Hot Deals

[Simplii] 2.3% Interest Offer until March 31, 2021 (existing client, targeted?)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 11:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1436 posts
456 upvotes
ON

2.3% Interest Offer until March 31, 2021 (existing client, targeted?)

Retailer:
Simplii
Got this offer today when I logged in to my Simplii account (existing client).
Simplii promo.png
2.30% puts your savings in the fast lane*

sprdave, want to save faster? We've got great news.

Put your savings into high gear

Speed up your savings with a special interest rate of 2.30% on eligible deposits for a limited time.

It's easy to get started:

Accept by selecting "Sign me up"
Make an eligible deposit to any of your savings accounts
Watch your savings grow

Hurry, the sooner you get started, the faster you can save. Offer expires March 31, 2021.

*Limits apply
Legal:
*Available by invitation only. The special annual interest rate of 2.30% is a combination of promotional and regular annual interest rates payable on deposits made to an eligible Simplii Financial High Interest Savings Account and/or Savings Account (together, “Eligible Savings Accounts”), Simplii Financial Daily Interest RRSP Account, RRSP Savings Account or Tax Free Savings Account (together, “Eligible Registered Savings Accounts” and together with “Eligible Savings Accounts”, the “Eligible Accounts”) between October 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021 (the “Offer Period”). Eligible Accounts opened before the Offer Period must be enrolled in the offer by the primary account holder. Eligible Accounts opened during the Offer Period are automatically enrolled in the offer.

For Eligible Accounts opened before the Offer Period that have been enrolled in the offer, promotional interest is calculated as follows: a) for Eligible Savings Accounts, on the portion of the applicable account’s average daily closing balance during the Offer Period that exceeds the closing balance as at September 30 , 2020 (the “Additional Balance”) up to a maximum Additional Balance limit of $500,000 aggregated across all Eligible Savings Accounts; and b) for Eligible Registered Savings Accounts, on the Additional Balance in each individual Eligible Registered Savings Account up to a maximum Additional Balance of $500,000 per account

For Eligible Accounts opened during the Offer Period, promotional interest is calculated as follows: a) for Eligible Savings Accounts, on the portion of the applicable account’s average daily closing balance from the date the account is opened to the end of the Offer Period (the “New Balance”) up to a maximum balance limit of $500,000 aggregated across all Eligible Savings Accounts; and b) for Eligible Registered Savings Accounts, on the New Balance in each individual Eligible Registered Savings Account up to a maximum New Balance limit of $500,000 per account.

Promotional interest will be paid in April 2021 into a single Eligible Savings Account held by the primary account holder and separately into the applicable Eligible Registered Savings Account where it was earned.

If an Eligible Account is overdrawn as at September 30, 2020 the closing balance is deemed to be $0.00. Promotional Interest will not be paid on existing funds that were in any Simplii Financial deposit or registered account as at September 30, 2020 and are transferred to an eligible account during the Offer Period.

Eligible Accounts will continue to earn regular interest, calculated on the daily closing balance and paid monthly.

For RRSP Accounts and TFSAs, you can contribute up to your personal contribution limit, with a penalty tax applying to all excess contributions. The offer is non-transferable and cannot be combined with other promotional rate offers. Promotional interest and regular interest rates are subject to change at any time without notice. Click here for full terms and conditions.

Your privacy is our priority. Read our privacy policy.
Last edited by sprdave on Oct 1st, 2020 5:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
563 replies
Aug 14, 2019
64 posts
114 upvotes
Oh darn didn't get this offer in either mine or partner's account Neutral Face
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2239 posts
770 upvotes
Just a reminder, Simpiii and cIBC share the same 100k CDIC coverage, so if you have more than 100k between the two you’re potentially not insured.
Feb 21, 2008
37 posts
5 upvotes
Thanks OP - logged in and there it was ready to go.
May 21, 2015
327 posts
157 upvotes
Promotional interest will be paid in April 2021
so basically a GIC, except I can withdraw at any time
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1606 posts
584 upvotes
Wow, they are getting longer and longer promo periods. They don't pay out the bonus interest until April 2021. Maybe the next one will pay out in 5 years.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1436 posts
456 upvotes
ON
toaster5 wrote: Can you share a screenshot?
I can try. I don't think I've posted in this forum before so let me know if I can improve :)
Jun 30, 2016
158 posts
88 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Nothing in my account either.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
20673 posts
14502 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
My "offer" is 0.00%. I think I'll pass.
Last edited by bylo on Oct 1st, 2020 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
veni, vidi, Visa
Oct 3, 2015
616 posts
913 upvotes
Midland, ON
I accepted but can anyone find anywhere on their account that confirms they have the rate?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
20673 posts
14502 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
TheMadMax wrote: I accepted but can anyone find anywhere on their account that confirms they have the rate?
You should get a confirming email. There's nothing online for your account.
veni, vidi, Visa
Sep 16, 2015
10 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
sweet, i got it too.

Just signed up to Simplii a few weeks ago too.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 3 guests)

fitmos1, HitDog