Expired Hot Deals

[Silverdale Gun Club] Shoot real guns for 48% off! $59 Ontario. No license needed

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2019 5:45 pm
Aug 20, 2017
57 posts
52 upvotes
crystallight wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 11:28 pm
Does 1 round = 1 ammo as in 1 shot?
How long will it actually take for this session of 40 rounds?
Depends on how fast you go pew pew pew.. most ranges have rules for 3-5 seconds between shots.

Ammo wise this is like 10 bucks but you are saving on membership fees, firearms purchasing, insurance etc etc.. great deal if you don’t do it regularly.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7608 posts
3777 upvotes
ON
crystallight wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 11:28 pm
Does 1 round = 1 ammo as in 1 shot?
How long will it actually take for this session of 50 rounds?
Including orientation, I'd say 45min to 1hr depending on how many folks in the group.
As far as actual time spent shooting, I'd say 10 minutes max .
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
23967 posts
9505 upvotes
commanderding wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 11:40 pm
membership fees,
Oh I forgot about this too.
If you plan on owning a restricted firearm, you MUST belong to "something" (be it a range, club, or other qualifying thing) which (in BC) is $50/year minimum for a "club".
This is only a club. No shooting here.
If you want to actually shoot, that's more like hundreds per year. I personally pay $220/year.
This particular range is $300/year.

Sure it's $10 worth of ammo, but if you're not a member here, it's at minimum a $20 drop in fee. Plus you still have to be a member of a "club".

It's an expensive hobby.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7608 posts
3777 upvotes
ON
death_hawk wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 3:07 pm
Oh I forgot about this too.
If you plan on owning a restricted firearm, you MUST belong to "something" (be it a range, club, or other qualifying thing) which (in BC) is $50/year minimum for a "club".
This is only a club. No shooting here.
If you want to actually shoot, that's more like hundreds per year. I personally pay $220/year.
This particular range is $300/year.

Sure it's $10 worth of ammo, but if you're not a member here, it's at minimum a $20 drop in fee. Plus you still have to be a member of a "club".

It's an expensive hobby.
Not in Ontario. At least we have something to brag about in this instance.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
23967 posts
9505 upvotes
dilligafeh wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 3:11 pm
Not in Ontario. At least we have something to brag about in this instance.
Really?

Firearms laws confuse me....

EDIT: I'll take that trade though.
I like BC's CFOs. Apparently Ontario's are... yeah....
Mar 7, 2017
660 posts
289 upvotes
Ham, ON
death_hawk wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 3:23 pm
Really?

Firearms laws confuse me....

EDIT: I'll take that trade though.
I like BC's CFOs. Apparently Ontario's are... yeah....
To my knowledge, it is because someone challenged the CFO here (because it is not a law but one of their made up/feel good restrictions), so it set a precedent for this, but only in Ontario. I don't believe this has been challenged in court for other provinces... however, I did hear of a guy in a province that was not Ontario, who threatened to take his respective CFO to court over this (with the goal to set that precedent in his province as well), and the CFO figured out why he was challenging them, and they conceded in that specific case and let him own them without a range membership, so they could keep threatening that process on other people who were not lawyers by trade like this guy. Can not find a source for this, but read it on CGN not that long ago.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
23967 posts
9505 upvotes
DealFixation wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 3:28 pm
because it is not a law
Hmm. I always thought it was a law.
Not that it makes any sense anyway... it's not like the CFO doesn't know exactly what restricted firearms I have anyway....
Why complicate things? (Don't answer that...)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7608 posts
3777 upvotes
ON
DealFixation wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 3:28 pm
To my knowledge, it is because someone challenged the CFO here (because it is not a law but one of their made up/feel good restrictions), so it set a precedent for this, but only in Ontario. I don't believe this has been challenged in court for other provinces... however, I did hear of a guy in a province that was not Ontario, who threatened to take his respective CFO to court over this (with the goal to set that precedent in his province as well), and the CFO figured out why he was challenging them, and they conceded in that specific case and let him own them without a range membership, so they could keep threatening that process on other people who were not lawyers by trade like this guy. Can not find a source for this, but read it on CGN not that long ago.
Good old Cyclone...he went to bat for us here.
You can own all the restricted firearms you want without a range membership, they just want you to declare you're a collector and agree to have them inspect your collection when they feel like it.
And that is the issue with allowing non elected officials dictate their own policies as if they were laws.
Mar 7, 2017
660 posts
289 upvotes
Ham, ON
dilligafeh wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 3:47 pm
Good old Cyclone...he went to bat for us here.
You can own all the restricted firearms you want without a range membership, they just want you to declare you're a collector and agree to have them inspect your collection when they feel like it.
And that is the issue with allowing non elected officials dictate their own policies as if they were laws.
Was it Cyclone that did that?
And you do NOT have to declare yourself a collector and be subject to those ridiculous "inspections". You can say it is for target shooting, and have intentions to join XYZ range, but are unable to join at the moment as they are no longer taking any more members for the year. This is what I did at first (for a few years as well), now I am a member of a range though.
Nov 21, 2015
74 posts
20 upvotes
Vanier, ON
SomeOtherDude wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 6:31 pm
Everyone should have the life experience of shooting a gun. Its a respect thing.
If you take it seriously, having that loaded killing tool in your hand for the first time is scary - in the blink of an eye you can take away someone's life.

On the flip side, shooting a rifle accurately is VERY hard. Makes you really appreciate and realize is not at all like playing Call of Duty.
^^^^This^^^^^
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
23967 posts
9505 upvotes
dilligafeh wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 3:47 pm
agree to have them inspect your collection when they feel like it.
It's been a while since I've read the firearms act, but I could swear there's a section of it where this is a thing all the time, not just with collector status.
Mar 7, 2017
660 posts
289 upvotes
Ham, ON
death_hawk wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 4:20 pm
It's been a while since I've read the firearms act, but I could swear there's a section of it where this is a thing all the time, not just with collector status.
It is applicable to regular target shooters as well IF you own more than 10 restricteds.
Aug 6, 2019
3 posts
SomeOtherDude wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 6:31 pm
Everyone should have the life experience of shooting a gun. Its a respect thing.
If you take it seriously, having that loaded killing tool in your hand for the first time is scary - in the blink of an eye you can take away someone's life.

On the flip side, shooting a rifle accurately is VERY hard. Makes you really appreciate and realize is not at all like playing Call of Duty.
I really wish open air (no baffles) 500m+ military style ranges were more common too. Being indoors or between loud echoing stalls is just not as enjoyable. My fondest memory shooting during my time as a reservist was at sunset at the Meaford machine gun range. It was the end of the day so we needed to finish everything, thus the word of command was for "200 round bursts". The final belt was of course finished by an instructor demonstrating the infamous "AA gun" hip shooting :)
Feb 18, 2014
316 posts
165 upvotes
Did this 5-6 years ago, it was ok except for the weather, it had rained the previous day and we were forced to walk in mud, what a mess. They had some huge guns there, I believe you had to pay extra to use them, so loud when they were fired.