• Jul 29th, 2021 11:45 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2017
1300 posts
797 upvotes
Toronto, ON
flyjazz wrote: See the symbol ‡ after PRE-APPROVED? Look further down the offer screen for a description of its meaning.
No mention of credit check .. but not sure what exactly am I "Pre-Approved" for? am I 'pre-approved' to APPLY for this card? ...ie. 'pre-approved' to go attempt to gain their approval for this card?

† This 10% cash back offer (applies an incremental 6% cash back to the 4% cash back already awarded) on eligible restaurant, bar and coffee shop purchases is available to new cardholders who apply and are approved for the Simplii Financial Cash Back Visa Card. The 6% incremental cash back applies on eligible restaurant, bar and coffee shop purchases made during your first 4 monthly statement periods beginning from your account open date or $500 in total restaurant, bar and coffee shop purchases (equal to $30 cash back), whichever comes first. This offer will not result in any changes to the 4% cash back already earned on restaurant, bar and coffee shop purchases, and those purchases will be included within the $5,000 annual spend limit that earns 4% cash back. This offer may be withdrawn or changed without prior notice at any time. Simplii Financial may, in its sole discretion, disqualify, limit or revoke this offer if you are believed to be abusing or manipulating it, or engaging in any suspicious or fraudulent activity.

‡ Simplii Financial reserves the right to withdraw this offer if any unfavourable change in your financial position or account status has occurred recently or occurs after you have received this offer.

1 This offer applies to the Simplii FinancialTM Cash Back Visa* Card. You must apply and be approved for a new eligible card between May 1, 2021 and Oct 31, 2021 to qualify for this offer.

If you apply and are approved for a new eligible card, you will receive the introductory annual interest rate for purchases of 9.99% on net purchases posted to your account for the first six (6) monthly statement periods after your account is opened. After this promotional period, your annual interest rate for purchases will be increased to the regular annual interest rate for purchases of 19.99%. This offer does not apply to the annual interest rate for Cash Advances, Balance Transfers and Convenience Cheques. The following do not qualify as purchases: cash advances, interest, fees, balance transfers, payments, or convenience cheques. If you do not pay your Required Payment by the payment due date in any month during the promotional period, you will lose the benefit of this promotional interest rate offer and, effective the first day of the next monthly statement period, the regular annual interest rate for purchases will apply to any remaining purchase amounts.

Offer applies to newly approved card accounts only. This offer is not transferable. This offer may be withdrawn or changed without prior notice at any time. This offer may be revoked if you appear to be manipulating or abusing it, or are engaged in any suspicious or fraudulent activity, as determined by Simplii Financial in its sole discretion.

We may make changes to these terms and conditions at any time with or without prior notice unless advance notice is required by law. Simplii Financial may notify you of such changes by sending a notice in accordance to the terms of your Simplii Financial Credit Card Agreement.

This offer may be withdrawn or changed without prior notice at any time. Simplii Financial may, in its sole discretion, disqualify, limit or revoke this offer if you are believed to be abusing or manipulating it, or engaging in any suspicious or fraudulent activity.

2 Cash back is earned on net card purchases (purchases less returns) when your account is open and in good standing and not on cash advances, interest, fees, balance transfers, payments or Convenience Cheques. Cash back is calculated as follows: Earn 4% on the first $5,000 in net annual card purchases on restaurant, bar and coffee shop purchases, which currently include merchants classified as Eating Places and Restaurants; Drinking Places (Alcoholic Beverages) - Bars, Taverns, Nightclubs, Cocktail Lounges, and Discotheques; Fast Food Restaurants; or Caterers. Earn 1.5% on the first $15,000 in net annual card purchases on gas, grocery and drugstore purchases and pre-authorized payments. Gas, grocery and drugstore purchases currently include merchants classified as Service Stations (with or without Ancillary Services); Automated Fuel Dispensers; Grocery Stores and Supermarkets; Drugs, Drug Proprietaries, and Druggist's Sundries; or Drugstores and Pharmacies. Pre-authorized payments are payments made on a monthly or other regular basis, which are automatically billed by the merchant to your Account. Earn 0.5% on all other net annual card purchases, including those in the categories above when the $5,000 and $15,000 limits are exceeded. If a transaction could fit under more than one cash back category, you will be awarded the cash back of the higher category, subject to the $5,000 and $15,000 limits. Merchants are classified by the credit card network and the network may change the names of classifications or change the classification of merchants at any time. Simplii Financial is not responsible for merchant classification. The $5,000 and $15,000 limits will reset to zero after the day your December statement is issued. Changes to terms, conditions and eligible merchant categories may occur at any time without notice. We may cancel the cash back program on 60 days’ notice. Credit for returns made on your Account may result in a deduction of cash back at a higher earn rate, even though the return may relate to a purchase that earned cash back at a lower rate.

3 Simplii foreign exchange rates apply. Only primary cardholders can use their eligible credit card account to pay for Simplii Global Money TransferTM service. Most Simplii Global Money Transfers are completed within 1-3 business days. For full terms and conditions, review the Simplii Financial Global Money Transfer Agreement
Mar 23, 2004
44217 posts
10009 upvotes
Markham
905P4N6 wrote: No mention of credit check .. but not sure what exactly am I "Pre-Approved" for? am I 'pre-approved' to APPLY for this card? ...ie. 'pre-approved' to go attempt to gain their approval for this card?
1 This offer applies to the Simplii FinancialTM Cash Back Visa* Card. You must apply and be approved for a new eligible card between May 1, 2021 and Oct 31, 2021 to qualify for this offer.

If you apply and are approved for a new eligible card...
There...saying you must apply and be approved is a dead giveaway.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
4011 posts
2920 upvotes
on the links
905P4N6 wrote: YOU'RE PRE-APPROVED‡
For the premium Simplii FinancialTM Cash Back Visa* Card with a credit limit of $10,000‡ ...

I got this email today... should I take it? "Pre-Approved" = NO HARD CREDIT CHECK, correct???
Got the same email. Applied and no hard hit as far as I can tell. Simplii did start reporting to the bureaus about 2 months later.

I've been a long-time CIBC customer (30+ yrs). Not sure that it has anything to do with their credit decisions but - for what it's worth - I'm also an Imperial service customer.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
15827 posts
4568 upvotes
Scarberia
restaurant is the same as 'dining'' im just trying to figure out if my bmo eclipse visa gets the 5x on all the delivery food services...ubereats/skip = dining? tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1114 posts
2173 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
Here we go again! In case you missed it: get an extra 0.5% cash back on purchases from May 20, 20‌21 to May 26, 20‌21.

So, effectively:
  • 4.5% cash back on eligible food take-out, deliveries, restaurant, and coffee shop purchases
  • 2.0% cash back on eligible gas and groceries
  • 1.0% cash back on all other purchases
More weekend fun. More cash.
Get 0.5% bonus cash† this long weekend with your
Simplii Financial™ Cash Back Visa* Card

Bonus cash is paid to your eligible Simplii™ account. Conditions apply.

It’s the long weekend and however you decide to fill it, you can also fill your wallet with cash back.

Now earn 0.5% bonus cash on all purchases1 whether you’re buying patio furniture or food for a backyard barbecue. Just use your Simplii Financial Cash Back Visa Card from Ma‍y 20‍th to M‍ay 26‍th, 20‍21.

Don’t miss this bonus cash.
Use your card now!

Buy your must‑haves this May long weekend and earn:

0.5% bonus cash on top of the great cash back rewards you’re already earning.
  • 4% cash back on eligible food take‑out, deliveries, restaurant, and coffee shop purchases, up to $5,000 spend per year.2
  • 1.5% cash back on eligible groceries, gas, and pre‑authorized payments, up to $1‍5,0‍00 spend per year.2
  • 0.5% cash back on all other purchases, with no cap on earning.2
Thank you for banking with Simplii Financial.
Woohoo! I see I got a whopping $0.16 added to my Simplii chequing account from the April offer! Shows up as "INTEREST VISA APR 2021 OFFER BONUS".
Mar 23, 2004
44217 posts
10009 upvotes
Markham
CalgaryBen wrote: Here we go again! In case you missed it: get an extra 0.5% cash back on purchases from May 20, 20‌21 to May 26, 20‌21.

So, effectively:
  • 4.5% cash back on eligible food take-out, deliveries, restaurant, and coffee shop purchases

Woohoo! I see I got a whopping $0.16 added to my Simplii chequing account from the April offer! Shows up as "INTEREST VISA APR 2021 OFFER BONUS".
did you get an email? didnt see anything on my side.

Nice, I got $0.24 as well lol
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2003
9832 posts
1869 upvotes
Vancouver
19 cents here, don't be jealous everyone
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1508 posts
1165 upvotes
Toronto
angel_wing0 wrote: did you get an email? didnt see anything on my side.

Nice, I got $0.24 as well lol
There was a pop up when I logged into the app
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2017
1300 posts
797 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CalgaryBen wrote: Here we go again! In case you missed it: get an extra 0.5% cash back on purchases from May 20, 20‌21 to May 26, 20‌21.

So, effectively:

... sitting quietly waiting for my card to arrive.
Jan 19, 2020
77 posts
43 upvotes
Does Simplii only hand out low credit limits? Just checked community Google Doc and looks like all the credit limits are below 2k.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
5732 posts
3814 upvotes
kiptonlipton wrote: Does Simplii only hand out low credit limits? Just checked community Google Doc and looks like all the credit limits are below 2k.
I got 15k to start.
Mar 23, 2004
44217 posts
10009 upvotes
Markham
kiptonlipton wrote: Does Simplii only hand out low credit limits? Just checked community Google Doc and looks like all the credit limits are below 2k.
I would have to incline to say yes as i was approved for 3k. But they increased it over the years, now i am at 13.5k.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1508 posts
1165 upvotes
Toronto
I applied last month and got $8500
Sep 4, 2017
466 posts
136 upvotes
I was Pre-Approved in November 2020 with only $1000 and still waiting for cli.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2018
1268 posts
860 upvotes
Simplii is very risk averse.

I got denied twice.

Called reconsideration line one time and I heard lady on the other line gasp for air. She told me to cut down on my applications. RFD membership confirmed Face With Tears Of Joy