74 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Simplii Financial] [YMMV] New 3.85% Interest Rate Promo until October 31, 2022

Expiry:
December 31, 2022
Retailer:
Simplii Financial
More offers from Simplii Financial
Just received this offer today, will post the confirmation email once I receive it. Looks like they're competing with Tangerine's 3.50% offer.

Simplii Financial

Reach for more savings with 3.85% interest

Offer ends October 31, 2022. † Limits apply

Want to make your money go further? Grow your savings with our best rate on your Simplii Financial™ High Interest Savings Account.

Enjoy a special interest rate of 3.85% on eligible deposits†:

Select "Sign up"
Make an eligible deposit to your savings account
Watch your savings grow

Offer ends October 31, 2022.

† Limits apply.

Edit: Didn't receive a confirmation email after enrolment, had to Live Chat via mobile app to confirm my new rate.
Last edited by MatJimbo on Aug 17th, 2022 12:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
132 replies
Jan 23, 2009
811 posts
1230 upvotes
Ontario
The rate is now 3.85% was 3.00% just login and you will see the popup

"Take advantage of 3.85%interest before it's gone andapply today
Offer ends October 31, 2022. Limits apply"

I called to re-enroll, it would be a good idea to confirm that your are enrolled

thanks for @reversi for the post

old thread here https://forums.redflagdeals.com/simplii ... y-2551758/
Mar 9, 2018
32 posts
30 upvotes
Terms & Conditions

For Eligible Savings Accounts opened before the Offer Period that have been enrolled in the offer, promotional interest is calculated on the portion of the applicable account's average daily closing balance during the Offer Period that exceeds the closing balance as at June 30, 2022 (the "Additional Balance").
Seems like it is retroactive to July 1?
Images
  • 125B6405-677B-453D-B43C-6DC2C2250AA8.png
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2003
2486 posts
500 upvotes
Is there a link for this? When Iog in I'm only being offered 3%
Aug 30, 2017
187 posts
253 upvotes
Same here.
RideGuy wrote: Is there a link for this? When Iog in I'm only being offered 3%
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9720 posts
2750 upvotes
Toronto
Is this an offer for new accounts? I don't see any offers logging in.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6577 posts
4105 upvotes
Toronto
There was credit card promo, but after decline that, 3.85% hisa showed up. After accepting, how can you check you are getting 3.85% until Oct 31st?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9720 posts
2750 upvotes
Toronto
peteryorkuca wrote: There was credit card promo, but after decline that, 3.85% hisa showed up. After accepting, how can you check you are getting 3.85% until Oct 31st?
Simplii is running on potato software. You can't check what rate you're on and they pay out in lump sum. All you can rely on is the e-mail confirmation and good faith that you'll get paid at the end of the promo period. You can ask the CSR to confirm for you but still the same, have to wait till end of promo to see if you get paid.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
8850 posts
2217 upvotes
Mont-Royal
i never received any offer from simplii , wth , since 5 years
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Nov 29, 2020
75 posts
517 upvotes
Sauga
JCCRFD wrote: Simplii is running on potato software. You can't check what rate you're on and they pay out in lump sum. All you can rely on is the e-mail confirmation and good faith that you'll get paid at the end of the promo period. You can ask the CSR to confirm for you but still the same, have to wait till end of promo to see if you get paid.
Actually moved to Tangerine for their 3.5% promo rate and it's the same thing. A basic interest at month end and then a big lump sum for the promo. You don't see if anywhere either except the sign up promo wording
Oct 29, 2011
319 posts
236 upvotes
Please be careful. They don't automatically give all your savings account this offer.

I had 2 saving and 1 tfsa saving accounts.

Only one of them received this offer. And it's not the TFSA one. LOL

Please make sure you transfer your money to the correct one if you plan to receive 3.85% interest.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9720 posts
2750 upvotes
Toronto
HurricaneGusto wrote: Actually moved to Tangerine for their 3.5% promo rate and it's the same thing. A basic interest at month end and then a big lump sum for the promo. You don't see if anywhere either except the sign up promo wording
Tangerine pays the bonus monthly so it actually compounds AFAIK. Simplii only pays the bonus at the end of the offer period.
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
12728 posts
7900 upvotes
Markham
JCCRFD wrote: Simplii is running on potato software. You can't check what rate you're on and they pay out in lump sum. All you can rely on is the e-mail confirmation and good faith that you'll get paid at the end of the promo period. You can ask the CSR to confirm for you but still the same, have to wait till end of promo to see if you get paid.
Their offer design is so confusing. No thanks/remind later and deposit. It's like you only get 3.85% on the ones you deposit right away
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2014
2113 posts
1962 upvotes
It's the HISA account. I just logged in and got the same offer. It was 3% promo notification on the first week of July and now it's 3.85%. I assume it's whatever balance from here going forward to Oct 31. Make sure you pull out everything on Oct 29 and wait until the first week of November to see the next promo :)
Last edited by jmc111 on Aug 10th, 2022 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 26, 2005
323 posts
181 upvotes
smartie wrote: Their offer design is so confusing. No thanks/remind later and deposit. It's like you only get 3.85% on the ones you deposit right away
Yeah, just a 'deposit' button and no 'opt in' button. So it's a bit of a leap of faith. I also forgot to screenshot the offer, so I have no proof to show if this doesn't work. Oh well, it's still worth it to try it out since it's higher than what I'm getting at Tangerine right now.
Jan 26, 2005
323 posts
181 upvotes
MatJimbo wrote: Offer ends October 31, 2022.
Your title says "December 31, 2022", but the offer ends on October as noted in the terms you posted. Hopefully you can edit it. Thanks. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Oct 3, 2019
171 posts
146 upvotes
HurricaneGusto wrote: Actually moved to Tangerine for their 3.5% promo rate and it's the same thing. A basic interest at month end and then a big lump sum for the promo. You don't see if anywhere either except the sign up promo wording
Not really. If you go Tangerine website, not the APP, check the account details, it will show the bonus rate if eligible and the period of that bonus rate.
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
12728 posts
7900 upvotes
Markham
dragonmagician wrote: Yeah, just a 'deposit' button and no 'opt in' button. So it's a bit of a leap of faith. I also forgot to screenshot the offer, so I have no proof to show if this doesn't work. Oh well, it's still worth it to try it out since it's higher than what I'm getting at Tangerine right now.
Chat with agent online, they will tell you
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2014
2113 posts
1962 upvotes
dragonmagician wrote: Yeah, just a 'deposit' button and no 'opt in' button. So it's a bit of a leap of faith. I also forgot to screenshot the offer, so I have no proof to show if this doesn't work. Oh well, it's still worth it to try it out since it's higher than what I'm getting at Tangerine right now.
You need to actually make a deposit to trigger the promo. There was No Thanks, Remind Me Later or Make a Deposit options.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2010
2313 posts
1041 upvotes
burlington, on
I called and received the offer, 3.85% on new deposits

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)