Dec 28, 2006
2629 posts
536 upvotes

[Vancouver only] Specialized Bike gloves $9.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Simon's Bike Shop
Simon's Bike Shop in Downtown Vancouver is clearing out a bunch of bike gloves for $9.99. I think regular price varies from $30 to $50. Some models I saw was the Specialized BG Sport Gel Men's and Women's. There's a big bin right at the front of the store.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2815 posts
4341 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
How do bike gloves differ from regular gloves i would wear on the street?
Better grip on the handlebar? Is there something that keeps hands warm while biking in fall/winter...that is classified as a bike glove?
Dec 26, 2010
163 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
stovetop wrote: How do bike gloves differ from regular gloves i would wear on the street?
Better grip on the handlebar? Is there something that keeps hands warm while biking in fall/winter...that is classified as a bike glove?
Typically a leather (or similar) palm for grip & abrasion resistance, padding for comfort, and (sometimes) additional features like a snot wipe on the back of the hand, etc.
Sep 18, 2007
40 posts
39 upvotes
I think that bin is always there - stock is random so you have to dig a bit but there are good finds in there.

Simon is a good guy, despite sometimes seeming a bit brash. Upvote because he runs a good shop and this is a business I support.
Feb 12, 2002
738 posts
155 upvotes
Vancouver
Didn't know they were still around, mostly Asian restaurants around the area of the old shop.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
1520 posts
1075 upvotes
BC
Might check it out next time I'm in DT. Thx OP
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
1520 posts
1075 upvotes
BC
Lots of different sizes and colors to choose from for children, women and men

Never used biking gloves before but the padding looks good on them... We'll find out Spring/Summer