Cell Phones

Simple Android phone for father-in-law

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2021 4:21 am
Dec 26, 2020
22 posts
7 upvotes

Simple Android phone for father-in-law

Hi guys looking for recommendations for simple phone for FIL.
  • Android
  • Screen less than 6"
  • Good/great battery life
  • Durable or durable case options
I'd prefer a mainstream brand through one of the big providers so if he has any issues getting support should be easier than no-name brands and smaller providers.
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2004
5136 posts
2179 upvotes
Mississauga
As you didn't say if you're BYOD or going on tab. I assume it's through tab/2yr contract.

Pixel 4a 5G (although 6.2", not that far off 6) on whichever carrier gives you the best deal and phone plan.
Dec 26, 2020
22 posts
7 upvotes
His contract has ended so he can do either. I've got the Pixel 5 so that might not be a bad option.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
If you are signing another 2 years get the best option you can get.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Jul 18, 2020
8 posts
6 upvotes
My dad has a Samsung A51 while my mom has a Moto G7.

They are far from the most technological people but they have no problem navigating their way through basic functions including talk, text and light browsing. You really can't go wrong with either.

Both of these brands seem to fit your criteria and even a quick check of the BST forum shows some good BNIB deals for both so it won't break the bank if you buy outright if they are on prepaid like my parents who don't have access to phone "deals" from carriers.
Dec 13, 2017
245 posts
220 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Senior here with my first cell phone that I got last Fall. It's a Pixel 4a, and it took me about an hour to set it up and learn my way around it. I love it! Big enough to read the screen, but small enough to carry easily. I use a Spigen case (seems to be on a par with my kid's Otter boxes). Also, love having "hey Google" write my texts, get my needed info and organize my life!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5909 posts
2223 upvotes
Space
Just got a pixel 4a for my grandpa. Probably the best choice.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)