Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Simplii Financial

[YMMV] New 3.85% Interest Rate Promo until October 31, 2022

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2022 4:21 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
4081 posts
1967 upvotes
Toronto
Got through to Simplii pretty fast. Confirmed 3.85% on previous 3% promo until Oct 31 2022
Mar 3, 2004
588 posts
704 upvotes
I opted in the Simplii 3% in early July. Now when I click on the Terms and Conditions email in my Inbox that I received from July, the T&C link magically now reflects with the 3.85% rate. So I guess I'm 'upgraded'. If you opted in back in July, check your email and click the T&C link.

Link should go here: https://www.simplii.com/content/dam/sim ... y_2022.pdf
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
4018 posts
4409 upvotes
GTA
dragonmagician wrote:
Yeah, just a 'deposit' button and no 'opt in' button. So it's a bit of a leap of faith. I also forgot to screenshot the offer, so I have no proof to show if this doesn't work. Oh well, it's still worth it to try it out since it's higher than what I'm getting at Tangerine right now.
jmc111 wrote:
You need to actually make a deposit to trigger the promo. There was No Thanks, Remind Me Later or Make a Deposit options.
jmc111 wrote:
As one other mentioned, call them if you did receive but did not deposit. Otherwise, you lucked out. They did not give the option to Activate. It really looked like a continuation of the 3% promo if you received back early July.
*vvv -- Guys, this -- vvv* (not just the posts above, sharing for everyone :) as there are many posts where people are unsure).
Raboo11 wrote: I just chatted and they confirmed that if you accepted the July offer 3% this offer is a continuation of that offer so you are enrolled automatically at 3.85% if you received the new pop-up. I would probably double-check yourself by calling or chatting given there is no other confirmation on the account page.
yesnomaybe wrote:
I can confirm this as well after chatting with an agent. So if you enrolled for the 3% promo, the rate has been automatically bumped up to 3.85%
splur wrote: I'm assuming this is on new deposits above the snapshot of your closing balance June 30th too, for those who might've already had money in Simplii then.
I assume everyone who got this offer has already accepted the 3% offer from July 2022.
* This offer is just an upgrade to those to accepted it in July.
* The bonus interest starting balance remains the same, the amount higher than the balance at the end of June 30.
* There is no accept button for this offer, you already have been included if you see it. So, this means, no immediate deposit necessary. Just add the funds as you wish.

Please let me know if I have missed something but posted this message so that it helps clear things up.
Last edited by martydxb on Aug 10th, 2022 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 31, 2020
24 posts
10 upvotes
Opened a new account last week with the 3% HISA. Didn't have any luck getting them to increase the rate to 3.85%
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
4018 posts
4409 upvotes
GTA
Flagrate wrote: Opened a new account last week with the 3% HISA. Didn't have any luck getting them to increase the rate to 3.85%
Just have to wait, now you are a life time member of the Simplii lotto corp, haha :)
You will eventually get offers, but it might take a while.

The main tip, always move your funds out, zero the balances before the end of the promotion period.
Almost all these promos are for 'new deposits'.

EQ bank is a good hub for waiting between Tangerine and Simplii promos :)
Jun 3, 2008
258 posts
270 upvotes
Newmarket
HurricaneGusto wrote: Actually moved to Tangerine for their 3.5% promo rate and it's the same thing. A basic interest at month end and then a big lump sum for the promo. You don't see if anywhere either except the sign up promo wording
If you go to the account details tab, Tangerine will show you the special offer you accepted and the expiry date.
May 22, 2015
294 posts
94 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
I've just called and asked he said probably I didnt move my account for longtime that's why I dont recieved any promo for years... Oh well he's right I'll call to cancel tomorrow.
Jun 13, 2012
209 posts
302 upvotes
Calgary
Well haven't seen an offer from Simplii for years, was my first bank account when they were still under PC Financial. I guess they don't want my money and I'll just keep my deposits with Tangerine then...
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4593 posts
19425 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I just called Simplii and they said that the 3.85% rate only applies to anything above and beyond the balance that you had as of June 30, 2022. For example, if you had $50,000 on June 30, 2022, and you withdrew $45,000 on say July 1, 2022, you would NOT receive 3.85% on anything until you reach at least $50,001 in the HISA.

Essentially they take a snapshot of what u had on June 30 and.anything beyond that gets the 3.85%.
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3504 upvotes
Vancouver
martydxb wrote: *vvv -- Guys, this -- vvv* (not just the posts above, sharing for everyone :) as there are many posts where people are unsure).

I assume everyone who got this offer has already accepted the 3% offer from July 2022.
* This offer is just an upgrade to those to accepted it in July.
* The bonus interest starting balance remains the same, the amount higher than the balance at the end of June 30.
* There is no accept button for this offer, you already have been included if you see it. So, this means, no immediate deposit necessary. Just add the funds as you wish.

Please let me know if I have missed something but posted this message so that it helps clear things up.
Both me and my wife got the offer, but only I was previously registered for the 3%. Where my offer said "transfer" hers said "activate".
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
6830 posts
1257 upvotes
Did anyone on a current 2.80% promotion that ends Oct 31, 2022 receive the offer for 3.85%?
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
4018 posts
4409 upvotes
GTA
1226 wrote: Both me and my wife got the offer, but only I was previously registered for the 3%. Where my offer said "transfer" hers said "activate".
That's good to know, so I guess it is being offered to people who did not get the July offer. They just have to choose activate.
Does her terms and conditions say new deposits since July 1? or something else since she got the activate button.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
1280 posts
2643 upvotes
Accepted the offer last night, called this morning to confirm. They said it did not update on their end 'yet' but confirmed they manually enrolled me and would send a confirmation email

an hour later.. no email

I'm sure it is done, but take screenshots people
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
1280 posts
2643 upvotes
nightwalker wrote: Didn't receive the popup when I logged in but chatted with the CSR and got it.

But mine is only valid till Oct 31 whereas OP got it till Dec 31?
Title typo
Jun 7, 2022
218 posts
435 upvotes
Opened account in June.

Didn't receive the pop up and the CSR refused to bump me to 3.85.
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3504 upvotes
Vancouver
martydxb wrote: That's good to know, so I guess it is being offered to people who did not get the July offer. They just have to choose activate.
Does her terms and conditions say new deposits since July 1? or something else since she got the activate button.
Yeah looked to be the same terms.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
7579 posts
5272 upvotes
Toronto
To the simplii veterans, if you get the offer, could you just click remind me later and move all your funds in savings to chequing or external bank and then click on deposit/activate now the next day and put the funds back into the savings at promo rate?