Hot Deals

[Silverdale Gun Club] Shoot real guns for 48% off! $59 Ontario. No license needed

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2019 5:45 pm
Apr 12, 2011
660 posts
528 upvotes
Etobicoke
Thanks OP, I bought two 'tickets'

But now I am worried, if I bring a friend, will my 2 tickets be ok? They are both in my name.. Does each person have to buy his/her own ticket? Any info is appreciated.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7500 posts
3659 upvotes
ON
DealFixation wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 3:54 pm
Was it Cyclone that did that?
And you do NOT have to declare yourself a collector and be subject to those ridiculous "inspections". You can say it is for target shooting, and have intentions to join XYZ range, but are unable to join at the moment as they are no longer taking any more members for the year. This is what I did at first (for a few years as well), now I am a member of a range though.
Yeah, it was. I know him personally. Very bright fella.
You're missing my point. You might want to reread what I wrote.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7500 posts
3659 upvotes
ON
DealFixation wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 4:31 pm
It is applicable to regular target shooters as well IF you own more than 10 restricteds.
Correct. They call that a "firearm cache" ...lol !!! They need to keep tabs on you.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7500 posts
3659 upvotes
ON
fishscale4sale wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 6:20 pm
Thanks OP, I bought two 'tickets'

But now I am worried, if I bring a friend, will my 2 tickets be ok? They are both in my name.. Does each person have to buy his/her own ticket? Any info is appreciated.
They don't care about the name on the ticket. One person per ticket should be all they care about.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
40968 posts
4752 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
dilligafeh wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 7:05 pm
They don't care about the name on the ticket. One person per ticket should be all they care about.
Do you still update that shooting range open house thread in off topic? (I think it was you if im not mistaken).
That one time your club had a bbq + range day was a cool idea. Do they do that every summer?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7500 posts
3659 upvotes
ON
UrbanPoet wrote:
Aug 16th, 2019 11:48 am
Do you still update that shooting range open house thread in off topic? (I think it was you if im not mistaken).
That one time your club had a bbq + range day was a cool idea. Do they do that every summer?
No, it wasn't me. I think they still do that and the pumpkin shoot in the fall.
Nov 8, 2005
15 posts
20 upvotes
DealFixation wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 11:26 am
While this may be a popular rule for "old fashioned" ranges that are ran by and geared mainly towards hunters, "most" ranges certainly do not have these policies as long as everyone is being safe, and not being dangerous to other people. Nobody, even the old guys, at my range get vocal when people are magdumping any pistols/rifles, as long as everyone is doing it safely without posing a risk to others. If you've never shot before, or if you are one of the people who shoot a combined less than 100 rounds a year, just to sight in your deer rifle, then this may be difficult. But with the smallest bit of practice, even my 130lb significant other can mag dump centerfire handguns and rifles with her tiny hands, safely ofcourse. It has everything to do with technique, training, and education, in that order.
I'm just providing a rationale. Notice that my recommendation involved activities that provide instruction and practice.
As the member of an indoor gun range, I see first-hand what happens when people are careless with their aiming and handling of firearms. Bullet strikes on the ceiling, walls and floor, and not that far from the firing line, either. Do you know how far off target you need to be to hit the floor or ceiling at 5 yards from the line? Some people should just not use firearms. Or bows. Or knives. Or sticks, even.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
40968 posts
4752 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
notthesnail wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 10:04 am
I'm just providing a rationale. Notice that my recommendation involved activities that provide instruction and practice.
As the member of an indoor gun range, I see first-hand what happens when people are careless with their aiming and handling of firearms. Bullet strikes on the ceiling, walls and floor, and not that far from the firing line, either. Do you know how far off target you need to be to hit the floor or ceiling at 5 yards from the line? Some people should just not use firearms. Or bows. Or knives. Or sticks, even.
They took away 24 hr guest privileges @ my range.
Now only members can be in the range past certain designated hours.
But yah... someone shot a hole in the ceiling!!!
Only weeks after they installed new deflectors... and the hole was @ the weirdest section ever. It musta ricochet off somewhere or something and hit it. Bc they were good deflectors...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)