Hot Deals

[Silverdale Gun Club] Shoot real guns for 48% off! $59 Ontario. No license needed

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2019 5:45 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1740 posts
510 upvotes
This is a great deal and actually a lot of fun. Buy one for each person. I've gone 3 times now and each time had great instructors. I paid extra for one of the sniper rifles. It was $20 for a bullet lol.

The instructors know the guns quite well. It's actually interesting hearing about 9mm that cops usually use, the safety measures and the kick you feel.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
23343 posts
8977 upvotes
SomeOtherDude wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 6:31 pm
On the flip side, shooting a rifle accurately is VERY hard.
Shooting a handgun to me is arguably worse.
Every time I bring someone new to the range i set up at 5 yards.
They're always like "Yo! Why so close?"
And without any aiming training (only safety) I tell them "If you can hit the paper, let alone accurately, I'll move it out"
Most people can't even hit an 8x8" target.

At least with a rifle you have a scope and some stability.

Makes you really appreciate and realize is not at all like playing Call of Duty.
Sure it is. I also can't hit a flock of barns in Call of Duty....
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7477 posts
3632 upvotes
ON
satanshollow wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 6:41 pm
Old fudds that's why. Those are the worst ranges to belong to. This isn't the days of muskets anymore where it takes 20 minutes to load the damn thing. The old farts need to get with the times. We are all there for a fun time. Wow, fire off more than 1 round OMG the noise! I'm deaf now with your fancy semi auto! Some ranges only allow 1 round to be loaded at a time, what fun! I belonged to Port Coquitlam range years ago, Wednesday evenings was basically anything goes (within the law of course!) . If you had 10 rounds in a hand gun, empty it as slow or fast as you want. It's your ammo. Same with rifles. There were even gunsmiths who had LEO firearms so they can fire full auto and full non pinned mags. So what, everyone knows the rules and are safe! The RO's made sure everything ran smoothly.
The reason Silverdale started with the "no rapid fire allowed" other than the action range which isn't open to visitors at all and members only if you're black badge qualified(correct me if things have changed in the last year's), was because of idiots on the rifle range shooting over the berms. Some folks cannot control muzzle rise and shooting in rapid fire caused the to fire high enough to go over the berms or so it was claimed by neighbors of the range that complains about rounds making their way to their properties.
Obviously that's something the CFO would love to hear and drop the hammer on, so this being a business above all, the decision was made to raise baffles to avoid this happening again and the no rapid fire rules to keep fingers from being overexerted.
This was about the time I left the place and opted for crown land use with deep regret for my stable of restricteds sitting in the safe all bored...
Dec 24, 2007
646 posts
206 upvotes
Kingston
networksend wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 2:14 pm
Yah but they don’t pull out ammo off the shelf, but from the bulk stash

223 is not $1/round anywhere
Doesn't really matter where they pull it from, you're only buying a handful of rounds, not a box of 1k. 223 pricing is all over the map, $12 to $30+. I just picked middle of the road.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
8983 posts
3570 upvotes
6ix
I thought this was B 4 3, Counter Strike
Koodo customer $40/8GB
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
5434 posts
1627 upvotes
Aurora
satanshollow wrote:
Old fudds that's why. Those are the worst ranges to belong to. This isn't the days of muskets anymore where it takes 20 minutes to load the damn thing. The old farts need to get with the times. We are all there for a fun time. Wow, fire off more than 1 round OMG the noise! I'm deaf now with your fancy semi auto! Some ranges only allow 1 round to be loaded at a time, what fun! I belonged to Port Coquitlam range years ago, Wednesday evenings was basically anything goes (within the law of course!) . If you had 10 rounds in a hand gun, empty it as slow or fast as you want. It's your ammo. Same with rifles. There were even gunsmiths who had LEO firearms so they can fire full auto and full non pinned mags. So what, everyone knows the rules and are safe! The RO's made sure everything ran smoothly.
Sounds cool. Are you allowed to fan revolvers or bump fire semis? Always wanted to try that movie stuff.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
2991 posts
892 upvotes
satanshollow wrote:
that sounds like long ago and then columbine, ruby ridge, waco, 9/11. etc etc happened......
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2015
3694 posts
3384 upvotes
What kind of butter tart are downvoting this thread? This is perfect to learn about guns instead of banning them for legal gun owners cause we all know criminals always abide by laws especially when it comes to guns. I know that criminals read the criminal code before travelling via GTA to Toronto and other cities.
Last edited by TransporterSD on Aug 15th, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please DON'T PM me for SPC codes, kindly ask for them in the Samsung thread's (HOT DEALS) section and I will respond with one.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7477 posts
3632 upvotes
ON
death_hawk wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 7:33 pm
Shooting a handgun to me is arguably worse.
Every time I bring someone new to the range i set up at 5 yards.
They're always like "Yo! Why so close?"
And without any aiming training (only safety) I tell them "If you can hit the paper, let alone accurately, I'll move it out"
Most people can't even hit an 8x8" target.

At least with a rifle you have a scope and some stability.

Sure it is. I also can't hit a flock of barns in Call of Duty....
You must be so rich...all your rifles have scopes ?
I only have one long range rig, the rest is red dots and iron sights.
Being poor in this hobby really sucks when the guy next to you pulls out a Schmidt & Bender and makes your Burris shrink...

but then you see his grouping and feel all better again. Bigger isn't always better, for groupings anyway.Grinning Face
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
2532 posts
1390 upvotes
Kitchener
111swerve wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 9:09 pm
20 rounds using a .22 caliber handgun
20 rounds using a 9mm handgun
10 rounds using a AR15 tactical rifle 223

Def gonna have to buy more rounds though. This is peanuts. 2mins and youre out
Yeah, I seem to recall paying $60 or so for 60 rounds. This included in-class instructions. I can't recall how much each additional round was, but not exactly cheap.
How can we fly like eagles, when we're governed by Turkeys?
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14393 posts
132 upvotes
Mississauga
Don't be a fool. I was not tempted to kill anyone. only losers kill with guns.
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
1655 posts
814 upvotes
Vancouver
Shooting aliens for practising
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2877 posts
1199 upvotes
Waterloo
111swerve wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 9:09 pm
20 rounds using a .22 caliber handgun
20 rounds using a 9mm handgun
10 rounds using a AR15 tactical rifle 223

Def gonna have to buy more rounds though. This is peanuts. 2mins and youre out
Does 1 round = 1 ammo as in 1 shot?
How long will it actually take for this session of 50 rounds?
Last edited by crystallight on Aug 15th, 2019 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.