• Jan 22nd, 2019 12:22 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11606 posts
5741 upvotes
Southern Ontario

Simplii Financial Debit Card, no fees only at CIBC machines

Sorry if repost or maybe I simply forgot the new terms, wife went to Fortinos and took out $20, it showed a $23 withdrawal and $1.50 bank fee. I haven’t been in there so long to withdraw cash, don’t know if they are still PCF machines or what.

Wife called Simplii and will be refunded $4.50, apparently they’ve been getting a lot of complaints as many people are unaware the only machines with no fees now are CIBC.

Says so on mobile too (which we never really checked, following old habits I guess)

Last edited by AncasterRFD on Jan 15th, 2019 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2188 posts
877 upvotes
Raincouver
you are the kind of people that I would voice against for harassing poor Simplii CSR.
it's on public media over the fact that PC and CIBC broke up so PC Bank's new ATM AINT NOT FREE - This was since the last November.
Their marketing campaign and outreach was nothing but sufficient - email + PAPER MAIL.
Too bad you guys were too self-entitled.

*Downvoted the thread*
CAN/USA Cross Border Banking

Netflix? Bill me in Turkish Lira, Watch Me around the world.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11606 posts
5741 upvotes
Southern Ontario
dekvitaly wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 3:10 pm
you are the kind of people that I would voice against for harassing poor Simplii CSR.
it's on public media over the fact that PC and CIBC broke up so PC Bank's new ATM AINT NOT FREE - This was since the last November.
Their marketing campaign and outreach was nothing but sufficient - email + PAPER MAIL.
Too bad you guys were too self-entitled.

*Downvoted the thread*
I would understand your point if this is a frequently used card, but it’s not. I didn’t use a bank machine inside a Loblaws branded store all last year, my wife rarely uses them, and we’ve been conditioned over a decade. It’s a problem if the CSR says it’s happening a lot. You remember every little detail in your life? You don’t make mistakes? I wasn’t with her at the time to see if there was a fee warning. That statement showing was after the fact when I checked our account. Who you calling “you people”? My wife and I who volunteer 3h of our time every Saturday morning? That money put towards popcorn for those kids at a cash only event? I don’t care how this thread is voted, it’s not a rant. Maybe if this thread reminded those people you’re referring to, you wouldn’t have to reply so smugly.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2188 posts
877 upvotes
Raincouver
@AncasterRFD
(1) I had PCF bank acct since Costco was AMEX. I barely used this card as I mainly needed one for free cheque book.
(2) It's not a little detail, it is your financial planning, a common issue among people nowadays
(3) Your wife was on the wrong, again the fee prompt and she decided to ignore the warning = accepting the charge.
(4) Volunteering is something we all do. I volunteer for million of no profit, including spending time on RFD and other websites to help out a bro (if reasonable)
(5) I am stating a fact. I'm not playing any coin. On 1 hand, what makes me believe your post or start to question whether you were truly unaware?
(6) Customer Service Rep uses the CS tone to drive you away. Within the next few months, good luck trying to get that money back.
Worst case scenario, a supervisor waives as courtesy and get you shut up. They don't want this kind of inquiry by any mean.

#CustomerIsNOTAlwaysRight

[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11606 posts
5741 upvotes
Southern Ontario
dekvitaly wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 5:11 pm
@AncasterRFD
(1) I had PCF bank acct since Costco was AMEX. I barely used this card as I mainly needed one for free cheque book.
(2) It's not a little detail, it is your financial planning, a common issue among people nowadays
(3) Your wife was on the wrong, again the fee prompt and she decided to ignore the warning = accepting the charge.
(4) Volunteering is something we all do. I volunteer for million of no profit, including spending time on RFD and other websites to help out a bro (if reasonable)
(5) I am stating a fact. I'm not playing any coin. On 1 hand, what makes me believe your post or start to question whether you were truly unaware?
(6) Customer Service Rep uses the CS tone to drive you away. Within the next few months, good luck trying to get that money back.
Worst case scenario, a supervisor waives as courtesy and get you shut up. They don't want this kind of inquiry by any mean.

#CustomerIsNOTAlwaysRight
Again this thread is a reminder and I added a screenshot to help readers, no other motive. Not a rant, not a knock on the company etc.

Simplii CSR’s are paid to talk to people and answer inquiries, not everyone googles. Her tone is always friendly and she didn’t ask for fees refunded, they gave it. I sent her the screen after the call. Children distracting her at the machine didn’t help either, or maybe you volunteer for a bunch of kids and can juggle too, I don’t know. If it makes you feel good to make generalizations while putting down people for their mistakes, hashtag away.
May 9, 2018
138 posts
52 upvotes
All PCF/Simplii ATMs in Loblaws are now gone since after Xmas
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1050 posts
140 upvotes
Ottawa
Say you are shopping in Loblaws, Walmart and you also took cash back from the account while you paid with your debit card.

Is there a charge from getting cash this way???
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2188 posts
877 upvotes
Raincouver
cf7777 wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2019 12:22 pm
Say you are shopping in Loblaws, Walmart and you also took cash back from the account while you paid with your debit card.

Is there a charge from getting cash this way???
Never been