• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2020 12:20 am
[OP]
Nov 21, 2017
848 posts
475 upvotes
Surrey BC

Similar Programs Like Itunes For S20 Plus

Sorry guys thought I'd ask this here . Had an iPhone 5 for a long time and I finally upgraded and got an S20 plus. I'm wondering what does Android use thats similar to iTunes. I have a lot of songs on there and I want to be able to have them on my S20. Googling it didn't really give me answers. Bottom line does Android have a default music buying app like Itunes .
5 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
17237 posts
7077 upvotes
Oakville
Google Play Music exists, but if I'm not mistaken you can still use the Apple Music subscriptions on Android too.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
3893 posts
2142 upvotes
Gotham
I use Google Play Music. It is changing to YouTube music later this year. If you are wanting to use an app like iTunes on your phone, I find Google Play Music is the best for a large library. The Samsung Music Player app can't shuffle and/or play beyond 10k songs in a library.

I'm not really into buying digital music online, but tried it out and it works well. I've got a fair amount of music loaded on my phone can play it with no connection on a plane, etc. It can play online also. I uploaded my music collection (about 20k songs ripped from CDs at mostly 320kbs on iTunes) to Google Play Music also to try that out. You can upload 50k songs and play them from any device for free. I don't really need to as I've got the collection synced between all of my devices.

They want you to pay a monthly fee and then you can play whatever music you like. Similar to Apple Music. I'm not the target audience because I still buy CDs.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
3612 posts
1001 upvotes
GTA
batcave wrote: I use Google Play Music. It is changing to YouTube music later this year.
Its changing to android music next year knowing google.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
3893 posts
2142 upvotes
Gotham
shabby wrote: Its changing to android music next year knowing google.
Yeah, probably.

I just used YouTube Music for a day. I don't like it because it looks/feels like YouTube but with a tab where my music library is. I rarely watch videos so that part is not useful for me. It feels like part YouTube, part Spotify, part iTunes. A bit unfocused. I primarily play my music library while I am in my car or on a plane. I don't need to watch videos while I drive. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Banned
May 20, 2020
464 posts
301 upvotes
City of Toronto
flipper316 wrote: Sorry guys thought I'd ask this here . Had an iPhone 5 for a long time and I finally upgraded and got an S20 plus. I'm wondering what does Android use thats similar to iTunes. I have a lot of songs on there and I want to be able to have them on my S20. Googling it didn't really give me answers. Bottom line does Android have a default music buying app like Itunes .
Have you tried Apple Music on Android?

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT205365