Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 10, 2016
63 posts
4 upvotes
Canada

Simplii Atm in SuperStore

Why i have to pay 4,50$ for retire money from atm at super store and i m with president choice since 10 years....
Last edited by titaniumtux on Jun 29th, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title fix
29 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
6823 posts
6976 upvotes
Hassan007 wrote: Why i have to pay 4,50$ for retire money from atm at super store and i m with president choice since 10 years....
There are no Simplii ATMs inside Superstore. They are new PC Financial branded machines that charge fees to everyone.
[OP]
Dec 10, 2016
63 posts
4 upvotes
Canada
Thaty why i closed my account with them to tangerine..... they will lose all my family accounts...
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15537 posts
14072 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Hassan007 wrote: Thaty why i closed my account with them to tangerine..... they will lose all my family accounts...
Your loss. Both Simplii and Tangerine are part of the savings account lottery, Simplii allows linking many more external accounts than Tangerine, Simplii allows free unlimited checkbooks, free unlimited e-transfers, etc.

You only gain when you use both. If you substitute one for the other, you're not really gaining, unless free cheques and CIBC ATM access aren't important to you and you're not into e-transfers Upside-down Face
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
3067 posts
2915 upvotes
Guelph
PC Financial may be launching another online bank that they own (if a billboard I saw at Fortinos saying that "we can't wait to show you what's next" RE: PC Financial is anything to go by) so maybe people can use those ATMs for free (if it happens).
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15537 posts
14072 upvotes
Going to the Moon
jacnel wrote: PC Financial may be launching another online bank that they own (if a billboard I saw at Fortinos saying that "we can't wait to show you what's next" RE: PC Financial is anything to go by) so maybe people can use those ATMs for free (if it happens).
Most of RFD will probably sign up.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21125 posts
5804 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
jacnel wrote: PC Financial may be launching another online bank that they own (if a billboard I saw at Fortinos saying that "we can't wait to show you what's next" RE: PC Financial is anything to go by) so maybe people can use those ATMs for free (if it happens).
I can't wait for the mountain of confusion that will erupt when the "new PC Financial Banking" operated by PC Bank is confused with the "old PC Financial Banking" operated by CIBC.
I sure hope PC Bank comes up comes up with a unique name for their new banking service, or they will have a serious branding problem, and a lot of call centre time wasted due to confused former customers.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
3067 posts
2915 upvotes
Guelph
Jucius Maximus wrote: I can't wait for the mountain of confusion that will erupt when the "new PC Financial Banking" operated by PC Bank is confused with the "old PC Financial Banking" operated by CIBC.
I sure hope PC Bank comes up comes up with a unique name for their new banking service, or they will have a serious branding problem, and a lot of call centre time wasted due to confused former customers.
Sadly knowing loblaws they won't care about the confusion and will use a modified old brand anyways, a la PC Optimum.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
7053 posts
4497 upvotes
don't they have to wait a year? so it's likely November with probably 3% special interest :)
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2010
2331 posts
1173 upvotes
ON
I don't want to get into any kind of debate however your rational doesn't work for me. My reasons below
titaniumtux wrote: 1) Your loss. Both Simplii and Tangerine are part of the savings account lottery,
Since signing up with Simplii for their original 3% promo they have not provided me with one reason to go back to them.
2) Simplii allows linking many more external accounts than Tangerine,
Although there are only 3, I have not run into an issue (I do have a spouse account I can use though)
3) Simplii allows free unlimited checkbooks,
I have received free 50 checks for each of personal, wife's personal, and joint. 150 free checks. I have enough checks to last a looooong time.
4) free unlimited e-transfers
Seems nice but if you want to send money today in the next 30 min and I don't have $ in chequing account then you are SOL. I'll stick with other options.
5) You only gain when you use both. If you substitute one for the other, you're not really gaining, unless free cheques and CIBC ATM access aren't important to you and you're not into e-transfers
The future remains to be seen but I haven't seen another "lottery" offer from them and I won't be signing up for a chequing account until they remove the 24 hour delay on moving my money from Simplii savings to Simplii Chequing.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15537 posts
14072 upvotes
Going to the Moon
thetipster wrote: I don't want to get into any kind of debate however your rational doesn't work for me. My reasons below
  1. they had HISA lottery during the PCF Days. Simplii's been less than a year, and their 3% promo was for more than three months
  2. Glad it works for you. When the musical chairs hit, I wanna push any balance via me to me transfer immediately, not wait a few business days for micro-deposits. I have to change around my externally linked accounts in Tangerine practically on a monthly basis
  3. Good on you. I don't need cheques for the most part, but at least with Simplii, I never have to haggle on them
  4. You mean I should keep money in every chq account I have? Thinking Face Doesn't make sense. If I wanna pay someone back for something, I should write them a chq? Too much work. I wanna send e-transfer any time. Also, not every FI I have offer free e-transfers, so I rather keep a float in Simplii chq for that reason
  5. Back to #1. When there's no promo on Simplii HISA, put savings in EQ or elsewhere. If there's a promo, you're gonna park those funds in savings for a few months anyway, what's the big deal with transferring out next business day? The odd time you need it moved sooner, you can call in and have it done same day over the phone, and customer service is 24 hour
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2015
1134 posts
734 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Hassan007 wrote: Thaty why i closed my account with them to tangerine..... they will lose all my family accounts...
They won't miss you, they have plenty of happy customers like me who actually read the many notifications about the switch from PC Financial to Simplii, including the fact that their ATM's would now charge a fee for using your Simplii card. It's not their fault you ignored the notifications.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2010
2331 posts
1173 upvotes
ON
I will admit, the one day hold on $ from savings to chq might be something I could get used to as I have everything planned ahead of time.
But if I need $ last minute from an ATM, or wanted to e-transfer last minute this would pose a problem.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2014
1293 posts
1744 upvotes
I think everyone would agree that it would be nice to have instant transfers from the savings account, however,it is what it is. When looking at the big picture, there are still benefits to choosing to bank with Simplii,especially if you're primarily using the chequing account. It's probably better to put oneself in the mindset that their savings account transfers work like an EFT, that way you know it will not happen the same day. I will admit that I do like my Tangerine instant transfers, then again, I don't like paying for e-Transfers. So in my case, I use each one keeping in mind the strength and weakness of theirs respective products. What's important to note is that none of these accounts require a minimum balance and they all pay interest, try that a bricks and mortar bank.
Apr 14, 2006
410 posts
270 upvotes
I do miss the old PCF / Simplii machines at RCSS but oh well. Still keep them but have started to shift my daily banking more towards credit unions. There's just a lot more of them around here in BC. Since all the CU ATM's are linked on the Exchange network there's over 3X the machine availability of CIBC.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15537 posts
14072 upvotes
Going to the Moon
cal653 wrote: I do miss the old PCF / Simplii machines at RCSS but oh well. Still keep them but have started to shift my daily banking more towards credit unions. There's just a lot more of them around here in BC. Since all the CU ATM's are linked on the Exchange network there's over 3X the machine availability of CIBC.
+1

But for me in YOW, CIBC ATM access is more convenient than the Exchange ATM access. I have both, so can't complain. I think everyone in Canada should bank with at least one CU. There are unspoken benefits that make it worth it.
Nov 25, 2003
634 posts
342 upvotes
BC [what me worry?]
titaniumtux wrote: But for me in YOW, CIBC ATM access is more convenient than the Exchange ATM access. I
Yeah, it definately depends on an individuals personal situation (or in this case, geography). For those of us in Vancouver, those Exchange ATMs are everywhere. As much, if not moreso, than even CIBC ATM machines.
I've been away for a while....