Expired Hot Deals

[Simplii Financial] Boxing Week offer: 0.5% bonus cash back with your Simplii credit card

[OP]
Jan 19, 2018
961 posts
643 upvotes

Boxing Week offer: 0.5% bonus cash back with your Simplii credit card

Expiry:
January 1, 2021
Retailer:
Simplii Financial
Earn a 0.5% bonus cash on all purchases1 made using your Simplii Financial Cash Back Visa Card, on top of the cash back you’re already earning, from De‌cember 26, 20‌20 to Ja‌nuary 1, 20‌21. Bonus cash is paid to your eligible Simplii account.

Earn 0.5% bonus cash on top of the great cash back rewards you’re already earning. There’s no limit on the total bonus cash you can earn!

After bonus cash back:
  • 4.5% on eligible food take-out, deliveries, restaurant, and coffee shop purchases, up to $5,000 spend.
  • 2% on eligible gas and groceries, up to $15,000 spend.
  • 1% on all other purchases, with no cap on earning.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1348 posts
1500 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I have this card. I hate that it holds users responsible for all purchases made if the card was stolen when the thief used the pin to make purchases
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
1519 posts
1075 upvotes
BC
wow... 0.5% bonus for 5 days!!! better hope they post the transactions quickly then!!! lol
Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
1519 posts
1075 upvotes
BC
Bigboy16 wrote: I have this card. I hate that it holds users responsible for all purchases made if the card was stolen when the thief used the pin to make purchases
wow. they really stick it to you don't they...

just put the card on Google Pay / cut physical card and ensure your phone is locked to your fingerprint only..
Nov 12, 2017
314 posts
416 upvotes
Cambridge
If they had the "bonus" 100% of the time, I'd actually apply for this card.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
4674 posts
2031 upvotes
GTA
Bigboy16 wrote: I have this card. I hate that it holds users responsible for all purchases made if the card was stolen when the thief used the pin to make purchases
Isn't this standard for all credit cards? There's no liability for tap purchases on a stolen card. But a PIN is supposed to be your responsibility to keep secret.
Mar 23, 2004
43167 posts
9111 upvotes
Markham
stizarch wrote: If they had the "bonus" 100% of the time, I'd actually apply for this card.
Besides meals, even with the bonus, there are other no fee cards that match it: Rogers at1.50%, Tangerine at 2% of gas/groceries
Nov 12, 2017
314 posts
416 upvotes
Cambridge
angel_wing0 wrote: Besides meals, even with the bonus, there are other no fee cards that match it: Rogers at1.50%, Tangerine at 2% of gas/groceries
Those are exactly the two cards that I use ;). I don't eat out enough to justify the Simplii card with the regular rewards.
Dec 15, 2017
138 posts
88 upvotes
Dave98 wrote: Isn't this standard for all credit cards? There's no liability for tap purchases on a stolen card. But a PIN is supposed to be your responsibility to keep secret.
Not really. Thief installs a skimmer and a camera on atm and steals your card with the pin too. Sure it is suspicious if they use your card at the same LCBO where you shop, but if it’s hundreds or thousands miles away then what?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
4674 posts
2031 upvotes
GTA
Hercaz wrote: Not really. Thief installs a skimmer and a camera on atm and steals your card with the pin too. Sure it is suspicious if they use your card at the same LCBO where you shop, but if it’s hundreds or thousands miles away then what?
I believe it depends on the situation and whether the PIN being divulged was out of your control within reason. Yes, your situation would likely be deemed to not be your fault.

However, if you kept your PIN written on a piece of paper in your wallet along with the credit card then that's a different story. So yeah.. I guess it depends.
Mar 23, 2004
43167 posts
9111 upvotes
Markham
muffin4life wrote: wow... 0.5% bonus for 5 days!!! better hope they post the transactions quickly then!!! lol
Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Pretty sure it goes by transaction date, so as long as the transaction is within the promo range, it doesnt matter when the posting date is.

Might be a good time to load up on buying GC inside restaurants...well if the 0.50% is worth it i guess.
Jul 28, 2018
16 posts
42 upvotes
This is standard practice for all credit/debit cards my friend.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
14374 posts
4069 upvotes
Scarberia
1% be hot imo...
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1348 posts
1500 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Dave98 wrote: I believe it depends on the situation and whether the PIN being divulged was out of your control within reason. Yes, your situation would likely be deemed to not be your fault.

However, if you kept your PIN written on a piece of paper in your wallet along with the credit card then that's a different story. So yeah.. I guess it depends.
coffeebreak3 wrote: This is standard practice for all credit/debit cards my friend.
Actually with most credit cards i've had, the policy is that if you took reasonable measures to protect your pin, but somehow a person got hold of your card+pin, you would not be held responsible. But this card explicitly states that if someone does make a purchase on your card via pin, you are held responsible regardless (even if they used a skimmer or something). Most credit card policies will hold you liable if you had your pin written on the credit card or something super dumb like your date of birth as a pin. But this card will hold users responsible regardless of the situation.
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!