist, and your wallet will be safe...
That said, I have no regrets :)

Silverdale is a great place with awesome facilities. If you are a glutton for your wallet to be badly abused in your near future, this is the deal for you.
Nov 8, 2005
13 posts
19 upvotes
aquaman123 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 9:46 am
I'm curious as to why this would not be allowed?

I did this for my bachelor party a few years back and it was a blast! I highly recommend it.
Recoil drives the gun back and the barrel up, and this effect is cumulative. So after 2 or 3 shots you're no longer on target, and after another shot or 2 you're firing over the backstop into the sky. With a rifle this is merely dangerous to anything from 2 to more than 5 kms away. With a handgun this is dangerous to everyone in sight, including the shooter.
If you want to rapid fire, you need to join a league and get some experience. IPSC, Cowboy Action, 3-Gun, PPC, etc. Plenty of options.

I have also been to Silverdale for a shooting package with friends. At the time the deal included more rounds, both rifle and pistol were just .22 calibre, and instead of an AR we were shooting clay pigeons with 12ga shotguns. They have a range of guns and calibres you can add on to your package, all the way up to .50.
Mar 7, 2017
656 posts
282 upvotes
Ham, ON
notthesnail wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 11:16 am
Recoil drives the gun back and the barrel up, and this effect is cumulative. So after 2 or 3 shots you're no longer on target, and after another shot or 2 you're firing over the backstop into the sky. With a rifle this is merely dangerous to anything from 2 to more than 5 kms away. With a handgun this is dangerous to everyone in sight, including the shooter.
If you want to rapid fire, you need to join a league and get some experience. IPSC, Cowboy Action, 3-Gun, PPC, etc. Plenty of options.
I have also been to Silverdale for a shooting package with friends. At the time the deal included more rounds, both rifle and pistol were just .22 calibre, and instead of an AR we were shooting clay pigeons with 12ga shotguns. They have a range of guns and calibres you can add on to your package, all the way up to .50.
While this may be a popular rule for "old fashioned" ranges that are ran by and geared mainly towards hunters, "most" ranges certainly do not have these policies as long as everyone is being safe, and not being dangerous to other people. Nobody, even the old guys, at my range get vocal when people are magdumping any pistols/rifles, as long as everyone is doing it safely without posing a risk to others. If you've never shot before, or if you are one of the people who shoot a combined less than 100 rounds a year, just to sight in your deer rifle, then this may be difficult. But with the smallest bit of practice, even my 130lb significant other can mag dump centerfire handguns and rifles with her tiny hands, safely ofcourse. It has everything to do with technique, training, and education, in that order.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
4801 posts
1555 upvotes
Canuckland
Not bad but those rounds go by really quick lol
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
4801 posts
1555 upvotes
Canuckland
DealFixation wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 10:40 am
DON'T DO IT!!!
This is a gateway experience that will prove to be your most expensive RFD rabbit hole hobby by a long shot! (no pun intended).
Stay away and pretend this hobby does not exist, and your wallet will be safe...
That said, I have no regrets :)

Silverdale is a great place with awesome facilities. If you are a glutton for your wallet to be badly abused in your near future, this is the deal for you.
This, don’t find out the hard way lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)