• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2021 2:36 pm
[OP]
Feb 4, 2018
408 posts
836 upvotes
Toronto

Simple Recipe = Simple, Delicious Pleasure

I like to have a variety of appetizers to offer dinner guests. Some of my concoctions are complex and time-consuming. My husband followed the Mango Salsa recipe that is printed on the bag of Organic Que Pasa Tortilla Chips (made in Canada) and it is so good! The chips are delicious: nice and crisp, perfect when paired with this mango salsa.

Offhand, the ingredients include ripe mango, red onion, red pepper, jalapeño, cilantro, (all chopped), S & P, and lime juice. The flavours just sing; and it's a beautiful looking mixture, very colourful and fresh-tasting.

While we have done less entertaining this summer, whenever we want a zippy, zesty snack............hubby looks for his chip bag recipe and all is well.
The ocean is calling.........and I must go.
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7612 posts
2795 upvotes
I make that salsa often. I like the mango slightly under ripe so it's tangier and a bit firmer. Not quite green like you'd have in a Thai style mango salad but not completely ripe.

One of my favourite appetizers in summer, it's a little fiddly but a wonderful combination of flavours.

Spicy Shrimp Remoulade on Molasses Buttered Toast:

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food ... ast-232365
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12217 posts
7298 upvotes
I am a big fan of pico de gallo (beak of the rooster) which is a salsa of tomatoes, onion, pickled jalapeños and cilantro, but I often add avocado as well.

For rye bread I like meat salad: strips of kielbasa loaf, black forest ham, spiced ham like Mastro capocollo, and bologna stirred up with diced kosher dill pickles and unsweetened mayo like Kewpie.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)