Expired Hot Deals

[Simplii Financial] 2.8% Interest Offer - by invitation only (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2020 10:16 pm
[OP]
Oct 10, 2006
638 posts
797 upvotes
Ottawa

2.8% Interest Offer - by invitation only (YMMV)

Expiry:
August 31, 2020
Retailer:
Simplii Financial
I moved my money away just before April 30. Today (May 4) when I log in, I got a new offer of 2.8% from May 1 to August 31.

Offer Period: May 1, 2020 through August 31, 2020. To participate in the Simplii Financial™ promotional interest offer (the “Offer”), an eligible account holder must enroll during the Offer Period by accepting the online offer through online banking or by calling 1-866-747-8128.

The Offer is available by invitation only to select Simplii Financial High Interest Savings Account and/or Savings Account (“Eligible Accounts”) account holders during the Offer Period. The special annual interest rate of 2.80% is a combination of the regular annual interest rate on an Eligible Account balance (“Regular Interest”), plus the promotional annual interest rate (“Promotional Interest”) that is calculated at the end of the Offer Period on the Additional Balance (as defined below). Eligible Accounts will continue to earn Regular Interest on balances calculated daily and paid monthly. The Promotional Interest is calculated at the end of the Offer Period on the portion of an Eligible Account’s average daily closing balance during the Offer Period that exceeds the closing balance as at October 31, 2019 (the “Additional Balance”) to a maximum of $500,000 in Additional Balances aggregated across all of a primary account holder’s Eligible Accounts . Promotional Interest will not be paid on existing funds that were in a Simplii Financial Account as at October 31, 2019 and are transferred to an Eligible Account. If a savings account is overdrawn as at October 31, 2019, the closing balance will be deemed to $0.00. Promotional Interest will be paid in September 2020 into a single Eligible Account held by a primary account holder. Interest rates may change at any time without notice. Offer is non-transferable and cannot be combined with other promotional rate offers, and may be changed or cancelled at any time without notice . Other conditions and restrictions apply. Click here for the full terms and conditions of this offer.
93 replies
Apr 19, 2009
198 posts
77 upvotes
I participated in the 2.8% promo that ended April 30th. Moved my money out May 1st. Didn't get this offer this time around
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
5939 posts
1727 upvotes
Scarborough
How do you get an invite? Didn't see anything when I logged in
Dec 10, 2012
226 posts
119 upvotes
GTA
Do i need to log in with PC to see offer or it will show on mobile app?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
19898 posts
13130 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Sweety wrote: I moved my money away just before April 30. Today (May 4) when I log in, I got a new offer of 2.8% from May 1 to August 31...
My 2.8% promo ended on 30Apr. I called Simplii a few days before that to ask what rate I'd get after 30Apr. Answer: 0.30%

I asked to schedule a transfer-out. Since there's more than CDIC limit involved they transferred me to a manager for approval.

I explained that 0.30% makes no sense when TING is offering 2.8%. He agreed but said that 0.30% is the best he can do.

So my money walked out the door. What a mickey mouse way to run a bank.

But it gets worse.

Now that my money is sitting at TING I've gotten an offer from Simplii for 2.0%. That's Simplii insulting. Not that I would have accepted 2.0% when TING is offering 2.8%. That's Simplii Doublii insulting.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9567 posts
1112 upvotes
GTA
bylo wrote: My 2.8% promo ended on 30Apr. I called Simplii a few days before that to ask what rate I'd get after 30Apr. Answer: 0.30%
i actually went to check the rates on Simplii site because I was thinking "no way that the HISA rate is that low".... wow, turns out it is! Yeah why even bother with HISA at that point, just spend all your money...

I need to relook at current offers since I don't think I was offered the 2.8% at Tangerine. Need to move some stuff around. I had had good luck before with a direct contact at Tangerine who helped with these promos but they changed the way they operate like 6 months ago and weren't able to receive incoming calls to their department anymore.
Aug 4, 2019
52 posts
42 upvotes
I have heard this offer is for ppl with 100k plus

OP do you fall under this ?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
19898 posts
13130 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
YLSF wrote: i actually went to check the rates on Simplii site because I was thinking "no way that the HISA rate is that low".... wow, turns out it is!
Hey, it's still better than TING's base rate of 0.25% </sarcasm>

I had had good luck before with a direct contact at Tangerine who helped with these promos but they changed the way they operate like 6 months ago and weren't able to receive incoming calls to their department anymore.
Call their main number. Ask to have an agent from their outbound marketing team to give you a call. It will take a day or two but someone will call. You can discuss their current offers with them.

When I spoke with someone from that group a few days ago he gave me his extension number in case I needed to reach him again. I haven't tried that number yet.
veni, vidi, Visa
Jan 5, 2015
2 posts
Calgary, AB
Did you guys get paid out the extra interest on April 30?
Mar 11, 2012
188 posts
96 upvotes
Surrey
Did you guys receive the whole intereste payment from simplii for the last 2.8% promotion yet? I still haven't gotten it.
Sep 23, 2005
337 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
I got an offer of 2.00% - would have moved money back for 2.8% but not 2.0%.
Apr 14, 2017
385 posts
543 upvotes
Montréal Not-COTU
Didn't get any offer. Is it a pop-up when you open the app?
Dec 7, 2009
943 posts
436 upvotes
East of Toronto
Received a 2.0% offer to August 31st. They still have not credited my account for the bonus interest from the 2.8% promo that ended April 30th.
Sep 8, 2006
842 posts
512 upvotes
Edmonton
No offer when I log in